• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

killroy87

Been saying this for years. Absolutely can't stand them.

Yeah, I'd agree with that. At least in my area, their pickup spots are really few and far between, with poor hours. And whenever I pick something up, I need to wait for them to like fill out a bunch of information in a ledger and then I have to put in my name and signature. It's not 1995, just scan the fucking shit.

ohlawd

This was brought up on Discord, but there are some nice anime deals on Amazon right now. Nothing as crazy as the Prime Day glitch, but great nonetheless. Even if you hate moe/fanservice-y, there's still a great selection.

Standouts to me are

Death Note Complete - $25 (or the Omega edition for $33)
Nichijou - $36
Steins;Gate Complete - $26

There's Cowboy Bepop too for $30, but I think this one's been cheaper before.
other good stuff imo

Both seasons of Spice and Wolf for $26 sounds pretty good. it's like a dollar an episode.
Same with Samurai Champloo at $28
Accel World Part 1 and Part 2 for $36 is pricier than the others. I don't go out of my way to watch these VR shows but I enjoyed this one
Attack on Titan season 1 for $30. Enjoyed this one too, don't understand the hateboner. Season 3 H Y P E.
Claymore for $26. The ending deviates from the manga but the first 1-20 (?) episodes are solid

chrono01

This was brought up on Discord, but there are some nice anime deals on Amazon right now. Nothing as crazy as the Prime Day glitch, but great nonetheless. Even if you hate moe/fanservice-y, there's still a great selection.

Standouts to me are

Death Note Complete - $25 (or the Omega edition for $33)
Nichijou - $36
Steins;Gate Complete - $26

There's Cowboy Bepop too for $30, but I think this one's been cheaper before.
Thanks, ordered the Death Note Omega Edition for $33! Not bad, been wanting to pick this up for a while now. Already own Steins;Gate, so no need for that one.

Seik

Banned
Why the fuck is the Switch version of Axiom Verge 54.99$ on Amazon.

I get the priceholder price and all, but I thought the price was set already? The game is out in a month ffs.

Naite

Guess it's time for me to start using Amazon pickup locations. Intelcom said my package was delivered last Friday and they didn't show up when I was home all day. Customer service gave me a refund. Then I asked if I can reorder and give them an order #, could they make sure it was shipped by Canada Post. But then the CS rep offered to waive my shipping fees, but I'm already an Amazon Prime member and get free one day shipping. For some reason that didn't get to the CS rep's thick skull and they kept offering me to remove the shipping charges and make my order...

Guess it's time for me to start using Amazon pickup locations. Intelcom said my package was delivered last Friday and they didn't show up when I was home all day. Customer service gave me a refund. Then I asked if I can reorder and give them an order #, could they make sure it was shipped by Canada Post. But then the CS rep offered to waive my shipping fees, but I'm already an Amazon Prime member and get free one day shipping. For some reason that didn't get to the CS rep's thick skull and they kept offering me to remove the shipping charges and make my order...

Not your delivery company, but i had the same with another service. Randomly, Package arrived 3 days late at like 8:30pm in the dead of winter. No knock, nothing.

MDSLKTR

I get the priceholder price and all, but I thought the price was set already? The game is out in a month ffs.
That's the price you get for playing the best version!

paid 8$ on Psn and that was also cross buy

Clive

It's something you can expect for most budget-priced games this generation. Switch carts are supposedly significantly more costly for publishers than Blu-rays are. Rime, Sine Mora EX and this one are all $10 (USD) more. Sometimes publishers throw in something extra like a soundtrack CD but not really enough to justify the price increase in my personal opinion.

https://gonintendo.com/stories/2820...erse-edition-will-be-10-more-expensive-on-swi

You're lucky. They kept charging me over and over again. It's like they wanted to see if they could hit my credit limit lol
They did a bunch of pending charges throughout the month, but then the game released and now there's no posted transactions (or pending) to be seen. My Splatoon amiibos, which released and arrived on the same day as the game, got posted though. Can't wait to go through this again in October..

ElNino

Yeah, I'd agree with that. At least in my area, their pickup spots are really few and far between, with poor hours. And whenever I pick something up, I need to wait for them to like fill out a bunch of information in a ledger and then I have to put in my name and signature. It's not 1995, just scan the fucking shit.
I guess I'm lucky then because besides Canada Post, they have been the best option for me. They always come around noon for delivery so it's easy to plan around, and the depot is much closer than FedEx or UPS for me. They've also never had me wait very long to pickup.

UPS has been okay for me as well, but they almost always safe drop whatever they are shipping, even if it shouldn't be. Nothing has been stolen thus far, but I've had a few expensive deliveries left at the door when no one was home (phones, laptops, etc).

They did a bunch of pending charges throughout the month, but then the game released and now there's no posted transactions (or pending) to be seen. My Splatoon amiibos, which released and arrived on the same day as the game, got posted though. Can't wait to go through this again in October..

you can probably cancel super mario odyssey still, just give them a call or go through facebook

Blam

Another update I don't know if Account Reps or Social Media guys work on cases on Weekends but I'm giving them until monday for a response since I have yet to get one from the social media team or my original email I sent out.

I'll tweet at them again some time today to see if they can give me an update on this shit but I'm pretty sure amazon is trying to make me drop this.

So another update. Seems like the twitter has also pretty much denied to help me as well. Since when I lost my account they only took 1 hour to fix this, but this time around it's been a few days. I'm not exactly sure where else I'm going to go to fix this unless I'm gettin a call from Jeff Bezos himself I'm not sure.

peter064

Neo Member
The BestBuy on Hightech road in richmond hill is selling splatoon 2 for $69.99. It is not advertised on the website and only in store. This is just a heads up for anyone wanting and looking to save $10 right away. As always ymmv.

jokkir

Are there any good deals for good external HDD's? One that doesn't need an external power source. My 1TB one is getting full finally and was thinking of getting a 4TB one to last me a while.

Iced

Walmart still hasn't charged me for me Splatoon 2. There's going to be a random $54 charge on my card next month, and I'm going to be so confused.

Same, although there was a pending charge that was there for a couple of weeks before the game released which has since gone away.

Edit: Actually nope, the charge it there now. It was just posted today.

acsn

Is anyone else unable to get the 20% discount on Splatoon 2? It only came out on Friday so it should still be eligible.

Is anyone else unable to get the 20% discount on Splatoon 2? It only came out on Friday so it should still be eligible.

There's been some talk that the two weeks part may have been discontinued and only preorders are eligible. I don't know how true that is though -- Amazon's pages are so vague. Maybe give CS a try.

acsn

There's been some talk that the two weeks part may have been discontinued and only preorders are eligible. I don't know how true that is though -- Amazon's pages are so vague. Maybe give CS a try.

I emailed CS and got a response back pretty quickly that basically said they'll pass it along and I should hear back their promotion team within 12-24 hours. So I waited and got another email that said :

"Here are our customer service phone numbers:

Canada: 1-877-586-3230
International: 1-206-266-2882

We're available 24/7.

You can also reach us by e-mail, chat or phone by clicking on this link:
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/help/contact-us"

Yeah I know I can email you, that's hows this started but you didn't give me an answer...

My Cloud and Splatoon Amiibo from Amazon said shipping July 28th - Aug 4th then out of nowhere I get a UPS alert that they are to be delivered tomorrow, I've always gotten Amazon stuff via Canada Post seemed random as heck?!

iphys

My Cloud and Splatoon Amiibo from Amazon said shipping July 28th - Aug 4th then out of nowhere I get a UPS alert that they are to be delivered tomorrow, I've always gotten Amazon stuff via Canada Post seemed random as heck?!

More and more I've had them use other carriers, which is why I always try to do ship to post office now so I'm not held hostage waiting for the delivery or having to travel so far out of my way to pick up the package that it defeats the purpose of shopping online.

More and more I've had them use other carriers, which is why I always try to do ship to post office now so I'm not held hostage waiting for the delivery or having to travel so far out of my way to pick up the package that it defeats the purpose of shopping online.

Yeah good point, I should do that too for future orders, the Fed Ex moved from Whitby to Markham, and Purolator is in Pickering, when I miss stuff I get stuck going all over the place now =S

Lexxism

Yeah that Rocket League price is a real headscratcher since the developers themselves confirmed that the price will be $20 USD.
I still can't believe it is 59.99. It should be 30 at most or $25. I'll gladly buy this on Amazon.com if they kept the price or just on the US eshop. Fuck them

Oh god. How much is Overcooked? That's the one I'm looking forward to this week.
|

Overcooked is going to be $26.79 on the eshop. That's double what I paid on ps4 a few weeks ago for the game plus all dlc, but it is only a few bucks more than the regular price of the game plus all dlc.on ps4. ($16.99 plus $6.99) so pretty close to the price on other consoles, but it's also on sale a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom