• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Arcade Cabinet coming to all major game platforms in 2013

54-46!

Hopefully this means we'll see a multiplayer client for Capcom fighting games on PC in the future, would love to have a "legal" version of GGPO.

Cypher

Yeah, looks to be a re-issue of the all the stuff seen in the Capcom Classics Collections (Volume 1 & Volume 2). Hopefully more!

For reference, these are the titles found in the volumes:

61YQW5NZ4EL._AA300_.jpg

1943: The Battle of Midway
1943 Kai
Bionic Commando
Commando
Exed Exes
Final Fight
Forgotten Worlds
Ghosts'n Goblins
Ghouls'n Ghosts
Gun Smoke
Legendary Wings
Mercs
Pirate Ship Higemaru
Section Z
SonSon
Street Fighter II: The World Warrior
Street Fighter II: Champion Edition
Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
Super Ghouls'n Ghosts
Trojan
Vulgus

51bQC%2BhMXFL._AA300_.jpg

1941: Counter Attack
Avengers
Black Tiger
Block Block
Captain Commando
Eco Fighters
The King of Dragons
Knights of the Round
Last Duel
Magic Sword
Mega Twins
Quiz & Dragons
Side Arms
Street Fighter: The World Warrior
Strider
Super Street Fighter II Turbo
The Speed Rumbler
Three Wonders
Tiger Road
Varth

Taker666

Hopefully the wii U version wil have off tv play and will allow games like 1942 to be displayed vertically on the controller.

Tizoc

Yo hold up, an arcade perfect port of SF2 HF almost makes this an insta buy...more so if it has a good online.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Will never come.

It doesn't matter to me....

(strokes AvP B-board)

"MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH" </predatorsample>
Hopefully the wii U version wil have off tv play and will allow games like 1942 to be displayed vertically on the controller.

see also : vita

CCC2 blew CCC1 out of the water. I liked Dungeons and Dragons, especially the special Capcom themed version they threw in as an extra.

Hopefully Knights of the Round finds it's way into these re-releases. Love that game.

I remember the RAM cart retroactively made Marvel Super Heroes arcade perfect by restoring the missing frames of animation.

Yeah. Only problem was that using the RAM cart with MSH induced a ton of slowdown in certain stages (Shuma Gorath's stage in particular) to the point where it really isn't worth using the cart.

I need Power Battles and Power Fighters with online coop right now

Would be nice if they could release all the Mega Man games on both PSN and XBLA also. Both regular and the X series.
Depending on what games will be included in this collection and price, I might just get it.

Releasing the Classic and X collections on DD services seems like such a no-brainer. No idea why they haven't gone for it yet.

Yazuka

Would be nice if they could release all the Mega Man games on both PSN and XBLA also. Both regular and the X series.
Depending on what games will be included in this collection and price, I might just get it.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Yeah, looks to be a re-issue of the all the stuff seen in the Capcom Classics Collections (Volume 1 & Volume 2). Hopefully more!

For reference, these are the titles found in the volumes:

61YQW5NZ4EL._AA300_.jpg

1943: The Battle of Midway
1943 Kai
Bionic Commando
Commando
Exed Exes
Final Fight
Forgotten Worlds
Ghosts'n Goblins
Ghouls'n Ghosts
Gun Smoke
Legendary Wings
Mercs
Pirate Ship Higemaru
Section Z
SonSon
Street Fighter II: The World Warrior
Street Fighter II: Champion Edition
Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
Super Ghouls'n Ghosts
Trojan
Vulgus

51bQC%2BhMXFL._AA300_.jpg

1941: Counter Attack
Avengers
Black Tiger
Block Block
Captain Commando
Eco Fighters
The King of Dragons
Knights of the Round
Last Duel
Magic Sword
Mega Twins
Quiz & Dragons
Side Arms
Street Fighter: The World Warrior
Strider
Super Street Fighter II Turbo
The Speed Rumbler
Three Wonders
Tiger Road
Varth
I'm going to guess a lot of them will be add ons. Can't see them including that many games in an Arcade game.

Maybe Capcom's own Game Room?

I want Capcom and Disney to team up and release a collection of all the old Disney games that Capcom made. They seem so awesome. I've never played them, only seen them on Youtube.

Galdelico

Sounds good.

Hope Capcom won't do as SNKP did with NeoGeo Station, just in case this project will turn out to be more like an updatable game room.

Tizoc

I need Power Battles and Power Fighters with online coop right now

Releasing the Classic and X collections on DD services seems like such a no-brainer. No idea why they haven't gone for it yet.

Well Rockman 1-4 at least are PSX Classics on PSN, best wait and see what Capcom's 25th ann. plans are in the next few months are as they may be in regards to that.

No mention of the developer? I'm hoping for someone who gives a poo about accuracy.
Indeed. This entire concept is worthless if it ends up being Backbone.

Now if this is being handled by M2 or Proper Games, we are in for some serious bidness and should buy it on ALL platforms.

Trike

I see;

Legendary Wings
Commando
Section Z
Gunsmoke
Trojan
UN Squadron
Black Tiger
Ghosts 'N Goblins
Sonson

Maybe Final Fight if that guy kicking a trash can is supposed to be Cody?

I think Buster Bros is in there too if the guy in the bottom left is an indication.

Edit: it seems like this is focusing on 80s releases. Which sucks because I need me some armored warriors.

Fantastic :) By the way, can someone explain to me why Capcom is hated by some people? Is it just their DLC weirdness or something else?

qq more

Oh, this is on 3DS too? Nice. Probably will get it for Wii U since I love the GamePad's screen.

Fantastic :) By the way, can someone explain to me why Capcom is hated by some people? Is it just their DLC weirdness or something else?

Just listing all of the complaints of the top of my head:
Canceled all upcoming Mega Man games and make halfassed iOS games instead. On the bright side they're promoting a cool looking fan game but it doesn't make up for the cancellations of MML3 and Universe.
Ace Attorney Investigations 2 not getting localized
Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 announced literally just months after MvC3's original release.
DmC I guess? I don't follow the series but I've heard a lot of complaints about the game mainly the bad character redesign I think. Also I heard there was dubstep in the game. Why?

And yeah, their DLC weirdness too. I remember a hilariously bad DLC for one of their fighting games (SF3 I think) had an Alt Color pack that apparently half works.

On the flip-side: For a long time, we all thought Monster Hunter 3G wasn't getting localized but Capcom redeemed themselves a bit by not only localizing it but also porting it to the Wii U with 60fps 1080p w/ online!

There's more but those are just the top of my head.

Tizoc

Aside from the DLC, some are hating because they didn't get a new Megaman game in the past 2-3 years and Capcom went crazy and blamed the fanbase lack of interst as the reason for canceling Megaman Legends 3.
...but I think they're just over-reacting, you didn't see us FGers go balastic without a new SF or MvC for 5+ years.
...and besides once they get a new Megaman game set for an ACTUAL release, by say WayForward, they'll all be loving and kissing Capcpom again.

Moofers

I find it really annoying that they can't just fucking release a proper collection that omits nothing from the history. Or at least keep progressing if you can't put them all on one disc. I feel like we've got the same collections or re-releases for years now. Give us our fucking games from the mid to late 90's already! God damn!

Yazuka

Yeah, it does seem like a no-brainer. Doesn't it?
Capcom doesn't like money, or they don't want to give Mega Man fans what they like/need. But the last part we pretty much knew. Still hoping they'll come in the future.

Given similar problems stopping them from digitally re-releasing some of their PS1 stuff, I wouldn't be surprised if Megaman 8 and Megaman X4's voice acting kept them (and Anniversary and X Collections by extension) from ever being digitally released.

Oh, this is on 3DS too? Nice. Probably will get it for Wii U since I love the GamePad's screen.

Just listing all of the complaints of the top of my head:
Canceled all upcoming Mega Man games and make halfassed iOS games instead. On the bright side they're promoting a cool looking fan game but it doesn't make up for the cancellations of MML3 and Universe.
Ace Attorney Investigations 2 not getting localized
Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 announced literally just months after MvC3's original release.
DmC I guess? I don't follow the series but I've heard a lot of complaints about the game mainly the bad character redesign I think. Also I heard there was dubstep in the game. Why?

And yeah, their DLC weirdness too. I remember a hilariously bad DLC for one of their fighting games (SF3 I think) had an Alt Color pack that apparently half works.

On the flip-side: For a long time, we all thought Monster Hunter 3G wasn't getting localized but Capcom redeemed themselves a bit by not only localizing it but also porting it to the Wii U with 60fps 1080p w/ online!

There's more but those are just the top of my head.

Ok fair enough, I can definitely see people getting annoyed over Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, and the DLC stuff, but Mega Man 9 and 10 were pretty good right (?), they could have done much worse, making a modern version of a classic game. Their fighting games are a lot of fun, and I'm thankful they are bringing over Monster Hunter. Im not sure why they felt the need to redesign the Devil May Cry character, but that game looks fantastic, I guess their games are generally good, but their business decisions are usually pretty messy.

Tizoc

Yeah, it does seem like a no-brainer. Doesn't it?
Capcom doesn't like money, or they don't want to give Mega Man fans what they like/need. But the last part we pretty much knew. Still hoping they'll come in the future.

Was this the mindset of Megaman fans by Megaman 10 or before?

Top Bottom