• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR

Any way around that? I just want the 1 corrin amiibo! Really lame that Walmart did this since I've been able to get single amiibo from them in the past this way with no problem
Only way is to get to $25. I just ordered stuff I buy all the time ( deodorant), I would just buy some household items you need, lightbulbs, swiffers, etc.

jholmes

Any way around that? I just want the 1 corrin amiibo! Really lame that Walmart did this since I've been able to get single amiibo from them in the past this way with no problem

Order some garbage bags or whatever that you already need. That or ship to store I think.

Proteus I need thee!!
How the hell does 4K 60fps HDR work on this thang.

According to the X900E manual you need to use HDMI 2 or 3 and set them to Enhanced under Settings -> External Inputs -> HDMI signal formats

Are you connecting the PS4 Pro directly to the TV?

kinger

i think bestbuy is glitch out, theres a switch bundle with mario kart it says 1 remaining. I purchased it and it still shows 1 remaining. Also before I checked out I noticed the price didn't add GST only HST so the total was 490. I check my order, and now the price shows 79.99.

I1urMyB.jpg

will bestbuy honor this?

hmm they charged my card too, I hope i didn't just buy mario kart 8 deluxe lol
Mine says this too! Which is strange because up until actually going into the order details it shows the correct price of $489.

There probably would have been a higher chance of them honouring it if they didn't have the weekend as a buffer period haha.

krae_man

Mine says this too! Which is strange because up until actually going into the order details it shows the correct price of $489.

There probably would have been a higher chance of them honouring it if they didn't have the weekend as a buffer period haha.

I just went through and looked.

It's only charging $10 tax on the $80 for Mario Kart and you agree to pay the full $490.00

I think the best you can hope for is not paying tax on your switch which is still saving $50.

etta

my hard graphic balls
According to the X900E manual you need to use HDMI 2 or 3 and set them to Enhanced under Settings -> External Inputs -> HDMI signal formats

Are you connecting the PS4 Pro directly to the TV?

Ya, Enhanced inputs is the first thing I turned on really because I knew about it prior to getting the TV. Xbox is in HDMI 1, PS4 Pro is in HDMI 2. Xbox settings says 4K works but not 4K HDR 60fps, and when trying FH3 I didn't get HDR at all even though the game is 30fps.
Horizon/TLOU/Uncharted 4 default to 1080p when I turn on the HDR in settings, and turning it off allows the 4K resolution.
I'll look into it more in-depth tomorrow after work, I know the TV should work fine with 4K 60fps and HDR, it's in the top 3 non-OLED 2017 TVs out there it seems.

kinger

I just went through and looked.

It's only charging $10 tax on the $80 for Mario Kart and you agree to pay the full $490.00

I think the best you can hope for is not paying tax on your switch which is still saving $50.
Maybe they just charged you $80+tax first because MK is in stock but not the Switch.
Yeah I just noticed the tax was wrong even from checkout, even though it was still supposed to calculate it based on the supposed total with the Switch, so I have no idea what's going on there.

They're probably out of Switch consoles.

i think bestbuy is glitch out, theres a switch bundle with mario kart it says 1 remaining. I purchased it and it still shows 1 remaining. Also before I checked out I noticed the price didn't add GST only HST so the total was 490. I check my order, and now the price shows 79.99.

I1urMyB.jpg

will bestbuy honor this?

yeah, they're not going to honour this. i mean, i have one ordered showing that price now, but there's just no way. but it's good to dream and hope that one of us gets it shipped to them!

kinger

yeah, they're not going to honour this. i mean, i have one ordered showing that price now, but there's just no way. but it's good to dream and hope that one of us gets it shipped to them!
It says $89 now on my order history page, so even if they were only charging for Mario Kart, I'm probably not getting a Switch from this order. Oh well.
*puts table back*

>_>

<_<

*backs away slowly*
Run

JDH

Good god I want to try, but don't want them to charge me the full amount (as I have a Switch already)

gillty

Banned
Maybe they just charged you $80+tax first because MK is in stock but not the Switch.

The bundle is back to normal pricing $479.99 but they are still charging tax only on the bundled MK ($79.99).

That's still a decent savings, I just put an order in. Will see what happens.

When I first placed the order and clicked on order history, it initally showed $490, but as soon as I clicked on the order, it changed to $90.39 after tax. Even when I go back to the order history, its now showing that adjusted price.

here's the order summary:

8FTziYu.png

i don't see the $490 anywhere now.

Point is, they're so cancelling this.

kinger

The bundle is back to normal pricing $479.99 but they are still charging tax only on the bundled MK ($79.99).

That's still a decent savings, I just put an order in. Will see what happens.
The bundle was never wrong, it was just changing to $79 in the order details. At this point it seems they're just selling more bundles than they have Switches to ship.

Sorry if it's been posted, but how does the $15 credit work on PSN? Do they have to be a part of the same cart? Because I can't seem to add the PS Plus sub to my cart. Took like an hour to make it 50 bucks, too...

Ya, Enhanced inputs is the first thing I turned on really because I knew about it prior to getting the TV. Xbox is in HDMI 1, PS4 Pro is in HDMI 2. Xbox settings says 4K works but not 4K HDR 60fps, and when trying FH3 I didn't get HDR at all even though the game is 30fps.
Horizon/TLOU/Uncharted 4 default to 1080p when I turn on the HDR in settings, and turning it off allows the 4K resolution.
I'll look into it more in-depth tomorrow after work, I know the TV should work fine with 4K 60fps and HDR, it's in the top 3 non-OLED 2017 TVs out there it seems.

How I finally got HDR to work on my Samsung:

-force the xbox to output 1080p in settings
-in advanced settings, check each box individually (eg 50hz, check, exit,then 8-bit colour, checkbox, exit, and so on)
-For the Xbox, uncheck the YCC 4:2:2 box
-last step, change resolution back to 4k, auto detect.

Also, be 100% sure that the two ports you are using can handle 4K/60 HDR. I know that sounds obvious, but some TV's only have 1 port that can do so reliably, despite all the promises made on the box.

EDIT: forgot to mention, try using certified hdmi cables, like the Monoprice Certified Premium High Speed HDMI Cable on amazon. Shorter the length the better.

i-Jest

When I first placed the order and clicked on order history, it initally showed $490, but as soon as I clicked on the order, it changed to $90.39 after tax. Even when I go back to the order history, its now showing that adjusted price.

here's the order summary:

8FTziYu.png

i don't see the $490 anywhere now.

Point is, they're so cancelling this.

Agreed. I have mine showing up as $90. I'd love for Bestbuy to honor this but I'm seeing the same Switch unit in stock with a quantity of 1. I'm sure many have placed an order for the same unit, at a fraction of the price.

This sorta reminds me of the time Bestbuy wouldn't honor the extremely cheap PS4
that only TheMainEvent had successfully purchased
. I'm also reminded of when Lenovo cancelled the orders for that cheap laptop many in the thread placed an order for. However truth can be stranger than fiction so let's see what happens.

I decided to buy 2 years worth of plus, and I was charged for three somehow... what the hell?! What are my chances of getting this refunded by talking to Sony?

I decided to buy 2 years worth of plus, and I was charged for three somehow... what the hell?! What are my chances of getting this refunded by talking to Sony?

Zero, or they will do it "this one time as a goodwill gesture" and that means like me when you try to refund a broken game in the future they will tell you to get rekt.

Xenoflare

Zero, or they will do it "this one time as a goodwill gesture" and that means like me when you try to refund a broken game in the future they will tell you to get rekt.

^Pretty much that and do not ever do a chargeback, your account will be permabanned

MercuryLS3

I1urMyB.jpg

will bestbuy honor this?

Ordered one too, i know they're going to cancel it...but you never know. A switch at that price would be amazing.

etta

my hard graphic balls
How I finally got HDR to work on my Samsung:

-force the xbox to output 1080p in settings
-in advanced settings, check each box individually (eg 50hz, check, exit,then 8-bit colour, checkbox, exit, and so on)
-For the Xbox, uncheck the YCC 4:2:2 box
-last step, change resolution back to 4k, auto detect.

Also, be 100% sure that the two ports you are using can handle 4K/60 HDR. I know that sounds obvious, but some TV's only have 1 port that can do so reliably, despite all the promises made on the box.

EDIT: forgot to mention, try using certified hdmi cables, like the Monoprice Certified Premium High Speed HDMI Cable on amazon. Shorter the length the better.
I'm using the cables that came with the consoles, and I am pretty sure HDMI 1 has full 4K HDR support, and you just need to turn on Enhanced HDMI for ports 2 and 3 to get them as well.

kaiyo

Thank you for your recent order at BestBuy.ca! We just wanted to inform you that your pre-order item(s) is currently awaiting the release date. You will receive a Shipment Notice email as soon as inventory is ready.

My triple stack order =D

Omlagus

I'm using the cables that came with the consoles, and I am pretty sure HDMI 1 has full 4K HDR support, and you just need to turn on Enhanced HDMI for ports 2 and 3 to get them as well.

Ports 2 and 3 are the only ones that support HDR, which is why you need to turn on Enhanced for them as you note.

So if you have the Xbox in Port 1 you'll need to move it to 3. The Pro in 2 should be fine.

SirKhalid

The system is probably glitch and mixing up with a normal Mario Kart 8 copy at 79.99$.
I don't really want a Switch at full price and chance are slim that they will honor it but let try anyway.

tsundoku

its probably showing as in stock because they have the mario karts to send out so you're just getting put on a list for a switch and charged and sent the game

tsundoku

I ordered a Switch+MK8D from BB. I'm in Québec, do I have a chance at getting this?

You should know this better then we would. Your Province's laws state it has to be the advertised price right? They'll be happy to charge you the normally posted price for the switch when they get them in stock as advertised.
I don't really think it makes any difference if you get to the cart and it just says mario kart for the price of mario kart and brings up the switch again later when they're in stock.

I don't begrudge any of you or expect any of you would ever cancel an order you got in because "what if" "just incase" "could you imagine"

but this RFD tier garbage always burys legitimate deals and sales in the thread

like the fact the ps+ sale is only on for another 59 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom