• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora_N

Was checking my pre-orders, and I noticed one of them, Tecmo Koei Warriors All-Stars (PS4), went up in price. It originally had the 20% E3 + 20% Prime discount glitch at $80, but now it's $70 and is showing only $6 E3 and $6 Prime discount, for a total of $12. Was planning to cancel anyways, so it's not a big loss, though.

Does anyone know if I cancel an amazon order partially paid with complimentary credit, will I get that credit back? Will pick up Yakuza Kiwami from BB, but I don't want to lose the $10 credit I used on the Amazon order.

Thanks for your post, fucking Amazon. I cancelled since I won't be able to play it but really annoying how they raised the price and everything screwed up with the discount. I would have just backlogged it but now I'll just wait for DW9 first and pick this up later I think.

Was checking my pre-orders, and I noticed one of them, Tecmo Koei Warriors All-Stars (PS4), went up in price. It originally had the 20% E3 + 20% Prime discount glitch at $80, but now it's $70 and is showing only $6 E3 and $6 Prime discount, for a total of $12. Was planning to cancel anyways, so it's not a big loss, though.

Does anyone know if I cancel an amazon order partially paid with complimentary credit, will I get that credit back? Will pick up Yakuza Kiwami from BB, but I don't want to lose the $10 credit I used on the Amazon order.

Yes, you get the credit back.

zroid

Banned
This might be old news, but EB Games pre-order bonus for Metroid 3DS is going to be this

metroid_samus_returns_bonus_keychain.JPG

not sure what material that is, but i'm going to guess plastic or rubber

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Dammit I missed the Metroid amiibo.

Hopefully EB puts it up soon Id rather order from them.

Fularu

Banned
My main drink is water, followed by 2% milk but I can pop a bottle of pepsi max (710 ml) and drink it over week).

It's actually prety nice for digestion

Sora_N

Didn't and would have worsen my case in the long run.

My jaw needs to be pushed forward and the CPAP mask would do the opposite.

Damn, I use CPAP and have been able to function normally since I started using it 2 years ago. I'm still tired these days because I sleep late and do too much though due to work + school.

jokkir

Got my solar eclipse glasses. If anyone is still looking for them, magazines are carrying glasse/viewers in newer issues. I got mine at Indigo at Eatons Centre but looks like they're slowly running out.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo waits a while after that bundle is released before the pink/green set are available here.

So my amazon order for Uncharted the lost legacy isn't shipping until 08/25 despite the game releasing next Tuesday.

Is anyone else have this same late shipping date?

farisr

Well.. I just got a switch. If it wasn't for that Dualshock 3 trade in deal, and the firmware 3.0 hack thread, I would've held off.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Well.. I just got a switch. If it wasn't for that Dualshock 3 trade in deal, and the firmware 3.0 hack thread, I would've held off.

We're at that point where there's plenty of Switch games to choose from.

Between Zelda, Splatoon 2 and Mario Kart Ive already topped 100+ hours.

I would raise this issue with Amazon's CS, as futile as it may be.
I don't know if it's worth the headache. I can stand to wait a few days since I'm still powering through KH 1.5, I just thought it was odd that they still hadn't updated the shipping to release day.

I suppose I should just be glad that they actually applied the 20% discount.

There's plenty of great games on the eshop for $10-30 too.

Sonic Mania, Blaster Master Zero, Wonder Boy, Snake Pass, Shantae, Fast RMX, and dozens of awesome NeoGeo games just off the top of my head. The Switch's library has really started coming into its own this summer.

Starting in September, I'll be living with five other people, three of them being close friends and the other two complete strangers. What's my best option for ordering stuff online? Should I just let it come to the house, or should I get a PO box or something? I probably get something delivered like, once every two weeks or so. I feel like that would be kind of annoying for my other roommates to have to deal with any door deliveries when I'm not home, which will most likely be every deliver since we just have one of those small little metal boxes on the side of the house.

eBay, Amazon, and Best Buy are the sites that I use the most. I've read a bit about FlexDelivery, but don't really understand how it works or how to know which sites accept it. Like, if I bought an item off eBay, how would I know if I could use a FlexDelivery address or if it had to be my home address?

I know that Amazon has a Pick-up Location option, which is very convenient. Is there any way to change pre-existing orders to that, though? I'm looking at my Metroid amiibo order, and am only given the option to have it ship to a personal address.

Thanks for any help!

Bronetta

Make sure you're in the Discord with the proper alert set up and/or follow @lbabinz.

Call me old fashioned but Im not interested in discord.

This thread + RFD is good enough for me.

Lexxism

Starting in September, I'll be living with five other people, three of them being close friends and the other two complete strangers. What's my best option for ordering stuff online? Should I just let it come to the house, or should I get a PO box or something? I probably get something delivered like, once every two weeks or so. I feel like that would be kind of annoying for my other roommates to have to deal with any door deliveries when I'm not home, which will most likely be every deliver since we just have one of those small little metal boxes on the side of the house.

eBay, Amazon, and Best Buy are the sites that I use the most. I've read a bit about FlexDelivery, but don't really understand how it works or how to know which sites accept it. Like, if I bought an item off eBay, how would I know if I could use a FlexDelivery address or if it had to be my home address?

I know that Amazon has a Pick-up Location option, which is very convenient. Is there any way to change pre-existing orders to that, though? I'm looking at my Metroid amiibo order, and am only given the option to have it ship to a personal address.

Thanks for any help!
Just think how PO box works. It will work on Bestbuy and Amazon. No idea on eBay. Better check the seller if they are willing to send to a po box.

As for which stores uses it. Check the store FAQ, they usually state if they do ship or not.

Just think how PO box works. It will work on Bestbuy and Amazon. No idea on eBay. Better check the seller if they are willing to send to a po box.

As for which stores uses it. Check the store FAQ, they usually state if they do ship or not.
I don't know how PO boxes work, I've never owned one. I always assumed it was just like, an address that anyone could send something to. Didn't realize that some sellers may not be willing/able to send a package to a PO box. If I use a FlexDelivery address when buying an item that is shipped with a carrier other than Canada Post, what will happen?

Mikey Jr.

I don't know how PO boxes work, I've never owned one. I always assumed it was just like, an address that anyone could send something to. Didn't realize that some sellers may not be willing/able to send a package to a PO box. If I use a FlexDelivery address when buying an item that is shipped with a carrier other than Canada Post, what will happen?

Amazon has pick up locations at Canada Post. You can send your stuff there.

Lexxism

Yup. An address where you could send your stuff with. I guess that's the limitation of Canada post flex delivery. I haven't tried using it on stores who don't use Canada post. I would assume it wouldn't work if they don't use one.

Amazon has pick up locations at Canada Post. You can send your stuff there.
What about when I order stuff off eBay? I use that site more than Amazon.

Yup. An address where you could send your stuff with. I guess that's the limitation of Canada post flex delivery. I haven't tried using it on stores who don't use Canada post. I would assume it wouldn't work if they don't use one.
So, if I were to rent out a PO Box, I could get everything sent there? There aren't limitations?

Lexxism

So, if I were to rent out a PO Box, I could get everything sent there? There aren't limitations?
Well, yeah. It pretty much works like a regular delivery but instead of shipping it to your address it will be sent to your preferred post office location. It works great for someone like you or for those who's not available at home during the delivery time. It will stay their for 14 days (?) and it will be ship back to the sender.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom