• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I'm most upset about.

Is there a place in Canada to complain? If Rogers screws me over, I can go to the CRTC, what about other businesses? Also, did they change this for Americans too?

To anybody else willing to complain to the government about them cutting up a subscription service without consumer knowledge:

This is the link to file a consumer complaint for residents in Ontario (your own province should have a page like this too):

https://www.ontario.ca/page/filing-consumer-complaint

Honestly, I don't really know if it is against any actual rules, but it's scummy enough to let us try and shop without telling us our benefits are lessened in the first place.

DownLoad

To anybody else willing to complain to the government about them cutting up a subscription service without consumer knowledge:

This is the link to file a consumer complaint for residents in Ontario (your own province should have a page like this too):

https://www.ontario.ca/page/filing-consumer-complaint

Honestly, I don't really know if it is against any actual rules, but it's scummy enough to let us try and shop without telling us our benefits are lessened in the first place.

Thanks, I'll have to look one up for Alberta.

I imagine though that they have some line in their terms saying they can change their Prime policy at any point in time without notice, so they'd be "fine". But it doesn't hurt to complain anyway.

Seik

Banned
You might be entitled to cancel your prime membership and get a prorated refund for the remaining amount.

Not sure though.

I just talked with a CSR, I asked that if, for example, I unsub 6 months after being subscribed, I would received a partial 50% refund and he said yes.

I'll wait till all my E3 pre-orders come in and then, fuck Prime.

Sealtest

I just talked with a CSR, I asked that if, for example, I unsub 6 months after being subscribed, I would received a partial 50% refund and he said yes.

I'll wait till all my E3 pre-orders come in and then, fuck Prime.

E3 preorders had nothing to do with prime. If you cancel now they won't change.

Vinc

Ended my Prime sub. Combine this with the fact that the 20% discount was rendered useless by no longer applying to games 2 weeks after release AND being matched by the E3 promo without Prime, needless to say this was a pure scam on Amazon's part.

Never again.

Thanks, I'll have to look one up for Alberta.

I imagine though that they have some line in their terms saying they can change their Prime policy at any point in time without notice, so they'd be "fine". But it doesn't hurt to complain anyway.

It's going to take some time according to the Ontario side of things. They want you to compile all necessary documents, send them to Amazon in a letter detailing your complaints, and how they specifically violate the laws in question (After very cursory research, I found this) and allow them to respond. The government highly suggest you include documents or they may not be able to act (so, I suppose receipts of your payment for Prime, past purchases showing said discounts compared to now, etc)

Also, just spoke to amazon rep, they said I should "ideally be getting 20% off" and will be talking to higher ups, and will get back to me within 48 hours. Doubt anything will come of that though

Goodbye, Prime.

transformers-blu-1.jpg

Quick

Banned
Fido offers $55/6GB and $75/10GB retention plans to some customers

Interesting... I switched over to Fido for their dirt cheap 4GB plan that came around a while ago.

Hoping Rogers has something similar. I've been with them for over 7 years now and I'm now monthly with them.

I'd re-up for two years if I could keep my current plan (or something close for a lower price) and they let me upgrade my phone. I'm currently eligible for a hardware upgrade, but this is presumably at the condition that I opt out of my current plan (similar to that 6GB Fido retention plan).

kswiston

This is the first that I am hearing about the terrible Prime changes.

They got rid of the post release discount too? I guess I am buying fewer new releases now...

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Yikes at the Prime downgrade.

Vinc

I complained to Amazon about the sudden changes without notice, asking for a pro-rated refund at least.

They called me to tell me they don't understand my complaint, so I explained it again, and they "don't understand and will need more details on the problem". They then quoted that promotions can change at any time from the terms of service. I said I feel like it's poor practice regardless, and they "can't help me". And I can "continue to enjoy the many benefits of Amazon Prime until my current subscription expires."

The biggest issue that I have with them changing it from 20% off to 10% off is a good number of pre-orders are already reduced by > 10% (Blue Reflection, Nights of Azure 2), or they end up dropping 10% in a month or two. It sucks for all of us who have been using it for video games.

Guess once my pre-orders ship out, I'll be cancelling Prime.

Dalius

I let my Amazon Prime subscription lapse a month ago for the first time in years... does Amazon purposefully offer a crappy shipping experience to non-Prime members now? Before I had Prime, I remember items getting shipped the day of/day after I'd order and I'd receive it pretty quick (I live close to a distribution centre). I just ordered something last week that was marked in stock and was given a 4 day estimate (wat). They didn't ship it until the 3rd day and I got it the next day. Seems a little sketchy.

Oh also, I'm a little late but thanks for the tips on that DS3/DS4 deal this past weekend! I traded in 3 DS3s and 1 DS4 & got $140 - not bad for accessories I haven't used in years.

jholmes

So amazon prime is 10% off now...

This is some bullshit but I've kinda gone all PC so after Samus Returns ships (and maybe the SNES Classic) I'm done with Prime.

The ridiculous thing is that half the reason I got it was for Prime Video, and they can't even bother to release apps for it in Canada which is inexplicably lazy. It's such a rip-off.

This however is pretty solid. Sweet threads will soothe my pain.

krae_man

In-store only or online as well?

In store only, but you can order online and select in store pickup and pick up on the weekend to get the sale price!*

*If your item needs to be transferred to a different store, you will only get the discount if it arrives in time for the sale.

Undecided if I wanna keep my Uncharted Lost legacy pre-order or not. Uncharted 4 is taking a while to drop down in price to the $30 range, since this is already releasing at a lower price I could see it taking a while too or just going out of print first since it is a stand alone expansion release.

Indelible

Undecided if I wanna keep my Uncharted Lost legacy pre-order or not. Uncharted 4 is taking a while to drop down in price to the $30 range, since this is already releasing at a lower price I could see it taking a while too or just going out of print first since it is a stand alone expansion release.

I don't see it going out of print, it is a Sony first party game. It will probably be bundled with Uncharted 4 next year.

Tapejara

This is some bullshit but I've kinda gone all PC so after Samus Returns ships (and maybe the SNES Classic) I'm done with Prime.

The ridiculous thing is that half the reason I got it was for Prime Video, and they can't even bother to release apps for it in Canada which is inexplicably lazy. It's such a rip-off.

This however is pretty solid. Sweet threads will soothe my pain.

Don't know if you missed my earlier post but the Prime Video app is available on PSN now. Not sure about an Xbox version.

chemgear

Neo Member
Tried contacting Amazon CS via chat about the reduction in Amazon Prime.

"may I know where is 10% written?" over and over again.

It's like talking to a wall.

NYR

Tried contacting Amazon CS via chat about the reduction in Amazon Prime.

"may I know where is 10% written?" over and over again.

It's like talking to a wall.

They are just a guy in India, they are not briefed on every change on the site, I would give them a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom