• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canelo Alvarez vs Gennady 'GGG' Golovkin -Saturday September 16th |OT| This is Boxing

Kelsdesu

Off topic but I feel this deserves a mention here.

DJx-LpaVYAA0v6s.jpg

Airing on ESPN

Oh shit! I wanna see HiTek do that DBZ shit against Rigo.

Also surprised the powers that be (Al Hammond) let this fight happen so soon.

My Plan to survive the night.

9 to 11- Boxing(Billy Joe Saunders v Willie Monroe Jr)
11 to 12- Food Break
12 to 4 - UFC
4- GGG/Canelo

Hopefully I can do it.

El Topo

The timer in the opening post is solely for the event itself, not Canelo vs Golovkin, right?

Edit:
Okay. 6am German time the main event should start, right?

VoxPop

Great night for fight fans 👊

Unfortunately it's my girl's birthday so I'll be missing most of it 😞

This is a tough fight. I genuinely like and root for both and would hate to see either of them fall. Mexican family though so I know who will be getting cheered in today.

Going to flick between the Callum Smith v Erik Skoglund and Billie Joe Saunders v Willie Monroe Jr cards which should take me up to the Main Event of the night.

Pulling for Smith and Saunders!

On the one hand, BoxNation (who have UK rights for this) is also broadcasting the Saunders v Monroe Jr bout that's happening in London tonight prior to the festivities in Las Vegas. On the other hand, they've also introduced a £4.95 surcharge for new subscribers this week, that will end on Monday. Bit of a dick move. :/

Going to pick up some Modelos for the fight. Not much of a beer guy but can't show up empty-handed to the fight especially when they're going to be barbecuing.

VoxPop

You're g/f will be around for a long time, but this fight only happens once!

This is probably why my last g/f dumped me lol

Haha I've converted her into a pretty big fight fan herself over the years but it kind of fizzled when Jones got popped for PEDs. She used to root him on since his destruction of Bader. She's not at all into boxing or Luke Rockhold (surprise!) so it's not exactly a big night for her. I think the bar/lounge we're having the party has a bunch of TVs for sports so maybe we can get them to turn on the FS1 card at least.

Turin

Banned
Salido keeps pricing himself out of a rematch.

Can't blame him though. He has something they want. Try to milk a huge payday out of it.

puebla

I got Canelo in a very tough fought decision, and I hope there isn't a ko unless its epic like Corrales-Castillo lol.

Tubie

I have GGG by TKO in the 9th or 10th.

Fight is gonna be close tho, would not surprise me if Canelo wins it instead.

Damerman

i want to root for canelo because he strikes me as more dexterous and refined, and those are my favorite kinds of fighters. but what does that mean in front of a super efficient human tank like GGG. it's gonna be an amazing fight.

Top Bottom