• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

MercuryLS3

So, BestBuy sent me Mario Kart 8 and the amiibo which I returned, and then sent me the switch which arrived today. I haven't been charged for the Switch, and there's no pending charges on my CC. Did I just score a free switch?

Doubt it, they're probably late with charging you.

Do we still have nothing on the Metroid: Samus Returns CE?

Wonder if this is going to be another Gravity Rush physical edition where when they say "North America" they mean "United States" only.

bryt

Anyone preorder Crash from Walmart with a bunch of other games have them charge you yet?

Does Walmart ship as each game comes out or do they ship when all the games in an order are released?

Anyone in the gta (preferably the east end) know a good vet that's affordable and knowledgeable? My cat is peeing outside his box and I need to get him checked.

has this happened to other amazon credit card users before?

my bank sent a payment on the 15th, on chase online it shows the transaction date as the 16th and the "posted" date as 19th. now they've charged me interest. payment was due on the 18th.

seems like some bullllshit

After 6:00 pm most banks will post transactions as the next date then Chase receives the payment 2-3 days later. They acknowledge the day you sent the payment but take the one where they got the money in their hands for calculating days before interests or being late. What's for sure, my Amazon card can be slow at posting my payments.

farisr

Anyone preorder Crash from Walmart with a bunch of other games have them charge you yet?

Does Walmart ship as each game comes out or do they ship when all the games in an order are released?
Other folks have previously said they ship games as each one comes out.

(I hadn't read that and wasn't sure when I made my orders, so I made individual ones for each game just in case)

Megasoum

Banned
Soooooo.... I'm going to the Metallica concert in Montreal in 2 weeks and I just won a contest to upgrade my tickets to the Snake Pit.... This is fucking awesome but that means that I should probably buy a t-shirt now lol....

Any recommendation for online stores that ship quickly and sell band shirts?

I checked Amazon but the selection is not amazing

Iced

Soooooo.... I'm going to the Metallica concert in Montreal in 2 weeks and I just won a contest to upgrade my tickets to the Snake Pit.... This is fucking awesome but that means that I should probably buy a t-shirt now lol....

Mark's has a Master of Puppets shirt. I'll be wearing it to the Toronto concert in July:

https://www.marks.com/en/categories...-mop-t-shirt-100885.html#100885[color]=CHRHEA

i-Jest

Gap might be doing something with band shirts this year. Check online.

kevin1025

Banned
So, BestBuy sent me Mario Kart 8 and the amiibo which I returned, and then sent me the switch which arrived today. I haven't been charged for the Switch, and there's no pending charges on my CC. Did I just score a free switch?

I'm living vicariously through you. I hope you don't get charged, that's better than all the E3 goofs combined!

Lexxism

offtopic but i just noticed that TD bank stopped charging for using other ATMS. do other banks not charge a fee or was TD losing business?
They do but it would depend on what chequing account you are using. Same thing can be said on td. You are probably using a plan which doesn't cost any dime if you use non-td ATMs. They have two accounts which doesn't.

Bluenoser

I just want to vent about Amazon Prime/Canada Post.

So I just ordered an item from Amazon on Jun 26, and with my prime membership, my guaranteed delivery date was yesterday. Even though Canada post has received and processed the item in my city at 6am yesterday, they did not deliver it. Amazon isn't even sure they will deliver it today, and is saying it will be tomorrow, which will be 4 days from the order date.

Put simply, what the fuck is wrong with Canada Post? It seems like they simply deliver when they feel like it rather than when the contract requires them to. Amazon extended my prime for a month for the inconvenience, but what I really want is for shit to be delivered on time. Order after order, if the carrier is CP, the delivery is late.

Does this happen to others as well, or is it my location? (Halifax) Getting fucking sick of this- with UPS, Purolator, and Fed-Ex at their disposal, they use the absolute worst, CP.

/rant.

laroquo

I want to love AMAZON.ca. I really do. It has a lot of good things about it. But today it has royally failed me again. After many screw ups over the years, today all of my e3 preorders have been mysteriously canclled inclusing my crash order that was supposed to ship today. I called AMAZON which claimed there was a "problem" with my credit card (which I've used on amazon since and use daily with no issue) and that the system decided to cancel all orders. But feel free to reorder (minus the e3 price drops and discounts)

But I was thanked for being a Prime customer so at leasts there's that! :p

I want to love AMAZON.ca. I really do. It has a lot of good things about it. But today it has royally failed me again. After many screw ups over the years, today all of my e3 preorders have been mysteriously canclled inclusing my crash order that was supposed to ship today. I called AMAZON which claimed there was a "problem" with my credit card (which I've used on amazon since and use daily with no issue) and that the system decided to cancel all orders. But feel free to reorder (minus the e3 price drops and discounts)

Wow.

i-Jest

That is unfortunate.

I can definitely confirm that Amazon adjusting the price by pennies on products preordered during the no-tax glitch adds back the tax.

If Amazon actually notices this they could just adjust everything by a penny to reinstate the lost taxes on preorders.

iphys

So I just ordered an item from Amazon on Jun 26, and with my prime membership, my guaranteed delivery date was yesterday. Even though Canada post has received and processed the item in my city at 6am yesterday, they did not deliver it. Amazon isn't even sure they will deliver it today, and is saying it will be tomorrow, which will be 4 days from the order date.

Put simply, what the fuck is wrong with Canada Post? It seems like they simply deliver when they feel like it rather than when the contract requires them to. Amazon extended my prime for a month for the inconvenience, but what I really want is for shit to be delivered on time. Order after order, if the carrier is CP, the delivery is late.

Does this happen to others as well, or is it my location? (Halifax) Getting fucking sick of this- with UPS, Purolator, and Fed-Ex at their disposal, they use the absolute worst, CP.

/rant.

One of my friends on facebook is filled with glee every time they're late because of the extra free month of prime. Have you tried shipping to your local post office to see if they're any quicker about delivering? I've been shipping to my post office if only to make sure they don't use some other company with less convenient pickup locations and then being stuck at home all day every time a package is out for delivery.

DownLoad

/rant.

This probably won't make you feel better... But there's always worse my friend... When they first started using Intelcom for me, they were fucking incompetent.
- Status of "Delivered" when it never was, aka lost packages
- Told to pick it up, confirmed their office hours. Arrived to a closed office
- Called me telling me they left my new headphones laying beside my parking stall's block (which is outside)
- Delivered a package once and gave me lip when I asked him why it took so long (2 days late by that point) and the guy just told me "I found your package in my car this morning and I was in the neighbourhood! I thought I'd just do you a favor!"

Probably more I've just blocked out of memory... Luckily they aren't as bad as long as I choose to ship to my office instead of my home... With that said I still wish they went back to Canada Post haha.

firelogic

This probably won't make you feel better... But there's always worse my friend... When they first started using Intelcom for me, they were fucking incompetent.
- Called me telling me they left my new headphones laying beside my parking stall's block (which is outside)
- Delivered a package once and gave me lip when I asked him why it took so long (2 days late by that point) and the guy just told me "I found your package in my car this morning and I was in the neighbourhood! I thought I'd just do you a favor!"

Probably more I've just blocked out of memory... Luckily they aren't as bad as long as I choose to ship to my office instead of my home... With that said I still wish they went back to Canada Post haha.

Damn that's horrible! Are there specific areas that Intelcom delivers to? I ask because I've only had Canada Post most of the time and Amazon delivery sometimes. I hope I never have to deal with Intelcom.

I can definitely confirm that Amazon adjusting the price by pennies on products preordered during the no-tax glitch adds back the tax.

If Amazon actually notices this they could just adjust everything by a penny to reinstate the lost taxes on preorders.

Yep. Checking my orders. Lego Marvel 2, Splatoon, and Crash all dropped by 3 cents and the taxes were re-applied.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.

Talk to someone else, someone there will give you back your discounts. Amazon has never failed me at customer service.

Murdamonk

So glad that I never had problems with Amazon. I much prefer Intelcom to Canada Post. They deliver even on the weekend and had never been late compare to Canada Post. Maybe the fact that order stuff almost daily helps out. (Always the same driver from Intelcom delivering my package).

I guess it is a case of "YMMV".

It seems that this is most likely what will happen. If prime day happens and still there is no pre-order we can safely assume there won't be any pre-orders and it will be a battle royale launch day booth bath edition.

As opposed to the battle royale pre-order window bloodbath edition we're going to get if there are pre-orders.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
So my credit card has been cancelled, and I'll get a new one in the coming days... Are my Walmart preorders doomed, or has anyone managed to get them to change payment info AND keep the discounts? I'd be sad to lose my $50 Mario Odyssey...

eyesradar

I guess Intelcom is very YMMV. My local Intelcom dude is very careful and chill. Always hides my stuff too. Guess I won the Intelcom jackpot.

DownLoad

Damn that's horrible! Are there specific areas that Intelcom delivers to? I ask because I've only had Canada Post most of the time and Amazon delivery sometimes. I hope I never have to deal with Intelcom.

I live in Calgary. The issues I noted were all when I ordered to my home in the NW.

However now that I deliver to my work, which is in the SW, it seems a little better... They're still damn slow. Sometimes I get a notification saying they're out for delivery at 10AM, but they don't arrive at my office until 6PM+ (and I'm not there and the office is closed)

It seems like all, or most of Calgary (at least from talking to friends around the city) is now Intelcom. At least with two or one day shipping options that I use with Amazon.

So glad that I never had problems with Amazon. I much prefer Intelcom to Canada Post. They deliver even on the weekend and had never been late compare to Canada Post. Maybe the fact that order stuff almost daily helps out. (Always the same driver from Intelcom delivering my package).

I guess it is a case of "YMMV".

Yup it's definitely YMMV. Like I've said, I've seen some improvements getting them to ship to my work office (either different people delivering in the area, or they see "Corp." in the delivery address and know not to fuck up). But they're definitely still unreliable, slow and unprofessional (in my areas).

As for Canada Post, they were always fast for me, but that was most likely cause I lived across the street from a post (also helps I could walk over and pick it up from them if I missed them). And it was nice cause they could actually get into my condo building, so they could actually put packages in the building and not outside.

Do you mind me asking whereabouts you live? I'm curious to see Intelcom delivery be so much different. Since everyone I talk to in Calgary has only had bad experiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom