• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

can't unsee the orange/blue movie posters!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
LoneWolf296 said:
^^^ Goku is seriously the epitome of this thread in one character

Deathstroke_the_Terminator.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
That Coraline poster rules for actually contrasting purple and blue, which is extremely uncommon and, at least for me, immediately jumps out as not being a typical movie poster or maybe not even a movie poster at all until you look at it closely.

The Babylon Vin Diesel poster somewhere earlier in this thread represents the exact opposite of this.

fake edit: Actually, check out the posters for nearly every film Tim Burton either produced or directed for awesome posters that do not rely on the Orange/Blue contrast.

Apparently, both red = orange and yellow = orange, according to examples here.

Lots of good examples being drowned out by the lame ones.

seriously gaf

They're colors that go well together and the combination occurs all the time in real life. Half of these are just pictures of orange dirt with a blue sky, or something called a freaking sunset. You know, that thing that happens every night and has been used in art for thousands of years?

I expected something more mindblowing, like when you first realized that every comedy movie in the last 10 years has used BIG RED TEXT.

Complementary Colors are everywhere...

mht1ep.jpg

The overall saturation levels, contrast, brightness/darkness, etc.. play a role in subduing the obviousness of it sometimes but it's common. Coraline is using a lot of Split Complementary colors in the poster, that's why it's rather unique.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Houston3000 said:
The overall saturation levels, contrast, brightness/darkness, etc.. play a role in subduing the obviousness of it sometimes but it's common. Coraline is using a lot of Split Complementary colors in the poster, that's why it's rather unique.

I was going to post about the Coraline one. I love how its split and is tied together by the orange title. Just cool attention to detail, just like the movie.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
OH LORD HOW I NOW REGRET MOCKING THE COLOR SCIENTISTS IN COLLEGE.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I wish pan's labyrinth had a better cover.

Not that it's bad, it'd just be nice if it befit the awesomeness of the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom