• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom preparing multiple Switch version software after success of SF2

LordKano

Nah, the discussion was to bring RE4,5,6 on one package to Switch. I mean, technically, RE0 and Rebirth are GC games. Yet, their HD version are newer. The point is, while these are recents RE games, they're still smaller scale spin-offs.

Uh, I don't think so ? People were just talking about the Switch getting these 20€ RE games that are currently rolling out on PS4 and One. RER is the next one to come, so that's the one (with RER2 bundled to sell a 40€ SKU) they chosen to port first. They didn't make compilation of RE4/5/6 on PS4 so idk why anyone would have expected that.

And anyway he was talking about the Switch not getting any RE at all for some reason, and stuff like Megaman Legacy Collection instead.

Uh, I don't think so ? People were just talking about the Switch getting these 20€ RE games that are currently rolling out on PS4 and One. RER is the next one to come, so that's the one (with RER2 bundled to sell a 40€ SKU) they chosen to port first. They didn't make compilation of RE4/5/6 on PS4 so idk why anyone would have expected that.

One package or not, the expectation was to get all 3. Which, all of them are/were bigger budget releases than the spin-offs. I mean, even Wii U got RE:R while Vita got RE:R2.
While it's an improvement over a full price SF2 rerelease, it's still not there yet in term of high profile releases or re-releases.

Neiteio

RER1 and RER2 are proper games. And RER2, in particular, is more recent than RE4/5/6. This bodes well.

I'm beginning to expect RE4/5/6 as a $60 collection before E3 2018.

LordKano

One package or not, the expectation was to get all 3. Which, all of them are/were bigger budget releases than the spin-offs. I mean, even Wii U got RE:R while Vita got RE:R2.
While it's an improvement over a full price SF2 rerelease, it's still not there yet in term of high profile releases or re-releases.

Well these are usual Capcom baby steps. They decided to bring RER because it's the next one to come and that way it shouldn't release too long after PS4 and One versions. Not because they're cheaper titles of anything like that.

Tbf RE4 is better than both REr games so I don't know if it's a fair trade.

It's RE4, we'll get it too down the line at some point, this thing released literally everywhere.

Well these are usual Capcom baby steps. They decided to bring RER because it's the next one to come and that way it shouldn't release too long after PS4 and One versions. Not because they're cheaper titles of anything like that.

If Capcom was thinking in term of "not release too long after PS4/One", Switch would've got Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 instead of a 8 years old late SSFII HD Remix port.

Fukuzatsu

If Capcom was thinking in term of "not release too long after PS4/One", Switch would've got Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 instead of a 8 years old late SSFII HD Remix port.

I mean there are many, many better choices than SF2HD, be it SF3TS, or hell, even a Darkstalkers game or something. MvC3 or SFIV would've been obvious choices considering they were wrapped up nice by the time of the Switch's release, but uh, well. You get first-person Shadowloo punching at least.

membran

I'm still irritated that we don't get MH:XX this year. Next year, post-MH:W, I don't think I would want it anymore, portable or not. Oh, well.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Now we have to hope Revelations sells really well on Switch. Otherwise, we won't see a trigger for more releases. I doubt it will happen, but I would also love an Okami sequel and Ace Attorney would sell really well.

daxy

Now we have to hope Revelations sells really well on Switch. Otherwise, we won't see a trigger for more releases. I doubt it will happen, but I would also love an Okami sequel and Ace Attorney would sell really well.

This is a messed up rhetoric though. 'Buy the games you don't really want so that we'll maaaaybe release that one you actually want'. I wasn't really compelled by USF2 and RE:R is also just not my thing. All I want from Capcom is some iteration of Monhun that isn't Stories or something that isn't a remake or a port that I've played elsewhere already. Until then, color me disinterested.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
RE Rev 1+2 this year,
REmake + RE0 are next and after that i would expect the RE4-6 Trilogy.

Surprised they already had some announcements lined up!

Ok just give us an MHW port please

XX would be a nice peace offering but im not optimistic they can make it happen before 2018

once MHW hits i may never look back

ehhhhh fuck it i would buy it i guess

Zedark

XX would be a nice peace offering but im not optimistic they can make it happen before 2018

They could very easily, actually. MHXX is an expanded version of MHX, which was already localised. The localisation work needed would be small, and definitely easily doable within the year. They just decided not to do it, that's all there is to it.

Would be nice if they gave Switch a port of MHW, but I highly doubt they will.

Kyoufu

Once World is out MHXX is going to be long forgotten. World looks a million times superior in every single department. I'll import XX this month to get my enjoyment out of it until then.

Once World is out MHXX is going to be long forgotten. World looks a million times superior in every single department. I'll import XX this month to get my enjoyment out of it until then.

The Aug10th demo might be all i need to dick around with

MHW is the new hotness and Capvom was right to bet on it

Would rather them focus on a 5th gen game for switch if they are going to make one

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

Please stop with his pr approach
MHXX exists it has been developed and it is perfectly legit for Switch owners to continue asking for its localization

I am buying Stories for 3ds, I am downloading MHXX demo, I am buying World for my ps4

But after that I would be really happy to be able to play XX on switch especially in portable form with double analogue and a 720p screen on the go. Especially being existing and available for a console I own

NSESN

World isn't portable a doesn't have local play. XX looks better in 2 derpayments already. "Long forgotten", people still haven't forgotten 3rd.
Stop trying to defend Capcom pratices with "but World looks better".

Fiendcode

The Aug10th demo might be all i need to dick around with

MHW is the new hotness and Capvom was right to bet on it

Would rather them focus on a 5th gen game for switch if they are going to make one
Hopefully MH5 on Switch adds styles and arts back in. I need my aerial SA.

Kyoufu

MHXX exists it has been developed and it is perfectly legit for Switch owners to continue asking for its localization

I am buying Stories for 3ds, I am downloading MHXX demo, I am buying World for my ps4

But after that I would be really happy to be able to play XX on switch especially in portable form with double analogue and a 720p screen on the go. Especially being existing and available for a console I own

World isn't portable a doesn't have local play. XX looks better in 2 derpayments already. "Long forgotten", people still haven't forgotten 3rd.
Stop trying to defend Capcom pratices with "but World looks better".

I should have worded it to say "for me" (I thought it was obvious) because I'm not touching XX once World comes out. It's not PR, it's just how I feel after seeing all the improvements in World. I don't need Styles now that I've realised how broken they are in terms of game balance so I won't miss X/XX at all. I'll get my 200 hours of enjoyment out of it before the main course.

But in terms of portability, once the new Switch game with the World features comes out then the only people who will still care for XX will be the ones who enjoy Styles a lot.

I mean

I played plenty of Generations on 3DS and XX is just an expansion. I know i would buy it anyways if localized but probably only for nostalgia and to basically have all the previous games in one place to go back to

MHW is where I want to go now though and Im hoping they prioritize a 5th gen Switch game instead

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
Any 5th gen MH game where they give me back my Prowler will instantly be better than MHW. I will be pissed if we get to gen 6 and they still haven't returned them :/

Any 5th gen MH game where they give me back my Prowler will instantly be better than MHW. I will be pissed if we get to gen 6 and they still haven't returned them :/

I can see prowlers coming back!

At least we have palico upgrades!

Yeah but I want to do it with SA, GS or Hammer.

Hammer just got a flying cartwheel slam! Dude all the weapons got some seriously cool stuff in MHW

Plenty of things to play around with. Aerial moves are here to stay

Except one: Content/Monster number.

Ill counter this

- MT Framework Game
- Already 4 years in
- Main team

Dude this game is going to be at LEAST as big as MH4

The devs themselves have said this is the largest project they have ever done... I dont know what that means content wise but im optimistic

Kyoufu

Except one: Content/Monster number.

Quality over quantity though. Tri had only 18 large monsters but they were much higher quality and consistent than the 89 or so in MHXX. World will no doubt have a lower monster count but if it can focus on quality encounters rather than just sheer numbers then it'd be better off.

Less is more.

Fiendcode

Hammer just got a flying cartwheel slam! Dude all the weapons got some seriously cool stuff in MHW

Plenty of things to play around with. Aerial moves are here to stay
Nothing in the videos is really comparable to aerial style though. Even IG.

I don't mind going back to a more grounded / less crazy MH, but it'd be nice if they went back in X direction for the Switch Gen 5 conversion. Would be a good differntiator.

Nothing in the videos is really comparable to aerial style though. Even IG.

I don't mind going back to a more grounded / less crazy MH, but it'd be nice if they went back in X direction for the Switch Gen 5 conversion. Would be a good differntiator.

I thought 4U was better than X. Shit was too off the wall with mechanics against monsters that had zero buffs to handle them.

Easiest game in the series is Portable 3rd. I guess Ichinose likes making easy games these days.

yeah but portable 3rd gets props for dropping underwater, being pretty, having good cats and bringing back some of my favorite monsters

P3rd might be his best game to date

Kyoufu

yeah but portable 3rd gets props for dropping underwater, being pretty, having good cats and bringing back some of my favorite monsters

P3rd doesn't hold a candle to P2nd though which had good content AND good difficulty balance. That was peak MH for me. I just couldn't enjoy P3rd's countless subspecies reskins. Another example of Ichinose padding his games with pointless content!

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I should have worded it to say "for me" (I thought it was obvious) because I'm not touching XX once World comes out. It's not PR, it's just how I feel after seeing all the improvements in World. I don't need Styles now that I've realised how broken they are in terms of game balance so I won't miss X/XX at all. I'll get my 200 hours of enjoyment out of it before the main course.

But in terms of portability, once the new Switch game with the World features comes out then the only people who will still care for XX will be the ones who enjoy Styles a lot.

I mean

I played plenty of Generations on 3DS and XX is just an expansion. I know i would buy it anyways if localized but probably only for nostalgia and to basically have all the previous games in one place to go back to

MHW is where I want to go now though and Im hoping they prioritize a 5th gen Switch game instead

I just want to clarify, because my previous post was too "harsh"?
Sorry about that

I was saying that, apart from personal behaviour, having many people asking Capcom to localize the game is understandable

Switch version of MHXX could very well be desirable for many people, being a "proper" title, with evident upgrade from the previous past entries in terms of controls scheme and visual interface, due to the passage from the 3DS to the Switch hardware

it is an existing game, that has already been localized for the vast majority of its text, and need "just" to be ported here.

Kyoufu

I didn't play 3rd. Thanks to Capcom.

Styles really do break Gen though. It's hard to imagine normal MH being even easier.

Yeah, Styles aren't balanced, but somehow normal MH was even easier in P3rd. Monsters tickled. You didn't need to dodge because nothing damaged you in any meaningful way. It was such a bore.

It was a good thing that MH4 cranked up the challenge again.

Yeah, X was dumb fun. Easiest game in the series but still an okay challenge if you went solo.

It's the only MH game I played solo and finished pretty much everything. Still fun. Still woulda bought the fuck outta XX. Oh well.

No underwater feels like a step back to me. I loved it. And it wasnt on many monsters so added to it for me. MHTri was like the most dynamic game for me.

It's the only MH game I played solo and finished pretty much everything. Still fun. Still woulda bought the fuck outta XX. Oh well.

No underwater feels like a step back to me. I loved it. And it wasnt on many monsters so added to it for me. MHTri was like the most dynamic game for me.

I liked certain monsters underwater

But then they made Ceadeus....

Quality over quantity though. Tri had only 18 large monsters but they were much higher quality and consistent than the 89 or so in MHXX. World will no doubt have a lower monster count but if it can focus on quality encounters rather than just sheer numbers then it'd be better off.

Less is more.

Still less content. And less monsters to hunt. Don't misunderstand me: I'm SUPER HYPED for MH World. But you said every department. Truth is, at least MHXX is sure to have the biggest content in the serie :p

Fiendcode

Still less content. And less monsters to hunt. Don't misunderstand me: I'm SUPER HYPED for MH World. But you said every department. Truth is, at least MHXX is sure to have the biggest content in the serie :p
Yes. There's a parallel between 2ndG/Tri and XX/World in that regard.

Top Bottom