• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

can't unsee the orange/blue movie posters!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
spreeendaz said:
BTkky0Aujqyda200AhRGRlf0o1_500.jpg

Fuck this blue and orange shit!! How long has Squirtle been part squirrel!?!?!? I always assumed it was just part of the whole weird Pokemon naming convention.

NotWii

Banned
RoboGeorgeForeman said:
Fuck this blue and orange shit!! How long has Squirtle been part squirrel!?!?!? I always assumed it was just part of the whole weird Pokemon naming convention.
Shit! Double mindfuck!

I'm gonna go lie down :(

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Ohhh shitttt... I just realised my site is blue and orange tooo fuck im part of the problem.

way more

Jet Grind Radio! said:
Basic color theory. Complementary colors.

Yep. Colors from opposite sides of a color wheel just look good together.
colorwheel1.jpg

In recent years there may have been an upswing of blue/orange but that would be the fault of orange. It was a popular color for corporations to use in the early 00's. Companies such as Ananova, Home Depot and even Burger King swapped it's template.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
mac said:
colorwheel1.jpg

In recent years there may have been an upswing of blue/orange but that would be the fault of orange. It was a popular color for corporations to use in the early 00's. Companies such as Ananova, Home Depot and even Burger King swapped it's template.

Green looks ugly with purple, nice with yellow.

Color theory FAILS.

ZeroGravity

RoboGeorgeForeman said:
Squirtle = Squirt + Turtle

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
For films it goes even further to the point where it's become very trendy to color grade in overwhelming blue/orange tones. Transformers really goes over the top with it, but a lot of action films do it. Honestly, though, it's hard to blame them because skin tones are close to orange so they really can only use blue if they are going the complementary color route.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Going with basic Color Theory I wonder if Red and Green could become some new sensation but those are Christmas colors.

Ether_Snake said:

Color theory FAILS.

Complementary colors are colors that are directly across from eachother on the color wheel. So Red and Green would be complementary (as would be Blue and Orange).

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
This thread has rocked me to my core. Thank you GAF for showing me the light. There are only two gods in life: Blue and Orange.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
mac said:
colorwheel1.jpg

Ever notice that in the supermarket they match the meats (beef) with a green frilly border? Hmmm.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
So basically gaffers have discovered that most graphic design can be reduced to complimentary colors. Amazing. My favorite part about all this is when completely horrible examples with the smallest shred of the other color is used. You really don't need to try that hard.

Example:

Dragon-Quest--Rocket-Slime--1.jpg

The obvious to you guys now would be the Orange Text and the blue text, but you should also notice the purple tank on the yellow background. Hell, if you look close, you can probably see a red/green combo (bottom right).

Let's review complimentary colors:
1. Red/Green (you might see this quite a bit this month)
2. Blue/Orange
3. Yellow/Purple

You might note that each combo includes one primary color on the left, and the mix of the other two primary colors on the right. Color theory fucking rules!

But seriously. Just because you see a little blue and a little orange in basically everything doesn't mean this is something you can unsee, it means you CAN see. Congrats.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Yellow/Violet needs to be rocked more. I've always liked the color yellow when its not used as some pussified passive color.

MrHicks said:
16gflon.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Save us from this tyranny DinoGAF! I CAN'T TAKE THE CONTRAST ANYMORE, ONLY YOU CAN STOP THIS PHENOMENON!

This is not an official endorsement of the Dinosaur Gaming Age Forum theme. Any thoughts contained within this post are not the user's own and should not be taken as evidence for any possible bans. :p

mrkgoo

Ether_Snake said:

Color theory FAILS.

It's simply contrast. I guess all you people are too young, and have only read modern computer-graphics coloured comics or something.

Has no-one ever wondered why superhero costumes were coloured the way they were? It was for contrast.

Blue-red
Blue-yellow
Green-purple (Hulk, green goblin, kang, Lizard)

I'm more surprised that anyone is even surprised at contrasting colours. What are covers supposed to do to stand out? Blue text, with a blue character on a blue background?

OnPoint

mac said:
colorwheel1.jpg

Also this:

mboock.jpg

They ALL look good together.

koam

This thread has taught me two things:

1) Blue and Orange are complimentary colors and work well together.
2) A big majority of GAF is color blind and can't see orange properly.

koam

People who might need to get their eyes checked

shagg_187 (purpilish blue and peachy color, not orange)
the_matrix_poster.jpg

Medalion (confuses orange andred)
2008-the-dark-knight-batman-movie-poster-7.jpg

also this example of his (confuses yellow with orange)
logo.gif

Spreeendaz is confusing green/teal and blue in all the three pokemon pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom