• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR

I'm looking at getting a PS4 Pro so I can play WipEout Omega Collection.. do you guys think it will have a price drop within the next month?

I'm hoping for one during E3.

Sadly I can't seem to find one new or used for less than $500 Canadian.

I would bet a price drop of $50 will happen in the fall to combat Scorpio no matter how much Mircosoft prices it at, but I don't know if Sony would take such an early swipe at them, they really don't need to so soon.

antibolo

Banned
I would bet a price drop of $50 will happen in the fall to combat Scorpio no matter how much Mircosoft prices it at, but I don't know if Sony would take such an early swipe at them, they really don't need to so soon.

I'm pretty sure that Sony doesn't feel threatened by Scorpio at all.

NYR

I'm pretty sure that Sony doesn't feel threatened by Scorpio at all.

Right now, they shouldn't be, but is Scorpio comes in at $399 US, they will be. I doubt the new xbox hits $399, but keep in mind, PlayStation 2 dropped to $199 in June 2002 to combat the xbox that came in at $299 - they had a 2 year head start and were still killing it sales wise, no need to price drop but they did it to crush the competition.

leeman

Anyone hunting the EBGames exclusive amiibo (Cloud P2 and Twilight Princess Link), word on the street is that they will be doing in-store pre-orders starting tomorrow. Very likely online will happen as well. No official confirmation, but some good sources behind this...

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
If Sony price drops the Pro its because its been out for almost a year, not because they feel threatened by Scorpio.

I don't have much confidence in Scorpio either, feels like its going to be a dud.

eyesradar

The Pro is fairly niche and Scorpio will be even nicher.

Tho I do agree with you but I have witnessed quite a few "My son want the new XBox" moms buying whatever for their spoiled kids over the year so even though it's indeed niche market but Scorpio does get away with that!

antibolo

Banned
Tho I do agree with you but I have witnessed quite a few "My son want the new XBox" moms buying whatever for their spoiled kids over the year so even though it's indeed niche market but Scorpio does get away with that!

Parents who buy a console for their child will go to the cheapest SKU by default. They're not going to care.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Anyone hunting the EBGames exclusive amiibo (Cloud P2 and Twilight Princess Link), word on the street is that they will be doing in-store pre-orders starting tomorrow. Very likely online will happen as well. No official confirmation, but some good sources behind this...
Hope that's true. Still waiting on the BB.ca exclusives also.

c-murph

Daily: Shine No.5... Woooo Quick Assault No.5 in like a month! Can never have enough of those.

Any one buy the 4* ticket bundle? Decided to go for it because Rikku.

AtlantiC_CodeX

Neo Member
A 21:9 display? I don't think you can do 21:9 on a PS4. I am sure it will work fine centred on that display. Not sure of the quality.

Why do you want a curved monitor?

I want to replace my tv which is old. I've been eyeing the 21:9s for a while but since I only play on console currently I figured they might not be a good idea.

I thought the curved monitor would work well for consoles​and be as emersive as the 21:9 or at least more than just a regular tv. Especially at the 300$ range.

SickBoy

Guess all my waffling on Wind Waker at $20 made my decision for me. I know the other day all my local EBs were out, but thought I might grab it on Amazon.. though they've marked it up to $27 or something like that.

I want to replace my tv which is old. I've been eyeing the 21:9s for a while but since I only play on console currently I figured they might not be a good idea.

I thought the curved monitor would work well for consoles​and be as emersive as the 21:9 or at least more than just a regular tv. Especially at the 300$ range.

Make sure you dont get a 1440p screen, it'll make your ps4 look blurry af.

There are 1080p 16:9 curved screens, maybe look into those

UberTag

Speaking of which - has the Amazon Final Fantasy XII steelbook price error been mentioned? Too lazy to go look. Not sure if it's even still up.
Not sure whether this has been the case for anyone else, but I know I capitalized on this price error for Final Fantasy XII's steelbook right when OT9 kicked off and my order has recently been cancelled. It's extremely out of character for Amazon not to commit to a price error on their part but this is one instance where it happened and I'm fairly certain this cancellation was recent as I checked on this order back in mid-April and everything looked fine.

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up so that you don't get caught off-guard in July. Best Buy still has the steelbook available for pre-order but Amazon does not. Had I waited until closer to release and assumed my old order was still locked in I'd have probably been hosed out of the steelbook release completely.

That's the second issue I've had in two days for Amazon. They also charged me full retail for my copy of Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2 despite the fact that it had the Prime discount applied properly as recently as a week ago. I've had to follow up with support to get a refund for the difference.

leeman

I know this question gets asked a lot, but I can't remember the answer:

Will the prime discount apply to my pre-order once it's added to the listing?

(Maybe we'll get 30% off at E3 though, and I won't have to worry about Prime! lol)

It won't get added immediately when the prime discount goes on, but will very likely get added eventually.

FN-2187

The Pro is fairly niche and Scorpio will be even nicher.

We'll probably find out at E3, but I think MS is going to position the Scorpio as more of a new console than Sony did with the Pro, and I think they are going to be really aggressive with the price and marketing.

leeman

So, I have confirmation that the new amiibo can be pre-ordered in store @ EBGames today. Product IDs are:

Bayonetta - 731351

Cloud - 731349

Corrin - 731359

Twilight Princess Link - 731347

Inkling Girl - 731356

Inkling Boy - 731354

Squid - 731361

P2 Cloud - 731353

EDIT: Reports of small allocations for exclusives :(

leeman

Far Cry 5 is also available for pre-order now @ EBGames.

https://www.ebgames.ca/SearchResult/QuickSearch?q=far+cry+5

Also has exclusive Mason Jar :p

vaIAyc4l.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom