• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom preparing multiple Switch version software after success of SF2

Kyoufu

Still less content. And less monsters to hunt. Don't misunderstand me: I'm SUPER HYPED for MH World. But you said every department. Truth is, at least MHXX is sure to have the biggest content in the serie :p

You're speaking of raw numbers, yes that can't be argued, but the general consensus in the MHX/X online communities I've seen is that not many enjoy the high number. Some reasons why:

- High number of monsters means high number of armour sets but these sets fail to differentiate themselves from other sets, so you have a lot of armour which you won't use or care about because some other armour already covers their niche.

- Lots of monsters, but the likes of Kut Ku, Gypceros, Cephadrome and so on are tired filler that aren't fun and only pad playtime in a less meaningful way.

I'm looking forward to a fresh slate of monsters in the 5th gen. ^^b

You're speaking of raw numbers, yes that can't be argued, but the general consensus in the MHX/X online communities I've seen is that not many enjoy the high number. Some reasons why:

- High number of monsters means high number of armour sets but these sets fail to differentiate themselves from other sets, so you have a lot of armour which you won't use or care about because some other armour already covers their niche.

- Lots of monsters, but the likes of Kut Ku, Gypceros, Cephadrome and so on are tired filler that aren't fun and only pad playtime in a less meaningful way.

I would expect the content to be near what the original MH4 had if not more

Hopefully the post launch DLC will actually include expansion content like new monsters and areas

that would be a first for the series

I would agree. Gen 3 had less monsters than Gen 4 but the average quality was higher. 4U however had a better balance than X. So much bullshit in there.

Khezu, Kut Ku and the drones can die in a fire. Awful monsters.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
I would expect the content to be near what the original MH4 had if not more

Hopefully the post launch DLC will actually include expansion content like new monsters and areas

that would be a first for the series
Hopefully. Capcom's biggest fuckup would be if they didn't properly utilize dlc for post-launch content this go around and stuck to only costumes and g-rank.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
So how'd this Switch related thread turn into a discussion about a PC/PS4/Xbox One game again?
Well it's a Capcom game so it's not 100% OT.
Anyway, Capcom has already started churning ports with their new RE Revelations 1+2 port. Would like to see them bring some newer titles as well, but knowing their slow development times this gen, it may take a while.
Capcom is basically surviving with only RE and MH now.
Absolutely. They have their usual ports and classic releases, but the profits from those are nowhere near as significant.

Top Bottom