• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom cuts content (local co-op) from PC version of Revelations 2.

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
I love PC environment. So quickly a possible fix for the coop issue has been started. This is "nevermind, durante fixed it" level stuff again. Nice job. Hope it works.

Shredderi

Wait so a guy in here might be able to get the local co-op working? Just one guy? If Sectus really does get it working then what the fuck does that say about Capcom when their whole team can't get it to work? Maybe Sectus is just a really smart dude. I love pc environment for the skilled people it brings to help us, but at the same time I'm always left wondering "if one guy can do this, why is their team not able to?". Fingers crossed Sectus!

KyleCross

Wait so a guy in here might be able to get the local co-op working? Just one guy? If Sectus really does get it working then what the fuck does that say about Capcom when their whole team can't get it to work? Maybe Sectus is just a really smart dude. I love pc environment for the skilled people it brings to help us, but at the same time I'm always left wondering "if one guy can do this, why is their team not able to?". Fingers crossed Sectus!

The same reason Durante has to fix half the fucking console ports that come out on PC; developers/publishers don't care and just want to release the product with the least amount of work and be done with it.

impact

Banned

because Japanese companies don't give a shit what they put out on PC, they feel like they're doing an amazing service just by putting some shit port on Steam.

and because Capcom are the biggest idiots in the industry.

edit: this reminds me of those horrendous ports of DoA and Dynasty Warriors that cut online mode and co-op as well

Schlomo

Just got word from my key shop (GamesRocket.de) that they blame Capcom for the misinformation and won't refund. I'll keep nagging them though, because it's clearly their responsability too.

Jawmuncher

Just got word from my key shop (GamesRocket.de) that they blame Capcom for the misinformation and won't refund. I'll keep nagging them though, because it's clearly their responsability too.

Yeah this is one of the bigger issues with it. HD the game only been on steam refunds aren't as hard. Anywhere else good luck. Since rarely will these companies go through the effort of refunding and then going through the channels to get the key blocked.

----------

Link for the previous announcement
http://steamcommunity.com/games/287290/announcements/detail/234522998924485103

Yudoken

This doesn't make sense, while consoles are way more limited and weak they get splitscreen and they drop that for the pc version.
I can understand why they do it for consoles but for pc that make's no sense, it's inexcusable!
A lot of games like CoD franchise did this shitty practice, they should be ashamed of themselves.
Modders show that a normal pc can even handle multiple monitors 4 player on one pc, why isn't that still possible?
Fullscreen splitscreen and multiple monitors multiplayer on one pc should be a standard.

Fantasmo

This doesn't make sense, while consoles are way more limited and weak they get splitscreen and they drop that for the pc version.
I can understand why they do it for consoles but for pc that make's no sense, it's inexcusable!
A lot of games like CoD franchise did this shitty practice, they should be ashamed of themselves.
Modders show that a normal pc can even handle multiple monitors 4 player on one pc, why isn't that still possible?
Fullscreen splitscreen and multiple monitors multiplayer on one pc should be a standard.
Wait who does this? That's AWESOME

Yudoken

Wait who does this? That's AWESOME

http://splitplaypc.codeplex.com/

Also you can play Unreal tournament 3 black (currently on one monitor, but still awesome) 4p which is really fun, it's a game which replaced halo for me and my friends.

Here is an example how it looks on three completely different monitors/tv setup.
One one 1080p tv, one 1680x1020 and one 1280x720 monitor.
This is what I always wanted but we never got officially.
Also there are ways to do this multiple splitscreen with every game which has splitscreen with Nvidia/AMD software but I didn't do it but I saw some guys doing that on reddit with dolphin emu and Sonic All stars transformed.
It feels like you having a lan party at your home without multiple computers.
I hope games like Crashday and CS GO will be playable on multiple monitors on one pc someday...
This is what pc gaming would be a destroying argument for all local gamers.

Sectus

It is rather inexcusable that Capcom didn't add this themselves. As far as I can tell, all the required code is there to get local coop working. The only thing they'd have to add is a menu for defining which controller 2P will use, and they might have to tweak the input code.

I'm still working on this but I can't guarantee I'll get it done. A lot of the local multiplayer code works the same way as in RE6, but the code for handling multiple controllers is different, and that's a big obstacle right now.

It seems Capcom finally took notice :

"Dear RE fans,

We apologize to our Resident Evil Revelations 2 PC players who purchased the game and expected to have local co-op as a feature. The feature wasn’t intended for this version and that caveat was mistakenly omitted from the product description on the Steam page earlier, and then included as soon as we were made aware. This was an unintentional error and again, we apologize for the confusion this may have caused.

We are currently looking into the matter and potential solutions and we hope to have new information to share very soon, so please stay tuned. Thank you for your patience and understanding."

At least they're aware people are upset about this. It would be nice if they'd work on the obvious solution of simply adding the feature to the PC version.

Shredderi

It is rather inexcusable that Capcom didn't add this themselves. As far as I can tell, all the required code is there to get local coop working. The only thing they'd have to add is a menu for defining which controller 2P will use, and they might have to tweak the input code.

I'm still working on this but I can't guarantee I'll get it done. A lot of the local multiplayer code works the same way as in RE6, but the code for handling multiple controllers is different, and that's a big obstacle right now.

At least they're aware people are upset about this. It would be nice if they'd work on the obvious solution of simply adding the feature to the PC version.

Wow. So they just couldn't bother to finish the job on that department? No pressure on you to get it done. You owe us nothing and the fact that you're actually trying seems like more than what Capcom is doing at this point. If you do get it done then that means that I'll propably get the game somewhere down the line to play with a friend locally but as a single player experience the game doesn't really grab me. Neither did RE 5 & 6.

Sectus

Wow. So they just couldn't bother to finish the job on that department? No pressure on you to get it done. You owe us nothing and the fact that you're actually trying seems like more than what Capcom is doing at this point. If you do get it done then that means that I'll propably get the game somewhere down the line to play with a friend locally but as a single player experience the game doesn't really grab me. Neither did RE 5 & 6.

Unfortunately, this is not the first time Capcom has done something like this. RE5 PC had versus mode and local coop disabled even though it was almost fully functional.

Sectus

Success! I've got 2 gamepads controlling Claire and Moira! One downside is that keyboard controls are affecting both players and I can't find a way to change that. And I've done all tests in one single room so far, so I should probably test it more to make sure it's not breaking anything in the game.

Success! I've got 2 gamepads controlling Claire and Moira! One downside is that keyboard controls are affecting both players and I can't find a way to change that. And I've done all tests in one single room so far, so I should probably test it more to make sure it's not breaking anything in the game.

You're the best, man.

Jawmuncher

Awesome. Easy enough to just leave the mouse and keyboard alone.

Parsnip

We are not worthy.

Even though I personally don't care about local co-op, that's pretty awesome.

Tain

From one perspective or split screen?

Impressive either way.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Wow I had no idea Sectus Was a Gaffer lol. I use your RE Mod Manager all the time, thanks bro.

Guri

Yeah, that was definitely shady. But once again, this is another reason why not to pre-order AAA games. Not that consumers are to blame in any way, this is 100% Capcom's fault, but it definitely wasn't an honest mistake. It was there all the time and, if it wasn't intended, they should have talked about it.

really, you shouldn't buy it just because it's like 1/5 out and you would do well to wait and see if it's worth it or not.
Well there's another reason of course. But even if it was all out right now I'd pass because this is crap.

^ I happen to enjoy the recent RE games only because of co-op and the lack of online co-op really only leaves me with one option.

Mupod

The 15 people that were excited about playing this game via local co-op on there PC are probably heartbroken. My condolences.

while I personally have zero interest in local co-op for PC games, you can't ignore the big push lately for 'couch PC gaming'. Steam big picture mode, steam boxes etc. Plenty of people are interested in PCs as a console replacement, my brother in law sold me his PS4 and bought a GTX 970 for that reason.

DSN2K

The 15 people that were excited about playing this game via local co-op on there PC are probably heartbroken. My condolences.

Pretty tacky response, there is no excuse at all for the lack of local co-op, the fact the code is already in the game says enough. Also you would be surprised how many people like local multiplayer on PC.

Zimbardo

i always hated split screen and like to have a whole screen to myself ...so this affects me none.

sucks for the people who do care tho.

MadHitz

Neo Member
Are there really that many PC gamers out there who care about local offline co-op? I've never even seen that done before.

Swarna

Are there really that many PC gamers out there who care about local offline co-op? I've never even seen that done before.

I do it pretty often. Everyone can use whatever controller they want (be it a driving wheel, flight stick, dildo, etc.)

I love how PC modders solved it in mere hours what they refuse to do

Seriously can Japanese companies start hiring more Western Coding talent already?

Haunted

Local multi has had a pretty huge resurgence in the indie scene in the last couple years (in response to it basically vanishing from non-Nintendo consoles).

I wonder how the Lego games achieve the miracolous feat of local co-op without breaking the internet or something just to name some fairly unknown indie games or something

Top Bottom