• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gitaroo

I was using safari on ipad. Dunno if that makes a difference. Also ordered ghost in the shell 4k bestbuy steelbook bluray with it for free shipping.

My Skyward Sword amiibo came in with the box damaged, and luckily I actually open these ones. But I like to keep my Smash ones in their box, and now I'm worried since I preordered all of the non-exclusives with Amazon. Should I be safe or should I pre-order everything again from somewhere else lol

Went to BestBuy today and I have a Majora's Mask Link preordered and the store didn't even get them in. The guy who worked there seemed clueless and there was about 8 other ravenous Amiibo hunting customers right at his desk in the games section.

I really hate dealing with BestBuy for anything preordered, I have not had one good experience with them and I've only used them for exclusives like 3-5 times. Nintendo really does hate Canadians making anything at BestBuy an exclusive, ugh.

espher

Bleh, hope MM Link (and P2 Cloud and TP Link, for that matter) come up again online/in-store down the road. These exclusive shenanigans are a pain in the ass. I have no doubt my SS Link will arrive in a bubble mailer, damaged, and I'll get to yell at Amazon for the Nth time since 2012 about how they keep limiting these items as collectibles but don't package/treat them as collectibles.

At least I got Bayo P2.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Today was a good day, I picked up one of only two TP Links at EB then I stopped at Walmart and picked up Sin & Punishment Wii for $10 and now I got Bayo P2 preordered. :)

No idea, all I care about is Bayo lol

Happy I never got into Amiibo.

Lucky. That said, I'm not THAT into amiibo. But I really like the FE, Splatoon and some of the Zelda line.... and that Bayo. Though I think I vastly prefer the P2 Bayo over the P1 Bayo and might be returning that one.

I know. NEED THAT CE! :(

I don't collect Amiibo anymore, but even that Metroid one is tempting me. love that squishy texture.

I don't know if it's a good or bad thing that the Metroid comes in a 2 pack with the Samus.

Will it sell out faster? Will there be more made than usual? The regular amount?

Lucky. That said, I'm not THAT into amiibo. But I really like the FE, Splatoon and some of the Zelda line.... and that Bayo. Though I think I vastly prefer the P2 Bayo over the P1 Bayo and might be returning that one.

Yeah, it's the same here.

I don't really use Amiibo or collect them, but I find it hard to resist the Splatoon ones (and now the Metroid set)

That reminds me, I really need to find an Inkling Sisters (Callie/Marie) set...

Sealtest

So how does the one per household work? Could myself and my father use both of our accounts and order a bayonetta for each of us going to the same address?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So how does the one per household work? Could myself and my father use both of our accounts and order a bayonetta for each of us going to the same address?
You can buy two in separate orders.

That's what I did, before cancelling my first once since I panicked and bought it before getting free shipping... but I assume I could have kept it if I wanted to.

Fuzzy

Aren't you guys happy that Amazon.ca didn't pull an Amazon.com and make their exclusive Amiibo Prime-only? :lol

Fuzzy

Grabbing Bayo P2. But lol, I think Best Buy got the least popular exclusive judging by its stock
MM Link lasted a long time also. BB is probably putting their entire stock online with nothing for stores like they did for MM Link.

chrono01

Have you seen the true CE Euro is getting.

Makes the one we're getting look very basic.
Oh man, I know. I want that steelbook. ;_;

As bare as our CE is, I still want it. I just hope somewhere in Canada offers it, it's kind of insane how we haven't received any yet. Canada IS still part of NA, isn't it?

Sad times.

I don't know if it's a good or bad thing that the Metroid comes in a 2 pack with the Samus.

Will it sell out faster? Will there be more made than usual? The regular amount?
It's a good question.

Honestly, it'll probably sell out instantly while we're all asleep anyway, as that's what tends to happen, haha. Here's hoping it doesn't come to that!

Nice! Even though I was late as heck to the news I was still able to grab a P2 (the best one) Bayo! Now we just need pre-orders for the Metroid Pack =*(

Fuzzy

Nice! Even though I was late as heck to the news I was still able to grab a P2 (the best one) Bayo! Now we just need pre-orders for the Metroid Pack =*(
Earlier today I posted that Canada probably wasn't getting Bayo P2 because it hadn't gone up yet and less than 10 minutes later it popped up on BB's site and they told us it would be available around 1pm ET. I don't think we're getting any of the new Amiibo revealed at E3 or the Metroid SE in Canada. Now we wait...

Kyolux

As I'm still debating to keep that switch BestBuy is supposed to ship me in the weeks to come.. How are you guys feeling about the hardware so far? Any cons to keep in mind?

Gitaroo

After seeing that EU LE for metroid, I think Im just gona stick to my standard edition with 20%E3 discount and use the extra cash for the amiibo if I can get them. NA CE looks like garbage compare to EU, should have been the standard first print edition for die hard fans.

As I'm still debating to keep that switch BestBuy is supposed to ship me in the weeks to come.. How are you guys feeling about the hardware so far? Any cons to keep in mind?

Sweet hardware. Games, meh. Can't wait for Mario Odyssey!

Played tons of Zelda, and now just a mix of Puyo and SF2.

IMO only Mario can justify the $500. Between Xb1 BC games and PS4's AAA output, it's hard to justify rare free time on the Switch.

Kyolux

IMO only Mario can justify the $500. Between Xb1 BC games and PS4's AAA output, it's hard to justify rare free time on the Switch.

I meant in terms of battery life for the joy cons and stuff like the screen durability. Not a fan of screen protectors. But wouldn't probably use much of the portable mode anyway.

Edit : Are the left joycon issues gone from new boxes? Or I'll have to send it in?

terrible

Banned

Speaking of Puyo, that game has the most generous demo I've ever seen. It's my #2 most played game behind Zelda probably and I don't even own the full version lol.

Best Buy Mario Kart/Switch Bundle Update

Got an email with an eReceipt for $451.99 charged to my credit card. Calling it in. Cancelling it all and returning the game. Those who got an outright cancellation got a deal in the end.

I got my switch on Monday and I'm meeting up with someone in a few hours to sell it, so keep that in mind while reading this, but...

While I enjoyed my little time with it, I don't think it quite has the legs just yet. The hardware is on the right track, but as a console overall, it's extremely barebones. (You'll want a screen protector, and good size battery pack if you plan on using it for more than 2.5 hours in portable mode)

In terms of software, Zelda is breathtaking and extremely impressive, but outside of that, there just aren't enough games out or coming out soon to justify the $461 (After Tax + Screen protector) price tag. If you are super interested in Zelda, Mario Kart & Odyssey, ARMS, AND Splatoon 2, it may be worth it right now for you. But if you're like me and prefer longer, single-player games, there's not enough there yet to justify the price of admission.

It looks like 2018/2019 will fill that gap with Metroid Prime 4, Shin Megami Tensei, Fire Emblem Switch, No More Heroes, etc., though, so if you're fine with getting one now knowing those won't be out for a while then sure, it's worth it in that case too.

Otherwise, I'd say it's probably safer to wait it out. Hardware & software issues will be fixed, and heck, there may even be a sale or two, or even a revision, before the games you want are out. (Depending on what you're into)

explodet

Anyone have their copy of Ever Oasis ship from Best Buy?
I'll be getting mine on Monday, looks like.

Also, I preordered last year when it was listed for $60, thinking the price would be automatically lowered when shipped. It wasn't, even though it's $50 on the website right now.

What's Best Buy's policy on price matching itself?

Elitist1945

Completed unrelated to gaming, but I'm looking at houses for rent and some say "first and lasts" and some don't. Is first and lasts always required, or is it just renter specific.

Kyolux

I got my switch on Monday and I'm meeting up with someone in a few hours to sell it, so keep that in mind while reading this, but...

While I enjoyed my little time with it, I don't think it quite has the legs just yet. The hardware is on the right track, but as a console overall, it's extremely barebones. Zelda is breathtaking and extremely impressive, but outside of that, there just aren't enough games out or coming out soon to justify the $461 (After Tax + Screen protector) price tag.

If you are super interested in Zelda, Mario Kart & Odyssey, ARMS, AND Splatoon 2, it may be worth it right now for you. But if you're like me and prefer longer, single-player games, there's not enough there yet to justify the price of admission.

It looks like 2018/2019 will fill that gap with Metroid Prime 4, Shin Megami Tensei, Fire Emblem Switch, No More Heroes, etc., though, so if you're fine with getting one now knowing those won't be out for a while then sure, it's worth it in that case too.

Otherwise, I'd say it's probably safer to wait it out. Hardware & software issues will be fixed, and heck, there may even be a sale or two, or even a revision, before the games you want are out. (Depending on what you're into)

Already did Zelda on Wii U so that's a pass. Same for MK8. Splatoon 2 I might consider though. But yeah odyssey and rabbids Mario are what got my attention for this year. MP4 next year.

Already did Zelda on Wii U so that's a pass. Same for MK8. Splatoon 2 I might consider though. But yeah odyssey and rabbids Mario are what got my attention for this year. MP4 next year.

I'd love for that to happen, but I'd swap that out with Fire Emblem. Unless they really surprise us, it looks like MP4 is going to take a little longer. (Early-Mid 2019 is my guess.)

Ventara

ohlawd might have had theirs ship, but it won't arrive today? Mine's still waiting, and the BB site says it's available for backorder. You're not alone.

I'll be getting mine on Monday, looks like.

Also, I preordered last year when it was listed for $60, thinking the price would be automatically lowered when shipped. It wasn't, even though it's $50 on the website right now.

What's Best Buy's policy on price matching itself?

Damn, was hoping to play it over the weekend.

Best Buy does price match itself (or price protect, is what they call it). Just bring it in within 30 days, and they'll refund you the difference. Not sure if you can do this online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom