• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyolux

Shiiiiiiit that's amazing.

they're probably charging taxes for anything that's not shipping by next week aren't they?

I'm going to cry when they cancel everything. But I love to live dangerously!

Mimosa97

I'll have to change my adress again in the near future as I'm moving apartments so even if I do the trick on preordered games it will be canceled once I change my adress right?

I can't find a way to change my adress to pick up

Thinking of ordering a new CPU/RAM/motherboard, but ideally you want to buy all those things at once (especially with how finicky Ryzen is with RAM) and I have wildly varying delivery dates for everything. Might be too precarious to try for tax-free on all that. Ah well.

xanavi

It's likely only orders charged today will be tax-free. I still changed all of my orders and picked up an elite controller.

Applied this to Metroid: Samus Returns (Now $39.99), Metroid Prime 4 (Now $63.99), and The Art of Overwatch (Now $78.60).

Should I edit my info for my 40% Splatoon 2 Order?

I don't care if I lose the release date shipping too much (Don't have a Switch right now) but I want to keep the 40% off, obviously.

Thanks for the tip about the taxes, I've saved so much money from this thread lol. Its actually cheaper for me to get Splatoon 2 from amazon than walmart, but they already sent my noodles so if I cancel Splatoon 2 they are gonna charge me shipping on that.

SickBoy

Only in this thread can you ever expect to see "I'd rather buy the game (somewhere else), but Walmart already shipped my noodles."

(Post-office pickup FTW)

Mhee12Bee

aa01b48fcc.png

audentes Fortuna iuvat - "fortune favors the bold"

Ended up changing payment methods on all my preorders - all the discounts seem to be intact. I lost release day shipping on Splatoon 2 though - which kinda sucks.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
You don't need to change payment methods, just add a free gift note. In the few cases it won't let you do that you pick to change your shipping method and then just reconfirm whatever you already had selected.

Returners

You don't need to change payment methods, just add a free gift note. In the few cases it won't let you do that you pick to change your shipping method and then just reconfirm whatever you already had selected.

I lost release date delivery adding a free gift note on Splatoon 2. Doesn't work.

You know what, fuck Nintendo for the way they handled the 2nd wave of Zelda 30th anniversary amiibos. I was able to walk in on the 1st wave and get OOT (and could've gotten WW and the original if I wanted), whereas I couldn't walk in on this wave anywhere.

This exclusivity crap is bullshit.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
That means this glitch lasted at least 5 hours, that's longer than the double 20% off the weekend before E3.

F4r0_Atak

Managed to get Dragon Ball Fighter Z, Monster Hunter Wold and the Shadow of the Colossus remake before they fixed the tax glitch. Only failed when I tried to update my Ni No Kuni II order... :(

EDIT: If it does work, getting these at 63.99 is almost like having a 30% off on the list price.

That means this glitch lasted at least 5 hours, that's longer than the double 20% off the weekend before E3.

i woke up only a few minutes before they fixed it. i managed to get everything except one amiibo "adjusted". Phew!

Unless they cancel everything in the end, in which case: D'OH!

F4r0_Atak

i woke up only a few minutes before they fixed it. i managed to get everything except one amiibo "adjusted". Phew!

Unless they cancel everything in the end, in which case: D'OH!

Didn't bother to use this on the E3 50$ games... I was already saving 30$ off on these games.

It was a "scorched tax" policy on my orders. nothing was safe.

Same here - I really hope they don't cancel the orders or remove the 40% glitch on those E3 orders though.

I could see them re-applying tax and apologizing for the inconvenience with promo credit or something, but I really don't think they want the backlash that comes from mass canceling entire orders. (Especially right after E3)

I can't imagine they'll cancel orders now. Five hours worth of Amazon orders placed across the entire site is a lot (not to mention edited orders), and you can't just assume all those people knew about the glitch. That said, who knows what they'll do with pre-orders and orders that aren't shipping immediately.

I already have a pre-auth charge for some RAM I bought to be delivered tomorrow, and it has no tax. That said, I made the mistake of checking the price history of that RAM, and YIKES. I knew DDR4 RAM was going up in price but this is 1.5x the price at minimum. Wallet am cry :(

Ventara

Damn, I should have done things in the morning. Had to step out and was hoping I can still pick some stuff up with no tax when I came back. Anyways, I did adjust some orders I was planning to cancel, though I'll still probably cancel them eventually, lol.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Went tax free on $50 preorders, 40% discounts, amiibo, and even created a few new orders (Yoshi, Kirby, Metroid Prime 4, Dragonball FightersZ, Anthem).

I give no fucks.

Aww man, I just had to be asleep. Good few items that get pushed out of my budget by the tax. Ah well, nothing too important, thankfully.

Between this and the e3 glitch, we should really have a group twitter account that a couple people from here manage to specifically tweet about this time limited stuff, since I assume the Canada Deals twitter isn't willing to tweet about these, either because they don't seem completely above board, or that they don't want it to be ruined by its thousand of followers.

N° 2048

Aww man, I just had to be asleep. Good few items that get pushed out of my budget by the tax. Ah well, nothing too important, thankfully.

Between this and the e3 glitch, we should really have a group twitter account that a couple people from here manage to specifically tweet about this time limited stuff, since I assume the Canada Deals twitter isn't willing to tweet about these, either because they don't seem completely above board, or that they don't want it to be ruined by its thousand of followers.

Let's not become Red Flag Deals please.
Just this thread is ok :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom