• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies hitting the West [Digital Only Confirmed]

Sad for no retail release, but will still be there day 1 for English Ace Attorney, hopefully strong sales of this will lead to Capcom releasing a digital copy of Investigations 2

Sendou

Only logical explanation for this being digital only is that Capcom got tipped off by Nintendo that they're going to make their network services hyper modern come E3.

Or maybe this way it's just more of a controlled risk for them

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I'll begrudgingly buy this if it's DD only, but I really want there to be a physical release. My wife and I both want to play it, and I don't really want to buy it digitally twice. :/

Digital is great for me, but yes I can understand those who prefer a boxed copy. A cost saving measure? Does this mean if full games weren't possible on the eShop, there'd be no western release (like Investigations 2)?

Just need a NA announcement now.

Nemesis_

Digital is great for me, but yes I can understand those who prefer a boxed copy. A cost saving measure? Does this mean if full games weren't possible on the eShop, there'd be no western release (like Investigations 2)?

Just need a NA announcement now.

The NA announcement is in the press release.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It shall be interesting to see how handheld and console gamers adapt to the current PC situation in North America judging by this thread.

Shiggy

Not too surprising that they don't want Nintendo to distribute this one again based on how much the other games failed over here.

So this means we'll get one AA title this year as a digital only title and another one on both.

Aeana

It shall be interesting to see how handheld and console gamers adapt to the current PC situation in North America judging by this thread.
If the PC had a DD service like Nintendo's then things would probably be a little bit different, too.

Glass Rebel

Nemesis, would you mind putting this image in the OP? It mentions a "retail" version, whatever that means.

00nNnPP.png

edit: thx :)

I get the account thing being an issue, really I do, but guys? The game is coming out. Were it not for the eShop we wouldn't be getting the game at all. I hate it, but it's the world we live in now, and even if you think this game had a chance to make money as a physical release, Capcom didn't.

Drago

Digital or not, I don't really care. Physical preferred, of course, but eh.

Need to finish playing through 2 soon, and I need to buy 3 and 4, hopefully over the summer. Can't wait for this either way!

Mupod

Autumn 2013? Awww yeah wasn't expecting this until next year.

Can't say I'm a fan of digital only but if that's the only way to get it, c'est la vie.

Groof

Welp, time to save up for a 3DS then. And when I get one, I will inject it along with this game into my bloodstream and I shall attain true nirvana.

You have got to be kidding me.

I mean, I can understand why this is being done on Capcom's end, I but really don't want to buy any full fledged 3DS games without any sort of account system.

BiggNife

Someone explain to me why digital only is such a terrible thing?

There's no way I'm not buying this. I love the AA games and this one looks great.

Marcel

I'm down. Physical releases usually mean unrealistic sales expectations on the part of the publisher so this should do fine.

Alfredo

Y'know, I've (or rather, my sisters have) lost all my Ace Attorney DS carts over the years. With a digital release, I'd have to lose my whole system to lose the game, which is less likely, so I welcome a digital release!

Also, I didn't expect it to be out this year. Pleasant surprise.

...now where's the HD Trilogy for iOS? >=[

Oh what the hell Capcom.

If this is digital only, we better be getting AAI2 digital. >_>

Well this could be a way for them to gauge if AAI2 digital is worth it, that's why everyone here needs to buy it digitally regardless. Refusing to buy this digitally isn't going to make Capcom think "darn we should have made a retail version" it's going to make them go "we were right AA doesn't sell in the west lets not bother localizing any more games"

I'm the first to admit that I don't like buying $40 digital 3DS games because I'm a gamer, not a collector, and I'll probably want to sell the game (on Craigslist or Amazon) after I finish it.

Yeah, I know, that makes me an asshole and a horrible person or something like that, but I don't give a damn.

Digital only is better than no game at all. Hopefully they allow the game to be exposed also at retail but I suppose I can understand why they want to go digital only by taking less risk.

Top Bottom