• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Arcade Cabinet coming to all major game platforms in 2013

Tizoc

Ok fair enough, I can definitely see people getting annoyed over Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, and the DLC stuff, but Mega Man 9 and 10 were pretty good right (?), they could have done much worse, making a modern version of a classic game. Their fighting games are a lot of fun, and I'm thankful they are bringing over Monster Hunter. Im not sure why they felt the need to redesign the Devil May Cry character, but that game looks fantastic, I guess their games are generally good, but their business decisions are usually pretty messy.

FYI, it's been a year since UMvC3 and it is among the most popular FGs atm.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Releasing the Classic and X collections on DD services seems like such a no-brainer. No idea why they haven't gone for it yet.

It seems like almost NO COMPANY AT ALL wants to release online-capable collections of the same stupidly-cheap magnitude that we had offline collections available for last gen / early this gen. Probably because proper network coding would be a huge aggrivation, and expense, put alongside the fact that people expect cheaper "out of the box" prices with digital, than they did with disk releases.

Make as much fun as one will of Capcom and Sega (and even SNKP) this gen, but they've been some of the most forward-acting on these initiatives. In these "last years" of the current generation, perhaps we'll see more of these collections... (and I really wish XBLA's Game Room was still in full swing...)

Capcom's done a LOT with their classics in the DL space, but they only seem to do so many at a time. I kind of wish they continued with the trend they started with Commando 3, 1943 Joint Strike, and Bionic Commando; At least until they got around to HD-ifying some of their brawlers or something...

M2 and Iron Galaxy seem to be the devs to go to for complimations like this, and I really hope we have a lot more coming our way in the coming year.

I don't see this arcade collection being much more than a quick rebrand of the Capcom Classic Collection 1 at this point (with online, I guess...), but I'd love to be proven wrong! Would much prefer Classic Collection 2 also...

I really hope it comes with post-processing that emulates the arcade CRT appearance, like Proper Games' Final Fight Double Impact collection on PSN/XBLA. I love that filter.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
If they're complete collections rather than locked away with IAP then I'm in. Really love the old Capcom arcade games.
I'll either go with the WiiU or Vita versions.

ToastyFrog

Inexplicable Treasure Hate
Everyone who's expressing interest in the Vita version... you do know the PSP collections work on Vita, right? This is likely to be the same selection, and probably the same port fidelity (not perfect, but easily some of Digital Eclipse/Backbone's best work, with a respectable array of display options). Turn off filtering and they look great on the Vita.

qq more

I haven't played MM10 yet, so for me its before. I've just about heard bad stuff about 10. Is it that bad?

Who said it was bad? It's a great game. Many agree it's not as good as 9 though.
Personally I like it a little more than 9 but the weapons weren't as good.

but Mega Man 9 and 10 were pretty good right (?), they could have done much worse, making a modern version of a classic game.

That's not it. People loved 9 and liked 10. The problem was that after 10 was released, they announced 3 new games (MM Legends 3, MM Universe and Rockman Online) but only for all 3 of them to get cancelled. All we got since then was the god awful X1 iOS remake and the lazy looking X Over. So yeah, that's pretty much why Mega Man fans are bitter about Capcom.

Of course there's now an upcoming Mega Man game but it's a fan game... doesn't count much even if it looks great! They said they're going to be an announcement at the anniversary though, so I guess we'll wait and see.

Yazuka

Who said it was bad? It's a great game. Many agree it's not as good as 9 though.

I've mostly just heard bad stuff about it. So I guess I just assumed that was what you meant.

It's more unimpressive than bad from what I've read and seen over the net. Check out the Happy Video Game Nerd's Megaman 9 and 10 videos:
http://retrowaretv.com/happy-video-game-nerd-mega-man-9/
http://retrowaretv.com/happy-video-game-nerd-mega-man-10/

Thanks gonna check out the MM10 video, already played 9 and liked it. =)

jbueno

I wish Cave and Capcom solve their differences and release Progear no Arashi on a collection like this or even a standalone version, and include Mars Matrix while they're at it.

Trike

Was this the mindset of Megaman fans by Megaman 10 or before?

I can't speak for all Mega Man fans, but before 9&10 there was a relative drought in Mega Man titles besides rereleases. And even before that we only had Mega Man Star Force for awhile. When 9&10 got released it seemed like they were done cooling off Mega Man, with Universe and Legends 3 announced. Then Capcom cancelled those games and didn't put Mega Man in MvC3, and put a fat bad boxart megaman in SFxT.

Inticreates was pretty consistently putting out MM platformers since 2002 (Zero 1-4, ZX/Advent, 9-10) but that seems to have stopped entirely at post Inafune Capcom. It hurts. :(

I always ignored Capcom's internally made RPG spinoffs after the first Battle Network, so I don't really mind losing those.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Is it me, or did I spend more time on retro games this generation than anything else? Re-releases from Sega and Namco clutter up my XBLA games list, WB Games issuing a Midway Arcade Origins compilation last month, and now this... damn, it's like having a massive arcade in the comfort of my home, and I love it.

MechDX

Slap Powerstone Collection, Tech Romancer, Project Justice and Cannon Spike on a disc and realease a Capcom: Dream Collection already!

3031038329_d7840aaa5f.jpg

One of the most "proper" systems money can buy. Fuck do I miss Sega hardware. :(

Takao

Banned
Aside from the DLC, some are hating because they didn't get a new Megaman game in the past 2-3 years and Capcom went crazy and blamed the fanbase lack of interst as the reason for canceling Megaman Legends 3.
...but I think they're just over-reacting, you didn't see us FGers go balastic without a new SF or MvC for 5+ years.
...and besides once they get a new Megaman game set for an ACTUAL release, by say WayForward, they'll all be loving and kissing Capcpom again.

That's an incredibly poor comparison to make. Fighting games live and die on their community, so the FGC can thrive off of one game for years. Mega Man games are traditionally single player experiences, and don't have that sort of longevity. As such, it's a bit insulting to have Capcom parade "My First Flash Game: Rockman Xover" as an official product meant to be 2012's big release in the franchise. Especially when Legends 3, a sequel to a series that was presumed dead for about a decade, and where the last entry ended on a cliff hanger is canceled draws the anger of the fanbase.

Miker

What's wrong with Puzzle Fighter HD? The only major difference graphics wise is the coloring form what I've seen.

Oh I had Puzzle Fighter HD back when I had a 360, but then I sold my 360 :( This collection is supposed to be PC as well, so I was hoping Puzzle fighter would be included.

Looks like the Makaimura games are there and that's all that matters to me.

I know it's not an arcade game, but I do wish they'd re-release the Makaimura Gaiden games. I believe I heard somewhere that they weren't even available on the Nintendo VC and while I know they couldn't give us GQ (being an original Gameboy title), they could give us GQ2 and DC. Plz.

joedick

Looks like the Makaimura games are there and that's all that matters to me.

I know it's not an arcade game, but I do wish they'd re-release the Makaimura Gaiden games. I believe I heard somewhere that they weren't even available on the Nintendo VC and while I know they couldn't give us GQ (being an original Gameboy title), they could give us GQ2 and DC. Plz.

Gargoyle's Quest is on the 3DS VC.

Anyways, do we know these are coming to all those consoles or are we just relying on that random site?

v1oz

When I saw the thread title I thought Capcom was literally selling an Arcade Cabinet for game consoles.

Agent X

Well, this is good news! Capcom has been laying low lately on the downloadable games market (aside from fighting games), compared to 3 or 4 years ago when they were trying all kinds of new stuff.

While I already have a lot of the Capcom 1980s and early 1990s stuff on their PSP compilation packs, I'd like to see what new features they'll cook up for this new collection. If they've got online scoreboards, then it might be worth picking up just to compete with some of my friends. I'd love to see online play as well.

I also admire the fact that Capcom seems to be leaving no stone unturned when it comes to reaching every major platform. Very few companies have been able to pull off that feat successfully. The Pinball Arcade is probably the closest in recent history, but FarSight has hit several snags along the way. Capcom's a much bigger company, though. They would likely have more resources available to them, which might enable them to better maintain all the different versions of the game.

yurinka

Got the 3 PSP Capcom old arcade compilations for Vita recently.
I wonder if Capcom Arcade Cabinet is going to include a single game not already included there.

TreIII

Inticreates was pretty consistently putting out MM platformers since 2002 (Zero 1-4, ZX/Advent, 9-10) but that seems to have stopped entirely at post Inafune Capcom. It hurts. :(

I always ignored Capcom's internally made RPG spinoffs after the first Battle Network, so I don't really mind losing those.

While I share the lament of Inti-made games, I also lament the loss of the EXE/Battle Network series. I loved those games, they were charming!

I wouldn't mind seeing them both return.

Can't see UN Squadron and i don't think it's in. I don't think any Capcom CPS1 game is in in fact.

And nah, that guy is from Avengers, plus FF already had its xbla release.
I think your list is good but missing

vulgus
side arms
higemaru
avengers
speed rumbler

I see none of those..
I loved Last Duel though, hope it's in.

I thought I saw a jet. Maybe it was a robot arm. :p

Top Bottom