• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can't anyone make a good Tornado Disaster movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have movies for that to. I've never seen it though.

The first one is a mediocre parody movie before they knew how to do them right with things like Airplane! and Top Secret.
The best things are the main theme and some very selected scenes. It fells flat because it tries to be serious at times, not going the full circle parody.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3uIKzgcDxo

The second one, Return of the Killers Tomatoes, is the really great one. It laughs of its predecessor and itself without mercy non stop. Has a great MST3K style villian with absurdly sidekick idea included. It has some really great gags (the adverstisment ones are just too good). It even has one of the first roles of George Clooney on a movie being the main character's best friend. Adds even lore to attach it to the original movie and why it happened, with one of the main characters from that repeating here.
And it has the amazing continuation of the original main theme opening, even more hilarious than the first one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1n4pZOUqe4

Its basically a Family friendly version of Troma's Toxic Avenger type movies.
Theres very little tomatoes attacking in this one though.
And of course, you've also have the cartoon series based on Return of the Killer Tomatoes, with the same characters excluding sadly George Clooney, but, thanks to being a cartoon, it can add all those tomato attacks missing from the movie.

It's pretty good. But not as good as the sequel, which is a parody of the first one.

It's like Gremlins 2.

Or Human Centipede 2.

Basically takes the "seriousness" of the original and makes complete fun of it.

Yep, basically this.

Toothless

I had decent fun with Into the Storm; it had cool action scenes and cheesy jokes. I don't know what else you're looking for in any disaster movie.

BumRush

7qiPOBA.gif

This needed to be the first response...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom