• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fularu

Banned
Looks like my purchase preauthorization is without tax.

There's no way Amaozn honors glitched orders!

Oh wait...

So so far this year we've had :

- Glitched Lego City Undercover
- Glitched FF XII
- Glitched Guardian Amiibo
- Glitched BOTW Special Edition
- Glitched E3+Prime stacking
- Glitched Tax

So they've honored them all but for some strange reason, the tax one won't?

Edit : And E3 2014 the Xbox one was eligible for the 30% preorder discount, they also honored it, same with the 90$ Elite controller or the 200$ SE2 tournament sticks

Sylwest

My copy of Cave Story + shipped an hour ago at $31.99. At least I have that one.

I'm fine if my other orders get taxed since I was originally going to buy them with just the prime discounts anyway.

People on RFD are already reporting that they're being charged tax on orders that didn't previously have tax. Also, the tax error was WAY more widespread than any of the other glitches you mentioned.

farisr

There's no way Amaozn honors glitched orders!

Oh wait...

So so far this year we've had :

- Glitched Lego City Undercover
- Glitched FF XII
- Glitched Guardian Amiibo
- Glitched BOTW Special Edition
- Glitched E3+Prime stacking
- Glitched Tax

I think the reason for this is because they have it listed as "estimated tax" so they can get away with sending out "here are the updated details for your order" notifications and charging full tax on them. Of course stuff that has been charged already and shipped out, won't get tax charged after the fact.

JDH

Amazon cancelled a lot of people's glitched FFXII orders (mine included), so it's not entirely accurate they honour them always.

Fularu

Banned
People on RFD are already reporting that they're being charged tax on orders that didn't previously have tax. Also, the tax error was WAY more widespread than any of the other glitches you mentioned.

I think the reason for this is because they have it listed as "estimated tax" so they can get away with sending out "here are the updated details for your order" notifications and charging full tax on them. Of course stuff that has been charged already and shipped out, won't get tax charged after the fact.

Don't et me wrong, I'm fine beeing taxed, I'm expecting it to happen but I doubt they'll "catch them all".

Amazon cancelled a lot of people's glitched FFXII orders (mine included), so it's not entirely accurate they honour them always.

Likely only due to stock concerns as well. I doubt they could've possibly gotten their hands on enough steelbook edition stock to satisfy all the orders.

N° 2048

Would be interesting if Amazon takes this really serious because it's tax and you all get just tax charges down the line + email.

Don't et me wrong, I'm fine beeing taxed, I'm expecting it to happen but I doubt they'll "catch them all".

Oh. Well, that's different. Yeah, I'm sure some will sneak through.

Decided to cancel all the PC parts I ordered, I don't like fighting with Amazon reps. Hilariously, the one order I can no longer cancel is the RAM that has no tax on my credit card pre-auth. So I guess we'll see.

May the lord bless me fam

IAGdpOK.png

Fularu

Banned
Oh. Well, that's different. Yeah, I'm sure some will sneak through.

Decided to cancel all the PC parts I ordered, I don't like fighting with Amazon reps. Hilariously, the one order I can no longer cancel is the RAM that has no tax on my credit card pre-auth. So I guess we'll see.

Here's something weirder

I was charged for my Amiibo (that is due to ship today)... but was charged the pre tax amount, which never happens

I wonder how far reaching the glitch was because if it affected an order I didn't "upgrade" (I didn't touch my Amiibo), then it's prety weird

Kyolux

Likely only due to stock concerns as well. I doubt they could've possibly gotten their hands on enough steelbook edition stock to satisfy all the orders.

Yeah, considering some of us still have those orders (and a lot of them glitched down to $0 too).

edit: too late.

Fularu

Banned
During all the madness, I finally pulled the trigger and purchased a Pandora 4S

Can't wait!

(PS AliExpress is 9% cashback right now, so it's even better!)

Edit : first avatar quote ever for this avatar.. only took 5 years!

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
LMAO see guys this is why I can't change my avatar. You people won't let me!

Mimosa97

I was charged for the laptop I bought and a bunch of stuff for shaving that never go on sale. No taxes!

Saved like 150 bucks. Not bad.

Edit: shit I might have celebrated too early. i think I was charged taxes after all :(

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I was charged for the laptop I bought and a bunch of stuff for shaving that never go on sale. No taxes!

Edit: shit I might have celebrated too early. i think I was charged taxes after all :(

image.php

This shit way too crazy ay

Edit: Dammit nooooo!

Ventara

Does the tax show up on your Amazon invoice?

Mimosa97

Does the tax show up on your Amazon invoice?

No but let me explain why I think I'm screwed.The mastercard I used is from a shitty bank that doesn't let you see the pending charges on your credit card ... I have to calculate manually to know how much I was charged and when I do it the only way I can reach that amount is if I include taxes.

I'll be returning the items if I was charged taxes.

Oh well, I guess we gained to lose a few day 1 deliveries! All my Amiibo lost their delivery estimate, had to cancel one of my cheap RDR2 because it applied my promo credits without asking when I changed my card. Can't win em all, no try no cheaper stuff!

Ryne

Any suggestions on an andriod tablet? I am looking for a smaller one my girlfriend would bring with her. The nexus 7 she has is running low on memory and the nexus 9 she had needs an update.

Too bad Google doesn't make an affordable tablet anymore :(

Kyolux

Fucking hell is Skyrim VR really $80 x.x

Yeah. Way too expensive for a 6 year old game by the time it's out.

Day 1.

They're remaking the whole thing so that it works well in VR.

edit: Managed to cancel my Cave Story+ order even though it was charged and preparing for shipment.

Sealtest

Looking at my credit card today it would appear the charge for my Majora's Mask amiibo is gone from my card and the money is back on it. Is this happening to anyone else? ( My amiibo has already shipped )

It's not under pending either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom