• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDH

Actually Lexar is dreadfull for SD/Micro SD cards, very high defect rates

Go with either the Samsung Evo+ or the SanDisk Ultra lines.

Have any source for that?

I always went with Lexar starting back with Digital SLR Photography, as it was the branch most highly regarded for longevity and quality.

I just realized that the prices of digital games on PSN are kind of a ripoff. Edith Finch and Inside are $27 CAD which based on the $20 USD price means our dollar should be 0.65 but it's really 0.74. I know that's not much different, but it still feels shitty. Those games sadly aren't worth $27 IMO.

Meanwhile, Inside is $20 CAD on Xbox Live. Wow, big difference. Much better (even with the taxes).

sikkinixx

I just realized that the prices of digital games on PSN are kind of a ripoff. Edith Finch and Inside are $27 CAD which based on the $20 USD price means our dollar should be 0.65 but it's really 0.74. I know that's not much different, but it still feels shitty. Those games sadly aren't worth $27 IMO.

Meanwhile, Inside is $20 CAD on Xbox Live. Wow, big difference. Much better (even with the taxes).

$20USD to cdn comes out to $26.98 according Google. They are just straight converting I guess?

SirKhalid

From what I saw on Xbox, Microsoft doesn't apply any exchange for normal Xbox game below 20$. But, if they are Play Anywhere title, then now, they will use the Windows 10 store rate. Like each Forza Horizon 3 expansion pass are 20$ USD, 26$ CAD. Or another game that just game out, 7$ USD = 9$ CAD.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Crash Trilogy is listed as $55 on PSN lol.

Good thing Amazon Prime has it at $40.

$1 USD = $1.35 CDN

not 1.26

How does that work? Where does 1.35 come from?

$27 CAD * 0.74 = $19.98 USD.

Haha I guess math isn't my friend because I would have thought it would be $20 x 1.26 since the dollar is 0.74, and 0.74 + 0.26 is 1. But I guess that's not how the math works there. Someone should explain.

From what I saw on Xbox, Microsoft doesn't apply any exchange for normal Xbox game below 20$. But, if they are Play Anywhere title, then now, they will use the Windows 10 store rate. Like each Forza Horizon 3 expansion pass are 20$ USD, 26$ CAD. Or another game that just game out, 7$ USD = 9$ CAD.

Oh, OK. Interesting...thanks.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
How does that work? Where does 1.35 come from?

Haha I guess math isn't my friend because I would have thought it would be $20 x 1.26 since the dollar is 0.74, and 0.74 + 0.26 is 1. But I guess that's not how the math works there. Someone should explain.

Oh, OK. Interesting...thanks.
It's because 74/100 = 0.74 and you'd need to use the inverse of that (100/74 which is 1.35) if you want to do the math the way you did. You probably screw up % off sales also.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Were there other colours previously?
I can only see Grey options and that's the colour I already have :(

Only the gray is on sale. The rest are either full price or sold out.

AtlantiC_CodeX

Neo Member
I had ordered the hyken mesh black chair for in store pickup today from Staples and I just got an email saying it's out stock :|

I go to order online and it's temporary out of stock

RXpJk_s-200x150.gif

Staples is the worst

Now I see there's three in stock in a location an hour and 15 minutes away, I call to ask if it's actually available and no one picks up.

Fularu

Banned
I had ordered the hyken mesh black chair for in store pickup today from Staples and I just got an email saying it's out stock :|

I go to order online and it's temporary out of stock

RXpJk_s-200x150.gif

Staples is the worst

Now I see there's three in stock in a location an hour and 15 minutes away, I call to ask if it's actually available and no one picks up.

Welcome to Staples

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
Thank you for the input on SD cards. I don't mind paying a bit more for a Sandisk Ultra so I'll probably go with that.

eyesradar

Well for pillows I can vouch for the IKEA's. Bought a random one years ago and slept very well on it. I think they have both affordable and expensive pillows ranging from down/feather fillings to synthetic mats/memorial foams.

I recall SO shopped a very expensive pillow somewhere and returned it "Cuz they are trash compared to IKEA's".

My 2 cents.

jokkir

I bought a pillow at Walmart for $3 and it's been pretty good to me. I might just buy a ton and sleep on it. Can't beat the fluffyness and price factor

JDH

Nothing beats a foam latex pillow. I used to replace my pillows annually because I love a fluffy pillow and over time they kinda go flat.

I bought a foam latex pillow from Costco for $89 and it's lasted me three years now. It's just as fluffy and bouncy as day 1. Highly recommended.

centracore

Anyone seen the Neon Joy-Cons in stock anywhere recently? I'm starting to think they are going to be harder to find than the damn Switch itself..

Actually Lexar is dreadfull for SD/Micro SD cards, very high defect rates

Go with either the Samsung Evo+ or the SanDisk Ultra lines.

Market may vary. I've been using Lexars extensively got photos and videos, formatting and rewriting the card to max every other day, for the past 3 years. Very few cards have died on me, and I don't think the Lexars brand is tainted.

i-Jest

Star Ocean 3 PS4 is $27!

BAHAHAHAHA

It wouldn't be so bad if it was a rare and valuable PS2 game but it's far from the case here...

My Nintendo's been something of a blessing in that regard. Discounts on Wii games and what have you, otherwise rather expensive in physical form, have gone for 15% to 30% off on the Eshop with My Nintendo promos.

I fully plan to wait for a decent promotion on that Star Ocean game.

kevin1025

Banned
My Nintendo's been something of a blessing in that regard. Discounts on Wii games and what have you, otherwise rather expensive in physical form, have gone for 15% to 30% off on the Eshop with My Nintendo promos.

I fully plan to wait for a decent promotion on that Star Ocean game.

Give us Switch rewards!

centracore

You can get a blue set or a red set at staples.ca.

Whoa, I thought Staples was out of the video game business so didn't even think to check there. Thanks, got a pair of neon blue ones ordered with a $10 off $100 coupon (used a pen for filler)!

Looking to upgrade my TV, is the Vizio M70-D3 70-in. at $2,499.99 a good deal?? (At costco)

I know the 2017 models of these Tvs are coming soon but I have no idea how much they will be in Canada at launch, its usually more than just the exchange rate right???

Firestorm

Looking to upgrade my TV, is the Vizio M70-D3 70-in. at $2,499.99 a good deal?? (At costco)

I know the 2017 models of these Tvs are coming soon but I have no idea how much they will be in Canada at launch, its usually more than just the exchange rate right???
I'd probably see if the Vizio P65-C1 goes on clearance at Costco. It has been $2199.99 ($600 off) in the recent past and losing 5" for a better TV at a potentially cheaper price seems worth it given the 2017 P series is the same TV with a different remote.

I'd probably see if the Vizio P65-C1 goes on clearance at Costco. It has been $2199.99 ($600 off) in the recent past and losing 5" for a better TV at a potentially cheaper price seems worth it given the 2017 P series is the same TV with a different remote.

Solid advice, will probably do that, thats a lot less money for a better panel and only 5" less...

Thanks

iBeleaf

Any deal on a laptop?

Looking to spend around 450-550.

There is a HP one on Bestbuy for 499 but it's touch screen and not sure how reliable those are

Any deal on a laptop?

Looking to spend around 450-550.

There is a HP one on Bestbuy for 499 but it's touch screen and not sure how reliable those are

Dang you're about a month late on the laptop search. You missed out on the mother of deals last month from Microsoft. Hopefully another deal pops up soon that you can take advantage of..

Has anyone see the GTX 1050Ti GPUs go on sale for more than ~$10-20 off? I've been keeping an eye on the single-fan 4GB one for a while, and it's $184 on Amazon right now. Any tips on deals that might be better than that? I'm in no big rush so don't mind waiting for something to come along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom