• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

farisr

Finally cancelled GT Sport preorder. I had been on the fence, on the one hand it basically has almost nothing content wise that'll keep my attention, on the other hand, the beta showed me just how much I missed GT gameplay (I never got 6 due to release timing so GT5 is the last one I played) which is what was tempting me to still get it at $50 day 1.

But yeah, no, I'd rather not reward this SP content starved full priced release that took them way longer to make than it should've. They need to get their act together. I'll pick it up down the line maybe at $20-30 and will be seriously considering getting a Forza Motorsport game this time around since that's the closest thing I'll have to a proper GT7 for a while (haven't bought one since FM3).

wtf Amazon? That was literally the only selling point to Prime for me. I'm going to start shopping at Best Buy or EB Games just to spite them.
jk, I already paid for a full year so I might as well use it. Still mad, though.

Update: got my Student Prime cancelled. 50% refund, and get to keep my current 20% off orders + orders with free shipping applied. That works for me.

So what are the changes with Amazon Prime? Just 10% off pre-orders now?

It went from 20% off on all Game Preorders (Including Collector/Limited Editions) when I signed up less than 1 year ago...

... to 10% off Regular Edition (only) Game Preorders. (10% Change happened today, Edition change happened a few weeks back).

It's like they're trying to kill the service.

RS4-

Hoping Rogers has something similar. I've been with them for over 7 years now and I'm now monthly with them.

I'd re-up for two years if I could keep my current plan (or something close for a lower price) and they let me upgrade my phone. I'm currently eligible for a hardware upgrade, but this is presumably at the condition that I opt out of my current plan (similar to that 6GB Fido retention plan).

Rogers will find a way to fuck you out of your grandfathered plan.

ZeroEdge

For this Amazon 10% bullshit will it affect previous pre-orders? I have like 5 right now but if I look only see the actual price of 79.99 not the Prime discounted price, I'm worried it's only going to be %10 if that's the case I'll cancel all of them and go digital the $8 bucks isn't worth the inconvenience...

Ventara

For this Amazon 10% bullshit will it affect previous pre-orders? I have like 5 right now but if I look only see the actual price of 79.99 not the Prime discounted price, I'm worried it's only going to be %10 if that's the case I'll cancel all of them and go digital the $8 bucks isn't worth the inconvenience...

It should stay, but you should also be able to see it. It doesn't show the 20% off in the order invoice?

Bluenoser

I just checked all my preorders and they are all $49.99. I'm guessing these discounts were not because of Prime?

Fuckers extended my membership literally 3 days ago, then this news comes out. Game discounts was the only reason I even bothered with Prime... what else would I need it for? If I want other stuff from them I can still get it, I just have to wait a couple of extra days for it to arrive. Canada gets screwed over already, but I guess Amazon decided to shove it in a little deeper.

Ventara

Was checking my pre-orders, and I noticed one of them, Tecmo Koei Warriors All-Stars (PS4), went up in price. It originally had the 20% E3 + 20% Prime discount glitch at $80, but now it's $70 and is showing only $6 E3 and $6 Prime discount, for a total of $12. Was planning to cancel anyways, so it's not a big loss, though.

Does anyone know if I cancel an amazon order partially paid with complimentary credit, will I get that credit back? Will pick up Yakuza Kiwami from BB, but I don't want to lose the $10 credit I used on the Amazon order.

It went from 20% off on all Game Preorders (Including Collector/Limited Editions) when I signed up less than 1 year ago...

... to 10% off Regular Edition (only) Game Preorders. (10% Change happened today, Edition change happened a few weeks back).

It's like they're trying to kill the service.
Added NHL 18 on xbox to check and it gives a great discount of 0%, $79.99.

I just subscribed to Prime a month ago (they auto subscribed me). I was pissed at first but decided to use it.

What are these 10% and 20% discounts you guys keep talking about? E3 discount?

Amazon Prime used to give you 20% off on all Video Game Preorders. (Both regular editions and special editions.)

Now it's been reduced to 10% on regular edition preorders only. (With no notice to anyone.)

I just subscribed to Prime a month ago (they auto subscribed me). I was pissed at first but decided to use it.

One of the included prime benefits was 20% off pre-ordered games up to within 2 weeks after their release date.

Lothars

Last year Amazon prime offered 20% discounts for new and preordered game releases till the first two weeks of release. Eventually they removed after release discount but it was still 20% otherwise. This week they now dropped the discount to 10%.

It's a real shitty thing for them to do.

True Fire

Last year Amazon prime offered 20% discounts for new and preordered game releases till the first two weeks of release. Eventually they removed after release discount but it was still 20% otherwise. This week they now dropped the discount to 10%.

It's a real shitty thing for them to do.

What?????? Is it even legal for them to remove features without notifying customers?

The company that I work at gives feature removal notifications like six months out.

Quick

Banned
Rogers will find a way to fuck you out of your grandfathered plan.

I'm trying to at least get as much for my troubles. My grandfathered plan is fairly basic, but the data plan is great.

Hoping my status as a longtime customer in good standings give me some leverage at least.

Gitaroo

Anyone know any journalist? This amazon bullshit needs to be on the news nation wide. I know CBC news, do post consumers related news article.

jholmes

Don't know if you missed my earlier post but the Prime Video app is available on PSN now. Not sure about an Xbox version.

Is it available on PS3? It's still bullshit they won't make it available on Wii U, the fucking thing shipped with the app on it.

I might cancel Prime by the time someone answers this anyway.

ZeroEdge

It should stay, but you should also be able to see it. It doesn't show the 20% off in the order invoice?

God damn Amazon, I just checked my 4 pre-orders I have left with them, and the invoice now states that the total is 288.00 instead of 256 which means they are billing it out at 71.99 a game and not the 63.99 it should of been! Screw this I'm cancelling I'd rather pay the extra 8 bucks , save shipping costs (since Prime is only 2 day shipping now and not guaranteed release date delivery anymore) and go digital. Fuck you Amazon!

Prime Day was just over a month ago. Everyone who signed up for a free month trial has had their membership extended by now. Sneaky.

Oh wow - you're right.

They advertise it with 20% off game pre-orders during their big sale, then dupe everyone who signed up by halving that benefit a month later without telling anyone.

Christ that's sketchy.

Huge scumbag move from Amazon, which is a real shame as I've been giving them more and more business. That ends today.

Everyone should have gotten a notice and prorated cancellations should be available immediately upon request.

My prime won't be renewed. The value proposition against their competitors just isn't there anymore. Decent shipping is free and automatic for their competitors.

kaiyo

Finally cancelled GT Sport preorder. I had been on the fence, on the one hand it basically has almost nothing content wise that'll keep my attention, on the other hand, the beta showed me just how much I missed GT gameplay (I never got 6 due to release timing so GT5 is the last one I played) which is what was tempting me to still get it at $50 day 1.

But yeah, no, I'd rather not reward this SP content starved full priced release that took them way longer to make than it should've. They need to get their act together. I'll pick it up down the line maybe at $20-30 and will be seriously considering getting a Forza Motorsport game this time around since that's the closest thing I'll have to a proper GT7 for a while (haven't bought one since FM3).
Online portion is only 15%!
It sounds like online racing is only a small part of GT Sport. Series creator Kazunori Yamauchi has stated the online portion of the game only accounts for roughly 15% of the game.

Furthermore, the series creator goes one further and suggests the remaining 85% of GT Sport’s content focuses on offline experiences. Of that remaining percentage is the single player campaign consisting of four key areas: Driving School; Mission Challenge; Circuit Experience; and Racing Etiquette.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Golden opportunity for Best Buy to claw back into relevance.
Who am I kidding, Amazon will become the only place to buy things in the next 5 years.

Gitaroo

If I have to pay full price for game there is no reason for me to buy anything, would rather support a store that have retail shop like bestbuy.

kevin1025

Banned
I got most of my stuff locked in at Amazon already, but I've finally broken free of needing everything day one. Things go on sale so fast now, within a few weeks, so unless it's Nintendo and some Sony first party (most of which were $50 during E3), I think I've broken free of preorder fever.

Especially for most fall stuff. You can get it for ~$20 cheaper on Black Friday than even the 20% discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom