• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom expects Marvel to sell 2 million, RE7 2M more, has major unannounced title

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
capcomfy171ppukm.png

capcomfy1722bujv.png

capcomfy17349ug8.png

Source: http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/data/pdf/explanation/2016/full/explanation_2016_full_01.pdf

Marvel hitting 2 million in how much of a time period? They should clear it, given they don't get hit with the negative reaction SFV did + Marvel IP is a bigger draw.

Them pushing another 2 million for RE7 is feasible given that they have that DLC add-on still coming, and the game has had solid legs anyway.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Pro-tip: They expect to ship 2.75 million copies of video games in Japan this year, yet Marvel and Resident Evil 7 will ship about zero.

I think you would have to guess a Monster Hunter title at the extreme end of March?

Pretty sure they learned from the nightmare that was the SFV launch. 2M for Marvel seems reasonable.

Third unannounced title is probably the next Monster Hunter.

Mengetsu

I think Marvel can hit that target. Maybe even more assuming it doesn't make the same mistakes SFV did
I feel like it can hit that cause the MCU is a thing now and at it's peak. Anything after 2012 that has Marvel characters especially Avengers should sell like hot cakes.

How are they going to sell 2m extra of RE7?
It's already out on every platform

They have an big add-on launching for the game later in the year, the game has been moving pretty well since its launch as well. Them thinking they can do that by the end of next March is very feasible, especially when they drop its price over the holidays.

Vena

How are they going to sell 2m extra of RE7?
It's already out on every platform

Hopes and dreams.

Likely at the very end of March, yeah, since it's not like... 4 million.

I guess it could also just be another 3DS Monster Hunter if they intend to ship earlier.

That number feels low for the general expectations from the MC thread. But they can't be releasing another 3DS title could they?

cordy

Banned
2M for Marvel seems achievable if they hit on all cylinders, come packed with modes and they keep the press rolling on the game. From this week alone, yeah I can see them doing it. I'm rooting for them.

jonno394

Pro-tip: They expect to ship 2.75 million copies of video games in Japan this year, yet Marvel and Resident Evil 7 will ship about zero.

I think you would have to guess a Monster Hunter title at the extreme end of March?

Looks like only one monster Hunter game then, so no mhxx for switch.

Unless they're expecting Another 500-750k shipments​ of xx on 3ds as game is 80-100% sold through now and still has some more to sell and then mhxx on switch they're expecting 2m? Then new monster Hunter is next fy?

Yukinari

When we get closer to release and see more of the final game and what content it has that will decide whether it sells 2 million or not.

Cause right now it aint looking like a 2 million seller.

Neonep

i like many people think dmc5 is in development
but that major title label is making me doubt that reality

Capcom classify's Devil May Cry as a major title. There was some report or something from Capcom that had 4 games on it listed as major titles or something like that. They were Street Fighter, Dead Rising, Resident Evil, and Devil May Cry.

FinKL

You guys saying you know what major unannounced title it is but I honestly can't think of one. Deep Down turning into DMC?

Also doesn't the PC VR mode for RE7 come out at the end of the year? That should help move a few copies

Capcom classify's Devil May Cry as a major title. There was some report or something from Capcom that had 4 games on it listed as major titles or something like that. They were Street Fighter, Dead Rising, Resident Evil, and Devil May Cry.

i was joking

Neonep

MVC:I can definitely hit 2 mil. As long as they hit all the marks. Marvel is probably gonna promote it a bit also. Spider-Man comes out in July & Thor in November.

Top Bottom