• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone see any screen protectors for the Switch tablet?

The official Nintendo carrying case comes with a screen protector and it was up on Amazon and has now sold out.

EB Games had a screen protector available for pre-order on Friday but it was Biogenic (or whatever they are called) and their stuff is nothing but crap IMO. They are a Canadian company, so EB sells their stuff to save money on their end but we end up with crap.

EB Games Biogenic - In Stock
https://www.ebgames.ca/Switch/Games/727247/switch-screen-protector

EB Games Nintendo Case and Screen Protector - Out of Stock
https://www.ebgames.ca/Switch/Games/727788/nintendo-switch-carrying-case-and-screen-protector

Amazon Nintendo Case and Screen Protector - Out of Stock
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01N226BBW/

Lizardus

The official Nintendo carrying case comes with a screen protector and it was up on Amazon and has now sold out.

EB Games had a screen protector available for pre-order on Friday but it was Biogenic (or whatever they are called) and their stuff is nothing but crap IMO. They are a Canadian company, so EB sells their stuff to save money on their end but we end up with crap.

EB Games Biogenic - In Stock
https://www.ebgames.ca/Switch/Games/727247/switch-screen-protector

EB Games Nintendo Case and Screen Protector - Out of Stock
https://www.ebgames.ca/Switch/Games/727788/nintendo-switch-carrying-case-and-screen-protector

Amazon Nintendo Case and Screen Protector - Out of Stock
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01N226BBW/

Thanks man, I try not to order anything off of EBGames because they charge for shipping.

I don't know why Nintendo themselves aren't selling these accessories on their websites. Whats better about selling your products through 3rd party retailers?

Wait for the Hori screen protectors, should be there by launch day.

True, I'll probably do that. Thanks

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
So if they are out of Switch preorders when I go trade-in my stuff (took a while to make up my mind), I could theoritically put the credit toward a bunch of Switch games and accesories and then "switch" (geddit?) the preorder toward the console when they get more allocation? Am I boned if the games/accesories come out before I can make the switch?

So if they are out of Switch preorders when I go trade-in my stuff (took a while to make up my mind), I could theoritically put the credit toward a bunch of Switch games and accesories and then "switch" (geddit?) the preorder toward the console when they get more allocation? Am I boned if the games/accesories come out before I can make the switch?

There really isn't an easy answer. Yes you could take advantage of the double trade deal and other Switch specific trade deals and put it on games and accessories. However, once they release on March 3rd, there are multiple ways to go around it:

1. Let the pre-order expire and move the trade in credit to your account for use
2. Pick up your items and then just do a return to get the trade in credit back

However, both of these are very YMMV because all stores are different, they might reduce the trade in amount because it is no longer on Switch products. The issue is that it is very unlikely another Switch pre-order will pop up in store before March 3rd.

eyesradar

Finally went to EB on lunch break to trade my stuff in:
(2x everything)

Fallout 4 (PS4) - 14
Super Mario 3D World - 18
Yoshi's Woolly World - 26
Battlefield 1 (PS4) - 56(!!)
Pokemon Sun - 30
Star Wars: Battlefront (PS4) - 6

A total of whooping $150.

Now I want to deal over my haul and beat WD2 and FFXV before the promo ends to trade them in as well.

tiijj

It's available at amazon, I'm not familiar with the brand.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01N11LOJB/

Also it's confusing since it shows 2 different type, the one that only covers the screen (no cover on the bezel) and the one the covers both the screen and bezel.

emPY9g7.jpg

zxhOWu5.jpg

keakster

I'm hoping Tech Armor releases a screen protector for the Switch. I love the matte ones they have, used them for my last 3 phones

So if you have just the basic Red Edge Card you get an extra 5% on your trades? Even for the double trade deal towards Switch consoles, games and accessories?

I am going to be trading enough to cover my Switch console and Master Edition so that's a decent amount when it all adds up, about $30.

So if you have just the basic Red Edge Card you get an extra 5% on your trades? Even for the double trade deal towards Switch consoles, games and accessories?

I am going to be trading enough to cover my Switch console and Master Edition so that's a decent amount when it all adds up, about $30.

No. I think the 5% only applies when the trade is not a part of any other trade in promotions.

Aonuma

I don't see that anywhere: https://www.ebgames.ca/aboutUs

Gold gets you 5% off of buying traded-in games, but no extra for trading in. I traded in using a Platinum card and got 0% extra -- even if there was extra (which there isn't) it wouldn't count on top of the other deals.

No. I think the 5% only applies when the trade is not a part of any other trade in promotions.

I don't see that anywhere: https://www.ebgames.ca/aboutUs

Gold gets you 5% off of buying traded-in games, but no extra for trading in. I traded in using a Platinum card and got 0% extra -- even if there was extra (which there isn't) it wouldn't count on top of the other deals.

Interesting, someone earlier in this thread got the extra amount. They got $157.50 for their Wii U for instance, I guess its a YMMV if the store lets you do it or not like many trade deals.

AzerPhire

Interesting, someone earlier in this thread got the extra amount. They got $157.50 for their Wii U for instance, I guess its a YMMV if the store lets you do it or not like many trade deals.

Should just be accessories you get the extra % on as they are not part of the double trade in credit promo. The console is bumped up from $90 to $150 as part of the promotion so that should be excluded from the % bump as well.

Sealtest

So this may be a stupid thing but I've started thinking that Nintendo put a Neon Blue/Neon Red joy con in one bundle so people have the option to trade the color they dont want to someone else.

We have a BST thread on neogaf, I wonder how long after launch before we have a Joy-Con trade thread.

Edit - I'm dumb

So this may be a stupid thing but I've started thinking that Nintendo put a Neon Blue/Neon Red joy con in one bundle so people have the option to trade the color they dont want to someone else.

We have a BST thread on neogaf, I wonder how long after launch before we have a Joy-Con trade thread.

Take a look at the joycons and think about it.

UberTag

It doesn't work that way because the left and right JoyCons are uniquely configured (analog stick placement, unique buttons, D-pad buttons have arrows, the other buttons have letters, etc.). You can't have two left JoyCons or two right JoyCons; you'll always need one of each. So trading won't come into play so long as the left JoyCon in the neon bundle is always blue and the right JoyCon is always red.

Sealtest

It doesn't work that way because the left and right JoyCons are uniquely configured (analog stick placement, unique buttons, D-pad buttons have arrows, the other buttons have letters, etc.). You can't have two left JoyCons or two right JoyCons; you'll always need one of each. So trading won't come into play so long as the left JoyCon in the neon bundle is always blue and the right JoyCon is always red.

Take a look at the joycons and think about it.

For some reason I thought that some people would get a left red/right blue and other people would get a left blue and right red.

Moltenix

For some reason I thought that some people would get a left red/right blue and other people would get a left blue and right red.

Oooh, imagine if they didn't sell the neon Joycons separately and made one variation rarer than the other and sold them randomly. People would be buying up multiple Switches until they got the Joycon color configuration they want!

kennah

Oooh, imagine if they didn't sell the neon Joycons separately and made one variation rarer than the other and sold them randomly. People would be buying up multiple Switches until they got the Joycon color configuration they want!
Don't worry. I'm sure there will be some variation of the ips vs tn 3ds hunt

I have about $450 of trades lined up for after work, between only about 13 games I'm trading in. Feels good.

3 sets of "trade three for a switch game" ones and four more adding up to over $200 because they're all doubled up to over $50. Nice thing is most of I own or will own in a different format anyway. Stuff like selling Smash 3DS when I have the Wii U version anyway...Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon going toward Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Splatoon 2...Kingdom Hearts 3DS and 2.5 when I'm getting 2.8 and 1.5+2.5 anyway...etc.

This is a really great deal. I'm set for Switch games for quite a while, helps ease the pain of that $400 price tag for the console when I know I won't be paying out of pocket for a game well into the summer.

So what is the best course of action for the EB trade deals?

If a game is in the $8-13 range it is best to trade towards a game for that deal where it is bumped to $26 or whatever the amount is right? Versus the double up?

And then games that are higher in value should be used for the double up?

Any other hints to help me out? I am going to trade in a bunch of stuff this weekend to pay off my Switch console and Master Edition in full.

If a game is in the $8-13 range it is best to trade towards a game for that deal where it is bumped to $26 or whatever the amount is right? Versus the double up?

Any other hints to help me out? I am going to trade in a bunch of stuff this weekend to pay off my Switch console and Master Edition in full.

You've pretty much got it. Also note that a lot of games aren't in their system yet, but you can apply the credit to any random Switch game or accessory and then move it to the one you want once they get more games in their system.

Fuck off, Source. Fucking Source. Go bankrupt already. Shitty fucking system that says it's not in stock, yet it says it is. Folks refreshing hard got in, I've been trying since the minute it came up and nothing. Fucking Source.

Most of all, FUCK OFF, NINTENDO. I haven't raged this much over a fucking company as much as I am raging over Nintendo. FUCK YOU, NINTENDO.

I too know that life

Omg, where do you all live? (Or what year are we in that you are scared to be out with electronics?) All I see in scarb are wealthy import cars, professional couples, $700k bungalows, ethnic-mix restaurants and newly rich tradesmen (tho to be fair they may not dress like it).

Yeah i know there's still a handful of tough blocks not gentrified yet.

Anyone looking at tempered glass screen protectors, quality varies widely. Wait for a known brand - preferably a company that will replace for free.

Lexxism

Yes, that's the best thing to do. Anything above 13, just use it towards the 2x promo.

Fuck off, Source. Fucking Source. Go bankrupt already. Shitty fucking system that says it's not in stock, yet it says it is. Folks refreshing hard got in, I've been trying since the minute it came up and nothing. Fucking Source.

Most of all, FUCK OFF, NINTENDO. I haven't raged this much over a fucking company as much as I am raging over Nintendo. FUCK YOU, NINTENDO.

Keep trying to buy their product. That will teach them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom