• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socreges

Banned
Yes. They also sell digital Switch games which you're better off getting because its taxfree whereas the eshop charges tax. Dont know if they'd have digital Isaac but I bought digital codes for Snipperclips and the BotW season pass from EB.

It comes with a warranty plus I bet a lot of the busted ones get refurbished before going back up for sale.
Thanks, Bronetta!

krae_man

Which deal? I saw one on .com, was there a .CA bundle on sale as well?

the .com one would ship to Canada so it's probably just that.

Walmart had the core headset for $400 Canadian so there's been some opportunity to buy the core headset cheap if you were looking.

SickBoy

the .com one would ship to Canada so it's probably just that.

Walmart had the core headset for $400 Canadian so there's been some opportunity to buy the core headset cheap if you were looking.

I actually posted about that when I saw it last week. I have a core unit sitting in my closet with the receipt. Grappling over whether I can actually justify it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Superbeat Xonic keeps dropping in price for some reason on Amazon. It's 30.46.

Even if I might get the Switch version later, I am close to biting.

Lexxism

Yes. They also sell digital Switch games which you're better off getting because its taxfree whereas the eshop charges tax. Dont know if they'd have digital Isaac but I bought digital codes for Snipperclips and the BotW season pass from EB.
How much did it cost you for snipperclips? $25?

Is 999 a good deal for the evga 1080ti ftw3? I'm on the fence right now about buying this especially considering I already bought destiny 2 from Walmart and there seems to be no way to cancel the order till it ships.

http://m.canadacomputers.com/mobile/itemid/105618

By Canadian standards that about as good a price as I've ever seen for a non-reference 1080ti.

Edit: Poking around now there's definitely some others in the $970 - 1000 range right now. Still a pretty good deal based on price history.

I'm assuming EB won't accept a Dualshock 4 that's missing the rubber on one of the sticks?

I traded in two of my launch DS4s today for the newer DS4 models. One of them had rubber starting to break (the other had a squishy R2), and they told me that it was fine as long as the rubber wasn't entirely gone. I was told that they're sent off to be refurbished.

Of course, YMMV.

Ah! But Bomberman was originally shrink wrapped, but not long after I found proper ones at The Source and later EB. Check again if you've held back on it because of that. :)

Dude, I have a touch of OCD, but....why would you hold back on games because of that? Don't you open them, rendering the shrink wrap style moot instantly? If you know others got the same shrink wrap, you know the store didn't open it and reseal it if that's the worry. Or is there some other concern I'm missing?

Lexxism

Not a bad deal. @EB Games. Aug 11 to 13 only
20727889_10155414648855999_5308463508604491187_n.png
Time to trade my old ass DS4.

I wonder if my controller with a tear on one stick with be worth anything. Probably not.

Hopefully I can at least find my unused ps3 controllers soon.

They accepted one of my controllers with a tear on one stick. Just pressed a few buttons and jiggled the analog stick a little. Your mileage may vary though.

My Sonic Mania CE hadn't shipped yet despite Amazon saying it was going to ship yesterday:

Support response:
I've checked the availability for this item and can confirm that it's Not yet released. I'm sorry about this delay--we certainly didn't expect this would happen.
I've checked with our Fulfillment Center too and can confirm that we were scheduled to receive more of this product, but we have not received yet. Hence, they have already contacted a different supplier to obtain this item for you. I can assure you that we are working hard to obtain this item for you and we will ship it as soon as we are able to obtain it.
Please understand we are using every tool at our disposal to get this item for you.
On the date of shipment, we'll send you e-mail confirming the date, contents, and method of your shipment.
Please also note that we will not charge you until the item ships.

It escalated further and:
Thank you very much for waiting.
I have upgraded your shipping at next day shipping at no extra cost to you so that you get the item as soon as we have this item in our stock.I have forwarded this issue to the shipping team also that the order needs to be delivered to you on a priority basis .
I understand the importance of this package to be delivered to you as soon as possible .
Rest assured that this order will be taken care of from our end .
Please be assured that we will ship the item to you on a priority basiis .Also due to the inconvenience you have faced I will issue you CDN$5 promo to your account .Please accept this as a token of apology from us .

I guess I got $5?

Pretty sad as Amazon Support convinced me to re-order my CE to get the $10 Prime app promo. I guess I deserved this.

c-murph

Not a bad deal. @EB Games. Aug 11 to 13 only

Time to trade my old ass DS4.

Oh shit. I have a few DS3 lying around I don't use... A couple corded fight pads and such to replace them.

I'm assuming DS4 aren't backwards compatible with the PS3.

Also, have a PS3 Sixaxis somewhere that I should just throw away.

Ventara

Oh shit. I have a few DS3 lying around I don't use... A couple corded fight pads and such to replace them.

I'm assuming DS4 aren't backwards compatible with the PS3.

Also, have a PS3 Sixaxis somewhere that I should just throw away.

You can use a DS4 for the PS3, but not all games work for it.

i-Jest

Tapejara

Something worth mentioning about DualShock 4 support on PS3 is that it doesn't support diagonal inputs on the dpad. One of the appeals of using a DS4 on PS3 is that it's compatible with all PSOne games, but because so many of those games rely on dpad for movement it really hampers playability. If you're using your PS3 solely for 7th gen games this should be much of an issue (unless you prefer dpad to stick for fighting games/shmups/2D platformers).

Jashobeam

traded in 1 DS4 and 2 DS3, also got $4.40 for my SIX AXIS controller lol, probably should have just kept it since it was working fine. Used the credit to buy a grey Switch and tempered glass screen protector, total came up to $343, awesome promo.

DS4 are on sale right now at BB for $61.19. Think I'm gonna trade both of my DS4 since the one that came with my PS4 Pro has creaking handles, and the other one is from the OG PS4. 20 something bucks to replace both of them doesn't seem too shabby.

Also, I'm cancelling my Metroid Samus Returns SE on Amazon since I'll get it at EB. Should show up any second, if anyone wanna snag it.

zroid

Banned
quick Q, does EB require the USB cable to be included with the dualshock 3? guessing no since it's generic but rather be sure...

NYR

Just successfully traded in a SIXAXIS PS3 controller and PS4 controller for $80 total.

The guy didn't even check to see if the SIXAXIS was a Dual Shock 3, just pushed the buttons, I don't think he really cared. Definitely YMMV as someone on RFD posted their attempt failed.

quick Q, does EB require the USB cable to be included with the dualshock 3? guessing no since it's generic but rather be sure...
Nope.

iphys

Guys is this solar eclipse the real deal? If yes where can I buy a pair of eclipses glasses

It's only partial in Canada, so it won't be anywhere as good as on the path of totality. If you have a planetarium or science centre with a gift shop in your city you could probably buy eclipse glasses there if they're not sold out already. Might as well save your money and just make a pinhole projection or watch a feed of the total eclipse on the Internet though.

Megasoum

Banned
All right... Found my old DS4 and old extra DS3....

Doi I also trade in the other DS3 and just use my DS4 on the PS3if I ever decide to plug it again at some point in the future?

Also I can't find my Sixaxis... I hope I didn't trash it during one of my big spring cleanup

superbad

DS4 are on sale right now at BB for $61.19. Think I'm gonna trade both of my DS4 since the one that came with my PS4 Pro has creaking handles, and the other one is from the OG PS4. 20 something bucks to replace both of them doesn't seem too shabby.

Also, I'm cancelling my Metroid Samus Returns SE on Amazon since I'll get it at EB. Should show up any second, if anyone wanna snag it.

How are you gonna' use that EB credit at Best Buy?

Mikey Jr.

I would never buy a used fucking controller.

Somebodys cummy hands all over it.

Urgghhh.

Get a black light on that shit pronto, lol.

Urgghhh.

Ehhh if you clean them before use it's not that bad. I got a used PS2 controller at Game Shack once, asked if they could clean it since it seemed a bit grimey, and they did without a problem. After that there was pretty much no real issue. New is preferable, yeah, but as long as you clean it out it's not a big deal.

Urgghhh.

I had to buy some used NES/SNES/N64 controllers in recent weeks since mine all vanished. Just rub them down with disinfecting wipes and you're good.

EDIT: Yeah, what Bronetta said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom