• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert807

Parents who buy a console for their child will go to the cheapest SKU by default. They're not going to care.

I disagree, parents are not stupid. The parents will not be impressed that the new Xbox costs more but they most likely will still buy it. Little Johnny goes on about he wants the new model Xbox , the parents won't want to disappoint Johnny. Heck parents have been buy different systems for their kids for years know. Nintendo , snes , etc

Far Cry 5 is also available for pre-order now @ EBGames.

https://www.ebgames.ca/SearchResult/QuickSearch?q=far+cry+5

Also has exclusive Mason Jar :p

vaIAyc4l.jpg

The world needs more Whistling Beavers!

FN-2187

I disagree, parents are not stupid. The parents will not be impressed that the new Xbox costs more but they most likely will still buy it. Little Johnny goes on about he wants the new model Xbox , the parents won't want to disappoint Johnny. Heck parents have been buy different systems for their kids for years know. Nintendo , snes , etc

Yeah, the cliché of the dumb parent who doesn't know about tech sort of needs to die. Today's parents were raised on tech (and iterative tech, at that). I am a parent, and most of my parent friends are not gamers, but when their kids ask for a new device, they do research or at least ask another parent who knows their stuff before buying. I have been asked by all different parents which 3DS to buy, which tablet to buy, XBONE vs. PS4, what the Wii U is, why can't you find an NES Classic anywhere, etc.

They also don't automatically buy whatever is cheapest. My friend's son asked for a 3DS, and I explained to him how the cheapest option is the 2DS, but it has a smaller screen, worse form factor and slightly weaker specs than the New 3DS XL. I don't recall which one he ended up buying, but he made a gross face at the sounds of the 2DS despite the price difference.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Yeah, the cliché of the dumb parent who doesn't know about tech sort of needs to die. Today's parents were raised on tech (and iterative tech, at that). I am a parent, and most of my parent friends are not gamers, but when their kids ask for a new device, they do research or at least ask another parent who knows their stuff before buying. I have been asked by all different parents which 3DS to buy, which tablet to buy, XBONE vs. PS4, what the Wii U is, why can't you find an NES Classic anywhere, etc.

They also don't automatically buy whatever is cheapest. My friend's son asked for a 3DS, and I explained to him how the cheapest option is the 2DS, but it has a smaller screen, worse form factor and slightly weaker specs than the New 3DS XL. I don't recall which one he ended up buying, but he made a gross face at the sounds of the 2DS despite the price difference.

If you think this is true try spending some time in an EB Games on the weekend. Most parents are still oblivious to gaming stuff.

Summer 2018 is Switch season for me.

Can't wait.

I am thou, thou art I...
Though hast acquired a new vow.

Thy bond shall become the wings of rebellion
and breaketh thy chains of captivity.

With the birth of the Switch Persona,
I have obtained the winds of blessing that
shall lead to freedom and new games...

jokkir

Almost bought that Baynetta but don't really see a need for it. Haven't played any Bayo game yet :|

The Majora's Link Amiibo just unlocks the Fierce Diety outfit, right? That's available in game, no? Maybe i'll just unlock it there.

killroy87

Almost bought that Baynetta but don't really see a need for it. Haven't played any Bayo game yet :|

The Majora's Link Amiibo just unlocks the Fierce Diety outfit, right? That's available in game, no? Maybe i'll just unlock it there.

Wait, the Majora one doesn't unlock anything exclusive? If that's true, then I don't give a fuck about it.

Yoy know I would blame the fact that they were exclusive being the reason they sold out so fast, but I remember the Amazon exclusive Amiibo actually being available for a decent amount of time, so no it's probably just EB Games being shitty as usual.

Can you preorder these in store?

Yes but as to wether there still available in store is another question.

Luigi87

Check Amazon about my Fire Emblem LE
"Your package was delivered."

I go to my side door and see something go into the mailbox, just spam. I check the front, I see the courier leave, no package in hand, and nothing at my house.
... uh... hm...

Edit: Showed up eventually./

And they had a cap limit per account. How the hell does it sell that fast with a cap of 1 per account. Why even announce they'll be stock if their stock is like...2?

early90spants

Neo Member
Managed to get the Cloud P2. Didn't go for the TP Link, figured I'd leave that for people who are more in to Zelda than I am/people who own BOTW.

Edit: also, pretty sure Cloud P2 lasted under a minute before it was OOS, for what it's worth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom