• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ventara

So Tokyo Xanadu EX+ for PS4 is supposed to be $74.99 on Amazon.ca (it's $59.99 in the US) but shows a Prime discount of $51.99. Add the tax thing on top of that, and that sounds pretty sweet to me?

I haven't gone nuts with this, so far I've only edited orders I don't mind losing. I've re-ordered stuff that makes sense and left alone any orders with discounts that no longer exist (i.e. Walmart).

Seems they raised the price on this. It used to be $65, and it looks like the discount price still shows the old discount price.

jokkir

I just reordered some of the E3 stuff I bought like Prime 4, Kirby, etc.

Any other items that's not games probably to take advantage of it?

diaspora

I just reordered some of the E3 stuff I bought like Prime 4, Kirby, etc.

Any other items that's not games probably to take advantage of it?

Everything sold by Amazon.ca, i.e. I checked a laptop that was sold by a third party fulfilled by amazon versus one sold by Amazon and only the latter had no tax.

jokkir

Has anyone ever bought those portable photo printers? I was thinking of using it to sell my photos on the spot at convention or something (I'm a semi-pro/commercial photographer, I guess lol). Maybe I'll use the glitch on that.

Jashobeam

seems like some odd glitch going on with amazon, every preorder game i've tested on it doesn't add gst/hst to the total. wonder if it will stay that way. take advantage while you can folks!

edit: only tried with prime account, actually it seems to be working on every item@@

F6hSeZF.jpg

Seik

Banned
Alright then, I'll order Pokken, Mario, Kirby and Metroid. Hopefully they won't add the taxes once the 100$ placeholder price will be corrected.

Jashobeam

reordered Yakuza Kiwami and now the total is 32 lol

also good time to preorder those 99 switch games, especially if they adjust the price closer to release

Yeah but usually the error is on a price where taxes are still charged. I cant see them just not collecting tax unplanned site wide. That would be a nightmare for them.

Yeah the longer that this goes on the greater chance of it being reversed. It's been, what, almost three hours? For the entire store. And on RFD. Can only imagine how easily the $$$ here is adding up.

Kinda wish it would hurry up and be fixed then so they don't bother haha

Seik

Banned
Yeah but usually the error is on a price where taxes are still charged. I cant see them just not collecting tax unplanned site wide. That would be a nightmare for them.

If they honor it, I guess they'll just take the hit and pay the taxes themselves or sponge it off the price we're paying. It is true in my case that they always honor the grand total price in the invoice.

I never had that bug, but the double stack discount and I got ARMS for 55$ total so here's hoping.

EDIT: Oh. :(

Well I'm buying those for sure anyway so guess I'll keep those orders unless they fuck my Prime discount when they adjust the prices.

Seik

Banned
Fuuuuck I cancelled my Metroid: Samus Returns orderto reorder it and the price fucking went 10$ up since last time. Ends up paying more. ;_;

holyshit, thanks guys

no taxes on any of my orders, even that double e3 glitch discount!

Splatoon 2 for 47.99 no taxes, damn

How did you do that? Also, I wouldn't mess with those orders.

My FFXII amazon order with the double prime discount is still there even though I got that cancellation email ages back. I updated the shipping address for the order a few days ago and it discounted it even more, down to $0. I guess we'll see in a couple weeks! http://i.imgur.com/hQaPT9Y.png

I don't see why they would cancel orders instead of just adjusting them. They'd probably make a profit by quietly adding taxes back in on items people ordered with the expectations of not having to pay taxes.

Jashobeam

probably doesn't mean anything, but if you buy something from a 3rd party seller the tax does get applied, only seems to be affecting amazon items

edit: actually results seems to vary, like switch console adds taxes, but some other stuff i've tried doesn't

probably doesn't mean anything, but if you buy something from a 3rd party seller the tax does get applied, only seems to be affecting amazon items

edit: actually results seems to vary, like switch console adds taxes, but some other stuff i've tried doesn't

A lot of third party sellers just don't apply tax to begin with anyway. Might just be that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom