• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNineties

For those looking at preordering the Samus Edition 3DS XL, I just got off the phone with the manager of my local store (Downtown Toronto) and she said the sku for the console exists in their system but it will not open for preorder until Nintendo confirms to them their per store allotments. Keep trying folks!

Indelible

DEAL - EB Games - August 11-13

Get $50 when you trade in a Dualshock 4.

Get $30 for a PS3 controller.

Might be a good time to get rid of any old controllers you have lying around.

Thanks for this, I have some beat up ps3 controllers that I will never use again.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Hm, it specifically says Dualshock so I guess I can't trade in my SIXAXIS.

Doesn't hurt to try. If they refuse just say you didnt know.

you'll miss out out on the analog buttons of DS3 though, some games used the pressure sensitivity like Metal Gear Solid and Gran Turismo.

Fair enough but I already sold the MGS Legacy Collection and never been into GT. I doubt Ill ever go back to PS3 either, already have plenty to keep me busy on PS4/Switch.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
What does "trade credit" mean? Simply store credit from trading in games/accessories?

Er yeah, store credit. You can buy anything in store right away or put it towards a preorder to save tax.

You could also put it on a gift card but then you'll be charged tax when you spend it.

Mikey Jr.

Tried trading in my old ps4 with controller. Wouldn't take the controller because the rubber has worn away.

What are my options?

Bronetta

As much as I hate going to EB, that is an easy 80$ in Steam Credits lol

Or $90 (assuming 13% ON tax) if you spend it on something which would charge tax :)

This is why Ive stopped spending trade credit on Steam/PSN/eshop cards altho if theres nothing else you want from them its an easy way to cash out.

Ventara

Maaaaaaan, I reaaaaally regret trading in those 4 PS3 controllers for $9 each, hahaha.... *cries*

jayu26

I have a dualshock 3 with fucked up left stick. I mean you can't tell just by looking at or even using it mildly buy if you keep using it the top rubber part starts spinning. I will see if they will notice that.

EB is shipping my Switch through Purolator...

qYjgPJL.jpg

Mikey Jr.

They only use them afaik.

No.

I've had my stuff sent through Canada Post.

God tier shipping is there own service. I live like 20 min away from one of the centres, so I always get stuff the next day even with free shipping.

EB is shipping my Switch through Purolator...

Could you tell me where it gets shipped from? If its BC, then it'll be like a week.

If its Ontario, it'll be like next day for me.

Also lol.

I find shipping talk oddly interesting sometimes due to local preferences. For me, purolator has always been god-tier, having stuff ready to be picked up day of release, never lost a package, super friendly, etc. UPS has lost things for me a few times and their store hours suck. Canada Post is slow as hell and can never find my package because their backroom is a mess. But Intelcom? They're literally the devil.

Savitar

That 150Mbit deal Shaw has going is pretty sweet. If anyone is considering it i'm satisfied, especially since Telus could only offer me 50Mbit for double the price, and with a data cap.

Geez I wish I could get something like that, at this point you can easily do about 170 MB more than I can on my best day with my service. More easily enough on a regular day.

This is interesting because it means that there "could" be sales on this stuff eventually. In the US, Amazon frequently matches Steam / PSN sales, etc. I was wondering what was taking Canadian retailers so long...
Yeah, hopefully we will see some good sales. I don't like buying games digitally, but would love to see some sales on XBL Gold or season passes.

If only we could apply Reward Zone points to online purchases!

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Mafia 3 is 29.96 amazon and walmart was wondering if best buy does price matches? Also i have best buy gift cards so the game would be free tech however what are your suggestions, i heard it has a great story and cutscenes but the gameplay id a lil lack luster from doing the sameish thing. My next pixk
Up will be horizon when it goes on sale but was thinking of playing this in the mean time, any auggestions gaf?

Ventara

Mafia 3 is 29.96 amazon and walmart was wondering if best buy does price matches? Also i have best buy gift cards so the game would be free tech however what are your suggestions, i heard it has a great story and cutscenes but the gameplay id a lil lack luster from doing the sameish thing. My next pixk
Up will be horizon when it goes on sale but was thinking of playing this in the mean time, any auggestions gaf?

Yes, Best Buy price matches. Heard both good and bad things about Mafia 3, but I haven't played it myself, so I can't really comment on it. Will definitely buy once it hits $20, though. I really enjoyed Mafia 2.

chrono01

Ni no Kuni II"s CE is now sold out on Amazon.

I'm not even sure why I pre-ordered it, as it's way too expensive. Maybe there will be a pricing error between now and release, that's what I'm hoping for!

I just wish they'd add that Prime discount to the Premium Edition. Amazon.com had it right away, but of course, Amazon.ca is trailing (yet again) in that regard.

True Fire

Ni no Kuni 2's prime discount is working now on the Premium version. Nabbed it so quickly.

Mind you, they don't call it Ni no Kuni II, so search "Ni No Kuni: Revenant Kingdom Premium Edition PS4"

c-murph

Ni no Kuni 2's prime discount is working now on the Premium version. Nabbed it so quickly.

Mind you, they don't call it Ni no Kuni II, so search "Ni No Kuni: Revenant Kingdom Premium Edition PS4"

Mine didn't have Prime Discount when I bought it... CS here I come!

Tapejara

The only problem with Mafia 3 is its repetitive mission structure. It plays great, both in terms of on foot controls, gunplay, and driving. Also, the story is really fuckin' good. But by the end of the game (it's pretty long) you'll no doubt feel burnt out by how repetitive it can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom