• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northcott

Neo Member
Soooooo.... I'm going to the Metallica concert in Montreal in 2 weeks and I just won a contest to upgrade my tickets to the Snake Pit.... This is fucking awesome but that means that I should probably buy a t-shirt now lol....

Any recommendation for online stores that ship quickly and sell band shirts?

I checked Amazon but the selection is not amazing

Buy a shirt at the show and wear it.

BTails

It seems like all, or most of Calgary (at least from talking to friends around the city) is now Intelcom. At least with two or one day shipping options that I use with Amazon.

Calgary here (SW) and I have a great Intelcom driver. He usually comes later in the afternoon, but I get everything 2 day shipped with Prime, and nothing really ever misses it's delivery window. I've also had stuff delivered on Saturday and Sunday from Intelcom.

He'll get us to sign if we're home, otherwise he'll just leave any packages at the front door/in the mailbox. Chill guy, no complaints.

BonnaPooah

Neo Member
Has anyone had luck with canceling Wal-Mart orders? My Crash won't be arriving tomorrow, and can't trust them to send me other games for release date.

DownLoad

Calgary here (SW) and I have a great Intelcom driver. He usually comes later in the afternoon, but I get everything 2 day shipped with Prime, and nothing really ever misses it's delivery window. I've also had stuff delivered on Saturday and Sunday from Intelcom.

He'll get us to sign if we're home, otherwise he'll just leave any packages at the front door/in the mailbox. Chill guy, no complaints.

Yeah my office is in SW and it's usually pretty good. However getting the packages in the late afternoon is pretty annoying for me cause my work hours end at around 4PM. So anything 4PM and later won't get delivered since I'm not at the office and it's closed.

But I'd rather have that than risk the guy in charge of my NW home area. Just sucks I miss out on the weekend deliveries.

BadHand

Has anyone had luck with canceling Wal-Mart orders? My Crash won't be arriving tomorrow, and can't trust them to send me other games for release date.

They'll cancel it, then send it and charge you anyway. One of the reasons I never, ever pre-order games at Walmart anymore.

Lexxism

So my credit card has been cancelled, and I'll get a new one in the coming days... Are my Walmart preorders doomed, or has anyone managed to get them to change payment info AND keep the discounts? I'd be sad to lose my $50 Mario Odyssey...
No. Just give them a call that you want to change your payment method.

Cru Jones

So Amazon is slowly killing the no tax glitch. Games that I've pre-ordered (even e3 and prime stacking glitch) have been updated. It seems that tax gets added back as they change the full price from $79.99 to $79.96.

So Amazon is slowly killing the no tax glitch. Games that I've pre-ordered (even e3 and prime stacking glitch) have been updated. It seems that tax gets added back as they change the full price from $79.99 to $79.96.

Yeah, Ratchet and Clank was just shipped and taxes were applied :(

Honestly, you were probably never going to get no tax on those orders anyway. Everything points to Amazon.ca suffering a glitch where anything CHARGED during that five-hour window on Saturday morning missed the tax. Anything charged outside of that window still got taxed even if the order summary didn't reflect it. That would mean everyone's pre-orders would eventually update to have tax applied, even if they never fixed the display glitch.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

Yeah the no tax thing is dead.

I got charged for Crash, tax included.

farisr

Anyone's order for Crash ship from wal-mart yet?

Also, I suspected the no tax thing wouldn't pan out simply due to that part of the order always being an "estimate". Which is why I didn't update my spreadsheet with the updated prices.

True Fire

I wonder if there will be one or two games that slip through the cracks? I changed about 20 preorders haha

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Well that's a rare occurrence these days for me Crash arrived a day early, and of course it's not even mine.

Lucky you. I never get stuff early.

I guess Amazon knows it takes a day for my stuff to arrive which is why they always send it out a day before.

LowRoller

Anyone's order for Crash ship from wal-mart yet?

Also, I suspected the no tax thing wouldn't pan out simply due to that part of the order always being an "estimate". Which is why I didn't update my spreadsheet with the updated prices.
Mine hasnt shipped. Don't think we're getting it on release day

For the really desperate (like myself) Super Nintendo classic is available on this french site

http://jeux-video.fnac.com/Console-Nintendo-Classic-Mini-Super-Nintendo/a10522708/w-4?omnsearchpos=1

According to frenchGAF these guys are reliable, I ended up paying 140$CAD but it took my address (and my money)

Will try to score an american version but this will at least make it less stressing now.

Fnac is basically our BestBuy.

They're as good and safe as it gets.

Savitar

I'm fairly confident that I'll be able to get a SNES without resorting to ordering from another country which is bound to be more expensive, may or may not be in my language and need a different plug.

I'm fairly confident that I'll be able to get a SNES without resorting to ordering from another country which is bound to be more expensive, may or may not be in my language and need a different plug.

European version has the american ROMs there is no weird PAL/SECAM/50MHZ incompatibility of yesteryear. You select the language on the console menu and you are good to go.

I thought we dont get preorders for the classic minis because its considered a toy and not a console

Untrue?
We get pre-orders for actual toys, like amiibos and the Mario x Rabbids figurines, so I don't see why the SNES should be any different.

Retailers probably just don't want to put it up for pre-order until they know for sure how much stock to expect.

tiijj

Thanks. Hate to ask as I know it's half the discussion right now, just curious as it had been a few days. Is it strange that so many Europe regions have had orders go live but we have zero word on NA?

Japan doesn't have anything as well so it's not as strange. Beside there's still 3 months until release and they just announced it 2-3 days ago.

Reggie's probably busy getting ready for his new skit with Bill for the next direct, they don't have time to talk to the retailers. :D

Yoss

Neo Member
I live in Calgary. The issues I noted were all when I ordered to my home in the NW.

However now that I deliver to my work, which is in the SW, it seems a little better... They're still damn slow. Sometimes I get a notification saying they're out for delivery at 10AM, but they don't arrive at my office until 6PM+ (and I'm not there and the office is closed)

It seems like all, or most of Calgary (at least from talking to friends around the city) is now Intelcom. At least with two or one day shipping options that I use with Amazon.

Yup it's definitely YMMV. Like I've said, I've seen some improvements getting them to ship to my work office (either different people delivering in the area, or they see "Corp." in the delivery address and know not to fuck up). But they're definitely still unreliable, slow and unprofessional (in my areas).

As for Canada Post, they were always fast for me, but that was most likely cause I lived across the street from a post (also helps I could walk over and pick it up from them if I missed them). And it was nice cause they could actually get into my condo building, so they could actually put packages in the building and not outside.

Do you mind me asking whereabouts you live? I'm curious to see Intelcom delivery be so much different. Since everyone I talk to in Calgary has only had bad experiences.

I live in downtown Calgary and Amazon has been pretty good for me. I'm in an apartment and when they don't need a signature they just leave my package at my door, packages that need signatures are ready to be picked up at my post office that same day. Not sure which company is actually making the deliveries though.

What the hell, I have Amazon Prime, have 2-day priority shipping, says it's going to ship today and come tomorrow and it still hasn't shipped..

I don't have the luxury to play games as often due to a lot of work lately and it will really suck if I miss out on this long weekend because Amazon didn't ship on time... Almost tempted to cancel it and buy it on PSN, but I fear the Paypal nonsense that happened today. I also don't want to pay an additional near 20 bucks for going retail.

This is just super frustrating...

What the hell, I have Amazon Prime, have 2-day priority shipping, says it's going to ship today and come tomorrow and it still hasn't shipped..

I don't have the luxury to play games as often due to a lot of work lately and it will really suck if I miss out on this long weekend because Amazon didn't ship on time... Almost tempted to cancel it and buy it on PSN, but I fear the Paypal nonsense that happened today. I also don't want to pay an additional near 20 bucks for going retail.

Taking about Crash?

Same thing here. Although I do remember a similar situation that happened to me before where a game started shipping and got delivered on launch day.

But that's up to luck I guess

Taking about Crash?

Same thing here. Although I do remember a similar situation that happened to me before where a game started shipping and got delivered on launch day.

But that's up to luck I guess

Yeah it's about Crash. I'm almost tempted to just say screw the discount but I wouldn't go retail elsewhere and Psn is having their dumb nonsense right now with Paypal.

Same thing happened with me and Tekken 7 and sort of regret it. Ended up just saying screw the $20 discount and bought it retail. This is why Friday release dates are dumb as hell.

Hopefully we have ours shipped.

Best wishes.

Tapejara

In my experience with Prime, Amazon almost always ships the night of and the game(s) still makes it on time the next day. I don't know how much you use Amazon/Prime for day one releases, but typically in this case they use their own courier service rather than Canada Post. Edit: just saw your second post. Hopefully Amazon comes through this time!

Mikey Jr.

Fuck, Amazon just shipped Crash Bandicoot.

Forgot I added a bunch of games during E3 and I forgot to take it off.

Damn, lol.

Bronetta

Does anyone know if it's possible to change the address on walmart pre orders?

Try calling and see if they do it over the phone.

Let us know how it goes. Im curious since my CC expires in September.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom