• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

sh1fty

Has anyone who pre-ordered Destiny 2 (Bilingual) for $49.96 on Amazon tried to get their version switched to English, while maintaining the same price, through a Customer Service Rep?

My plan was to wait until August and then try. It's possible the "Bilingual" version comes with both English and French options and I'll be fine, but the fact that the Amazon description was all French has me worried. I'd make the argument that Bilingual means multiple languages and the PC / XBox versions were clearly marked (French).

In the end, if I have to play Destiny 2 in French I'll do it to save the $30 lol. It's an FPS so it won't completely ruin it.

Hey guys! I am moving out of my house tomorrow and heading to a temporary place, kind of a not so fun situation coming but I will have time to game. I just want to escape in a game, big time. My backlog is huge, I don't want to get too frustrated by the game and I want lots of content, mindlessly roaming around doing silly quest and seeing great places. Open to other styles, though. I am thinking Horizon. Does it sounds like the right choice? Quickly thinking I also have Breath of the Wild on Wii U but I have the Switch collector edition for my eventual switch. Also have Nier, Gravity Rush 2, Persona 5, last Deus Ex, FFXV, Titanfall 2, World of Final Fantasy, Rime, Stardew Valley, Valkyria Chronicles Remaster and probably forgetting a bunch and ignoring all my fighters.

My recommendation would be Stardew Valley (I haven't played Horizon). It's great for playing long stretches but you can also just squeeze in short bursts, would run fine on a laptop if you wanna bring it along after the move. Storyline has some feel-good, wholesome vibes. Definitely a great pick if you've ever liked Harvest Moon, Animal Crossing, or Rune Factory.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Fuck this, and fuck amiibos.
Like I told you, I'm so happy I went to the EB closest to me because they had 2 and not the second one I checked for you because they only got enough to cover preorders.

Thanks for the heads up! I never did get a pre-order for this one... Decided to get it on its own and blow my reward zone certs on it later...
Yeah that's what I did with the Switch pro controller at launch. I preordered it then did an instore "return" and bought it again with a $20 RZ cert. I've never done a return on something you pay shipping for, do they refund the shipping also?

Sober

I'm inside Woodside Square in Scarborough waiting at the EB for Twilight Princess Link. The EB clerk checked the stock for me and they only have 2 extra ones after preorders. I'm the only one here so if anyone is close they should get here quick. They open in 30 minutes.

AlphaTwo's a loser waiting outside in the rain at his EB.
LOL I just missed you, I came in around 10:45 or so to return a Dualshock 4

xanavi

Has anyone who pre-ordered Destiny 2 (Bilingual) for $49.96 on Amazon tried to get their version switched to English, while maintaining the same price, through a Customer Service Rep?

My plan was to wait until August and then try. It's possible the "Bilingual" version comes with both English and French options and I'll be fine, but the fact that the Amazon description was all French has me worried. I'd make the argument that Bilingual means multiple languages and the PC / XBox versions were clearly marked (French).

In the end, if I have to play Destiny 2 in French I'll do it to save the $30 lol. It's an FPS so it won't completely ruin it.

I bought the french taken king bundle on disc and it just used my system lang. I don't think the french versions are anything other than manuals???

N° 2048

There are people who hate this stuff but I find it to be so much fun. :lol

It's fun when you don't have work or anything to do on the ridiculous times they go live.

I'm hoping I can step away from work to place the order real quick @ 1pm.

ohlawd

lol I panicked for no reason

got charged full price for Ever Oasis from Best Buy. checked my status, no discount. turns out I forgot I preordered from BB last year when they had 25x rewardzone for their E3 deals

so if anyone else is confused about their order, there you go.

and I got charged this morning. RIP, can't play until Monday :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom