• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

can't unsee the orange/blue movie posters!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Houston3000 said:
Complementary Colors are everywhere...

mht1ep.jpg

The overall saturation levels, contrast, brightness/darkness, etc.. play a role in subduing the obviousness of it sometimes but it's common. Coraline is using a lot of Split Complementary colors in the poster, that's why it's rather unique.

Notice how the bad guys in Spider Man Marvel comics are always green, or purple and green?

Mysterio
Electroman or whatever his name is
Green Goblin
Lizard
Dr. Octopus
Scorpio
Vulture
Etc.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Others too, but the best ones, in my opinion, completely bucked this trend (offsetting Spidey's red/blue with green/purple)... probably in order to distinguish them from the old and cheesy rogues gallery of 80s comics and earlier.

347cmdf.jpg
10ifpl0.jpg

Yeah I'll be honest. I haven't thought about this or seen it since I last read this thread in december

I think the fed-ex arrow and maybe the cloud bush are the only two things I'll never actually unsee

I really don't understand how this is mind blowing to anyone.

EDIT: ZOMG MY AVATAR ALSO SOMEWHAT APPLIES TO THIS PHENOMENA. WHAAAA!!!!

santouras

when I first started doing web design all of my sites were a combination of orange, blue and grey. It's a very common mix of colours for above posted obvious reasons

Osietra

Banned
Basically orange and blue are predominant colours in most picture'ey things that are old and faded.
Various accountants realised this, and pushed the cost saving measure of only using colours that take longer to fade. Which basically makes no sense.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Yeah, you know since there are so many colors to work with, pairing orange-ish and blue-ish colors together makes for pretty pictures. It worked many years ago and still works today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom