• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi87

About to pickup a Neon Switch from someone off Kijiji. Brand new with receipt from BB. $485.

Someone talk me out of it. >_<
Depends if you want one right now. Basically compared to my province your only paying about $33 more.

Edit : Also follow the above advice about public place

About to pickup a Neon Switch from someone off Kijiji. Brand new with receipt from BB. $485.

Don't do it, you're giving money to some scumbag that you could be using towards a pro controller, extra adapter, charging grip, screen protector, and/or actual games on the system.

TheExodu5

Banned
Depends if you want one right now. Basically compared to my province your only paying about $33 more.

Edit : Also follow the above advice about public place

Yeah I'm in Ontario so it's about $30 over MSRP. My only concern is there being dead pixels or another issue Nintendo wouldn't fix.

He wants me to meet at his place. Nice resedential area of Ottawa though (Findley Creek), so I'm not too worried. Also have his phone number and Facebook profile haha.

chimster

Just on the phone now with Best Buy and it appears that the Futureshop era Orders have a problem where they show as out of stock causing them not to ship even though there is stock available. This has been escalated to the best buy team but I was advised this was the reason it didnt ship. The advisor on the phone offered to cancel my futureshop order and do a bestbuy order with the price override to reflect the futureshop order and have it ship out today.

Unfortunately there were some processing errors where the page could not be displayed when they went to submit so it ended up in me needing to do a guest checkout and then get an order number that way and then provide that to them so they could adjust.

Make sure you have time if you call Best Buy as this was about a 40 min thing.

Cheers

Thanks for sharing, my pre-order wasn't a futureshop order but one I placed a few months ago. I'll send them a email to check it out.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Yeah I'm in Ontario so it's about $30 over MSRP. My only concern is there being dead pixels or another issue Nintendo wouldn't fix.

He wants me to meet at his place. Nice resedential area of Ottawa though (Findley Creek), so I'm not too worried. Also have his phone number and Facebook profile haha.

I dont support supporting scalpers, even if its a $30 markup (its probably that low because hes been sitting on it for weeks)

Stores got more shipments this week. Its only gonna become easier to find.

On the other hand when I bought my Switch the other day the EB person said the neon was a launch day limited edition thing and their new shipment was gray only.

TheExodu5

Banned
I dont support supporting scalpers, even if its a $30 markup (its probably that low because hes been sitting on it for weeks)

Stores got more shipments this week. Its only gonna become easier to find.

On the other hand when I bought my Switch the other day the EB person said the neon was a launch day limited edition thing and their new shipment was gray only.

Yeah that's my worry...really digging the Neon and I don't know if I want to risk missing it.

Honestly, I'd recommend waiting at least towards fall of this year. There's no reason to pay over MSRP for this; Its not the NES classic: They WILL be putting out more. Plus, as fun a time as I'm having with Zelda, its just not worth spending all that money just to get an improvement of a marginal amount.

Also, IF there are problems with that switch, unless he hadn't opened it, and he provides you with a valid reciept that's still within the return period, it's just not worth buying it from kijiji since he most certainly won't accept a return.

Yeah that's my worry...really digging the Neon and I don't know if I want to risk missing it.

not the first time an EBgames employee has told a customer information that could be considered suspect.

Plus, don't they sell the neon controllers separately? Couldn't you just trade in the grey ones towards the neon ones?

the EB person said the neon was a launch day limited edition thing and their new shipment was gray only.

I don't believe that EB person for a second.

At no point was neon advertised as limited edition. It's a color variation that is produced in lower amounts, but still a standard edition of the system

TheExodu5

Banned
Honestly, I'd recommend waiting at least towards fall of this year. There's no reason to pay over MSRP for this; Its not the NES classic: They WILL be putting out more. Plus, as fun a time as I'm having with Zelda, its just not worth spending all that money just to get an improvement of a marginal amount.

Also, IF there are problems with that switch, unless he hadn't opened it, and he provides you with a valid reciept that's still within the return period, it's just not worth buying it from kijiji since he most certainly won't accept a return.

not the first time an EBgames employee has told a customer information that could be considered suspect.

Plus, don't they sell the neon controllers separately? Couldn't you just trade in the grey ones towards the neon ones?

Part of the appeal of the Neon console is I can buy the Neon Joycons which are alternating and then I have a full blue and red set.

I already ordered the Joycons. Now I just need to decide whether I wait on the system.

Renewed

Does it have to be Neon?

Better point: What was there that you needed to play immediately besides Zelda? Maybe the Splatoon 2 testfire this weekend?? lol

Personally I would have waited if not for the tradein deals. If my EB gets a Neon, I'll hit you up at cost with details.

TheExodu5

Banned
Does it have to be Neon?

Better point: What was there that you needed to play immediately besides Zelda? Maybe the Splatoon 2 testfire this weekend?? lol

Yeah, when you put it that way. >_> I mean I could just deal and play Zelda on Wii U, but performance issues really bother me and playing it on work breaks would be really nice.

I guess there's no harm in waiting.

Part of the appeal of the Neon console is I can buy the Neon Joycons which are alternating and then I have a full blue and red set.

I already ordered the Joycons. Now I just need to decide whether I wait on the system.

i would wait. it WILL be put back in stock, for MSRP, and unless you have a need to play zelda right now, there's nothing really else being released on it that you couldn't get on other platforms already (binding of Issac for the physical manual), until the next 1st party nintendo game gets released.

Yeah, when you put it that way. >_> I mean I could just deal and play Zelda on Wii U, but performance issues really bother me and playing it on work breaks would be really nice.

I guess there's no harm in waiting.

Don't you still have time to return the Wii U version to cover the cost of the Switch version?

EDIT: I should say "trade in" instead of return

TheExodu5

Banned
I think I'll take the opportunity to trim my collection and maybe try to raise a bit of money to justify the expense in the future. I have a 360 with a bunch of RPGs that I'll never play...

I've just been too careless with money in the past, so you guys have talked some sense into me. This would have been an irresponsible purchase to just play 1 game right now.

Right, but he should be able to get one at MSRP reasonably soon, with restocks already occurring at some stores.

which is what i said earlier to him.

Then again, with the defects that have been reported in regards to the switch, I would personally wait until they start pumping out switches that have ironed out that joycon defect at the very least, but that's just me.

antibolo

Banned
which is what i said earlier to him.

Then again, with the defects that have been reported in regards to the switch, I would personally wait until they start pumping out switches that have ironed out that joycon defect at the very least, but that's just me.

That's already fixed. Not even all launch joycons have that issue (mine doesn't, never had a single disconnect in over 50 hours of Zelda).

That's already fixed. Not even all launch joycons have that issue (mine doesn't, never had a single disconnect in over 50 hours of Zelda).

That's good to hear. Friend of mine has the joycon issue and from what he's told me, it's pretty bad for him.

Have Nintendo said whether they will repair defective joycons for free?

I want a Switch but I'm waiting for the dust to settle a bit on the joycan thing and the dock/screen scratching stuff. It would be really cool if they redesigned the dock so that the face was showing all the time.

TheExodu5

Banned
Oh nice...looks like I can get $400 in BestBuy gift cards with my Mastercard points. That'll justify the purchase easier when the time comes.

Of course...that's about $800 worth of travel points, so maybe that's not the best idea afterall.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
That's good to hear. Friend of mine has the joycon issue and from what he's told me, it's pretty bad for him.

Have Nintendo said whether they will repair defective joycons for free?

We are asking consumers to contact our customer support team so we can help them determine if a repair is necessary. If it is, consumers can send their controller directly to Nintendo for the adjustment, free of charge, with an anticipated quick return of less than a week. Repair timing may vary by region. For help with any hardware or software questions, please visit http://support.nintendo.com.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1354536

kevin1025

Banned
RE7 is $50 on Amazon.ca.

I'm tempted.

giphy.gif

(I spent the past 16 years thinking he said, "Don't tempt me further!")

CRA5H

I don't know if what I've experienced is a desync issue. I was playing Zelda and I was turning with the left analog stick. I let go of the stick but the input "stuck" for a couple seconds then released. It's almost as if you were holding a direction, something lagged for a bit, then even when you have let go, it keeps moving your character.

Anyone else experience this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom