• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyolux

Physical is my usual preferred method, but now that I can grab the digital version for $2 cheaper, I'm going digital for things I don't already have locked in.

Always depends. If you know you can beat the game and trade it in or Kijiji it. Physical still worth it.

But yeah, some games I'll get digital that I would have gotten with prime instead from now on.

Yakuza games gets all my money. So I don't care in this case. I imported 5, I bought 0, kenzan and isshin in Tokyo.

Been a fan since I played Yakuza 2 when that came out.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'll probably buy that $72 + tax Yakuza 6. But when I think about at least getting Y0 for $63.99 + tax...

Tapejara

I saw Amazon finally put up Knack 2, but I'll just pre-order off PSN. Even with 10% off the physical version comes out slightly more expensive ($50.84 on Amazon vs $49.99 on PSN). Barely any savings, but at that point I might as well just go digital for the convenience.

krae_man

I saw Amazon finally put up Knack 2, but I'll just pre-order off PSN. Even with 10% off the physical version comes out slightly more expensive ($50.84 on Amazon vs $49.99 on PSN). Barely any savings, but at that point I might as well just go digital for the convenience.

Why didn't you do 20% off at E3 with Bestbuy?

Tapejara

Why didn't you do 20% off at E3 with Bestbuy?

I usually prefer shopping with Amazon, so I assumed that when Amazon put up Knack 2 I would cancel whatever hypothetical order I had with Best Buy and order from Amazon. And because Best Buy doesn't make it easy to cancel orders if one item's already shipped, I just figured I'd skip the hassle of ordering and having to contact customer service by waiting for Amazon.

Now that Prime is only 10% off, unless you have something like your employee discount or there's a 20% E3 discount, buying on PSN looks to be the best move from here on out. It will be cheaper that way.

If only PSN did returns. After Fallout 4, I'm really, really hesitant to go digital on big releases. Not worth a 3% savings if I can't get rid of a dud.

i-Jest

Anyone know if we're getting Pokemon Gold/Silver physical boxes with download codes here?

I doubt it. It would be sweet if we did. What would be even better is if we not only got the box but a 3DS collect case, and inside that would be the code. Packaging kinda like HG/SS.

I'm writing this post on one right now.

It's a great phone, no major complaints except that the metal casing makes it a little slippery. But every phone manufacturer in existence seems hellbent on the "make your phone hard to hold" school of cellphone design so this isn't really an OP5 issue alone. It's very fast and has plenty of RAM, and Oxygen seems totally fine as an OS, as someone coming from Nexus phones and vanilla Android (which I still think it's one of the best ways to use Android).

I'd get a case anyway, what is this jelly issue?

The S8 looks really good but the price is insane compared to the op5

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So despite posting that BB eclipse sunglasses deal here, went to my local one and they were sold out.

Where the hell can I pick some up retail? Cutting it close, I know, so online isn't an option anymore really.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
So despite posting that BB eclipse sunglasses deal here, went to my local one and they were sold out.

Where the hell can I pick some up retail? Cutting it close, I know, so online isn't an option anymore really.

Got my solar eclipse glasses. If anyone is still looking for them, magazines are carrying glasse/viewers in newer issues. I got mine at Indigo at Eatons Centre but looks like they're slowly running out.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
World of Final Fantasy is $35 on Amazon. Good price for it?

I need to use a $5 Amazon credit before it expires in a few days. If theres any other good Amazon deals Im all ears.

The lesson is... don't give Amazon your money.
Unless you like the idea of paying over $80+ (once tax is included) for a game on launch day.
I've decided I can wait.

my membership expires in December. But I have so many preorders for next year. Don't wanna lose the huge discount I already have on them.

I'd get a case anyway, what is this jelly issue?

Oh, I heard about this issue. Apparently it was a thing where if you scrolled something on the screen vertically very quickly, you'd see a sort of jelly effect where the objects on the screen would visibly grow and contract in response to the scrolling, like you were jiggling a big piece of Jell-O or something. I didn't have the issue to any noticeable degree (apparently it was a thing that happened after the very first batch of phones went out), so I can't tell you how bad the issue is or whether OnePlus will do anything about it if you are afflicted.

I think if you get a case with the OP5, then you're pretty much golden. The biggest issues I can think of at that point are 1) Dash Charging is proprietary, so Quick Charge power banks, chargers, etc. don't work with it, and 2) I guess the GPS maybe drifts a little sometimes on Pokemon Go, which makes raiding annoying. These are not really reasons to not buy the phone, in my opinion. I'd definitely get it over an S8 for sure.

Gitaroo

I'll flank you, knock you out and take it off your hands.

Fighting over some glasses? Not even something like this
Kaneel1501731537.jpeg

Popstar

I ordered last night as well. Has ypur shipment gone out?
Hadn't yet when you posted, but I got an email saying it had shipped @ 3:00 PM Pacific.

Checking the tracking number gives me "A shipping label has been created by the shipper."

My free Amiibo that came with is already in transit tho.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Anyone still considering the Xbox One X? Curious how fellow Canadians are seeing it now that it's a little closer.
After getting the 1080 Ti I am more hesitant to upgrade, that 60fps life is just too good.
But since trading in the S will offset the price I might as well, there will be titles I plan to play only on console anyway. But I predict a lot more double dipping in my future, to play certain titles at 60fps but also enjoy the larger community and friends list that Xbox offers.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
After getting the 1080 Ti I am more hesitant to upgrade, that 60fps life is just too good.
But since trading in the S will offset the price I might as well, there will be titles I plan to play only on console anyway. But I predict a lot more double dipping in my future, to play certain titles at 60fps but also enjoy the larger community and friends list that Xbox offers.

60fps? You can push 144hz on that beast.

kevin1025

Banned

Yeah, with a 1080 Ti you're set for a good long while! For me it's either the X or a PC for $250 more or stay PS4 Pro. Being awful at decisions is never good, haha. But with Xbox having all of the Canadian streaming apps and being able to run my cable box through it, and then multiplats all running the strongest (and PUBG with a controller!), I'll likely end up going Xbox One X.

etta

my hard graphic balls
60fps? You can push 144hz on that beast.
Not with my ancient 2500K ;_;
Soon, maybe, I wanna get the 8700K.

Yeah, with a 1080 Ti you're set for a good long while! For me it's either the X or a PC for $250 more or stay PS4 Pro. Being awful at decisions is never good, haha. But with Xbox having all of the Canadian streaming apps and being able to run my cable box through it, and then multiplats all running the strongest (and PUBG with a controller!), I'll likely end up going Xbox One X.

Yea I'll play a lot of games on the Xbox, FIFA and any future Call of Duty, and I'll double dip a lot for games like Prey and Deus Ex where I'll want to play on PC for the 60fps and mouse control, but still have the physical case and maybe even do a second playthrough on the console.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom