• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom preparing multiple Switch version software after success of SF2

Still coming off of the successes of the 3DS, really its a 50/50 bag if you want to just look backwards on the previous gen.

Its just onerous for Capcom as the 3DS was, effectively, what was keeping them afloat to a large degree.

Was Capcom happy with non MH performance on 3DS though? Gaist Crusher and EX troopers failed miserably with PxZ and PxZ2 not far behind, and Ace made the jump to mobile.

Mercs probably did well for them given the budget, but Revelations is likely a pretty big disappointment even if they profited from the 3DS release alone. It was head and shoulders above every other title in terms of quality and still didn't even sell a million copies, an embarrassing performance tbh. The system definitely showed the limits of its userbase with both RE titles since Revelations didn't sell too much more than Mercs.

Edit: Street Fighter is the only standout title from a sales perspective, and Capcom is likely weary of the chance for a repeat performance since SSFIV3D was basically the only title worth owning at launch.

Edit2: PxZ is Banpresto and Monolith pub by Namco

Project x Zone isnt a capcom game.

Capcom made a lot of great 3DS games, so yeah they're good

Forgot that was Banpresto.

The fact that they were good games is most likely the reason their poor performance is even more of a sore spot for Capcom. RE PSP likely would not have sold under 1 million copies. Capcom poured their heart and soul into the 3DS when almost every other developer (including Nintendo to a degree) was satisfied with substandard visuals, and didn't get anything for their efforts.

Was Capcom happy with non MH performance on 3DS though? Gaist Crusher and EX troopers failed miserably with PxZ and PxZ2 not far behind, and Ace made the jump to mobile.

Mercs probably did well for them given the budget, but Revelations is likely a pretty big disappointment even if they profited from the 3DS release alone. It was head and shoulders above every other title in terms of quality and still did even sell a million copies, an embarrassing performance tbh.

Project x Zone isnt a capcom game.

Capcom made a lot of great 3DS games, so yeah they're good

Not only was PoZ not a capcom game but it was also looked at as a success to Namco so idk what the user was talking about

From what I remember, it was heavily front loaded and did fine due to better than expected WW sales, but I don't mind being wrong.

I don't think PxZ2 was as lucky though.

Now back to the Capcom stuff.

Fiendcode

I think Stories port, MHXX and RE ports+VC is more realistic
They won't port Stories, it underperformed and I'd bet is probably done as a series unless the western release somehow sells big.

World is more likely to get a conversion later on, even if it's highly altered. Think Tri Wii to 3rd PSP.

Neiteio

I really hope RE4, RE5 and RE6 are 60FPS on Switch... handheld would be amazing but 60FPS is another beast as well.

I actually think Revelations 1 and 2 hit Switch before RE4-6, but either way I hope the whole modern series hits the platform.
This would be the dream

RESIDENT EVIL: The War on Horror Collection

And the games would be arranged in order of their in-game chronology:

- Resident Evil 4
- Resident Evil Revelations
- Resident Evil 5
- Resident Evil Revelations 2
- Resident Evil 6

Of course, they'd be the HD remasters of the definitive editions. So for example, RE5 with Lost in Nightmares and Desperate Struggle from Gold Edition, as well as No Mercy and The Mercenaries United from the PS4/X1/PC release.

screenshot_2016-10-03nik9a.png

However, I doubt Capcom would give us a $100 value (five $20 games) in one collection for $60.

Two separate releases would be more likely. A trilogy collection of RE4/RE5/RE6, for $60, and a duology collection of RER/RER2, for $40.

PLEASE CAPCOM.

This is funny to me. Funny because I didn't think anyone would praise EA for an obligatory, watered down FIFA port and to even label it as a "big game".

Explain yourself, Vena.

Missing one single mode isn't "watered down". They get praised because it appears they're actually making an effort instead of taking the easy way out like practically everyone expected.

Calm Mind

I wouldn't go that. Capcom has its faults which are many but they still get a good amount of games out in a rather timely manner. They ain't Square Enix.

Squenix has it's faults but I put their very worst above Capcom's best any day. I have zero confidence in them going forward.

Neiteio

RE6 is a 2012 game with characters that still look more appealing than many characters in 2017 games (IMO).

I think it's the subtle stylization vs. pure realism. Quite expressive in motion. Great voice acting, too.

residentevil6_201610053ssf.png

residentevil6_2016100r1seb.png

residentevil6_20161005fsok.png

residentevil6_20161000as0j.png

residentevil6_201610002slx.png

residentevil6_2016100xqst5.png

residentevil6_2016100ugs4s.png

residentevil6_2016100o7san.png

residentevil6_2016101z5sqa.png

residentevil6_20161017ks8f.png

residentevil6_2016101jrsir.png

residentevil6_201610127so7.png

BONUS JAKE AND SHERRY:

residentevil6_2016100hwsxe.png

residentevil6_20161006ssfj.png

residentevil6_2016100zcsyv.png

Need RE6-II where they get married /soapopera

brinstar

This would be the dream

- Resident Evil 4
- Resident Evil 5
- Resident Evil 6

Of course, they'd be the HD remasters of the definitive editions. So for example, RE5 with Lost in Nightmares and Desperate Struggle from Gold Edition, as well as No Mercy and The Mercenaries United from the PS4/X1/PC release.

However, I doubt Capcom would give us a $100 value (five $20 games) in one collection for $60.

Two separate releases would be more likely. A trilogy collection of RE4/RE5/RE6, for $60, and a duology collection of RER/RER2, for $40.

PLEASE CAPCOM.
They would never bundle them. They could add some new controls and nintendo themed costumes and sell them for $40 a piece

Hi

is the Nintendo Switch © able to replicate Wii games
such as zack and wiki or titles like the legend of Zelda skyward sword.

I ask this simply because of how unique the motion controls are for both of those games?

Neiteio

I don't think Capcom would charge more than $20 apiece for the RE titles, since that's how much they cost on the other systems currently on the market. RE4, RE5, RE6, RER, and RER2 each cost $20 on PC, Xbox 1 and PS4. Those are the HD remasters of the definitive editions, too.

Maybe they'd charge $30 each, with the weak justification that "Now it's portable!"

I could see them adding Nintendo-themed costumes. Nintendo and Capcom have done similar things with Monster Hunter, etc.

I would like to run around as Inkling Sherry, especially if they add Inkling sound effects. "WOOMY!"

Oregano

I don't think Capcom would charge more than $20 apiece for the RE titles, since that's how much they cost on the other systems currently on the market. RE4, RE5, RE6, RER, and RER2 each cost $20 on PC, Xbox 1 and PS4.

Maybe they'd charge $30 each, with the weak justification that "Now it's portable!"

I could see them adding Nintendo-themed costumes. Nintendo and Capcom have done similar things with Monster Hunter, etc.

I would like to run around as Inkling Sherry.

The game that prompted this thread shows that Capcom will charge whatever they want. MHXX is more expensive on Switch vs 3DS too.

oti

Banned
I don't think Capcom would charge more than $20 apiece for the RE titles, since that's how much they cost on the other systems currently on the market. RE4, RE5, RE6, RER, and RER2 each cost $20 on PC, Xbox 1 and PS4. Those are the HD remasters of the definitive editions, too.

I would like to run around as Inkling Sherry. "WOOMY!"

I could absolutely see them asking $40 each.

Scrawnton

Hi

is the Nintendo Switch © able to replicate Wii games
such as zack and wiki or titles like the legend of Zelda skyward sword.

I ask this simply because of how unique the motion controls are for both of those games?
It can replicate skyward sword because that is gyro based pointer controls. I'm not sure about Zack and Wiki because I think that might have IR pointer based which is more accurate and reliable than Switch's gyro.

Neiteio

I could absolutely see them asking $40 each.
Sure, I could see it, but I doubt it because unlike USF2, there are cheaper versions on equivalent consoles.

Although make no mistake, I'd rebuy all these games at $40 apiece too, lol.

Oregano

Sure, I could see it, but I doubt it because unlike USF2, there are cheaper versions on equivalent consoles.

Although make no mistake, I'd rebuy all these games at $40 apiece too, lol.

Capcom are going to release USF2 in a bundle with other SF games on XBO/PS4 for the same price(or lower) they're charging on Switch. Bet on it.

Capcom are going to release USF2 in a bundle with other SF games on XBO/PS4 for the same price(or lower) they're charging on Switch. Bet on it.

That compilation is pretty much a done deal and when it's announced for everything but Switch, it's going to make USFII look way worse than it already does.

I actually think USFII is a pretty neat little package, by the way. Just way overpriced.

Neiteio

C'mon son, that's BS. You know for a fact they wouldn't do the opposite.
I can't really argue this with much passion, because I'd pay any price for glorious RE games on my Switch, even though I already own three to four copies of each installment.

/partoftheproblem

Heck, just taking screenshots with the Switch's superior capture button (like 10x faster than PS4's) would be worth it. PS4 throws off my timing trying to catch certain facial expressions. 'Twas a pain in FFXV.

This would be the dream

- Resident Evil 4
- Resident Evil 5
- Resident Evil 6

PLEASE CAPCOM.

They can also add the Origins Collection with 0 and Remake.

Capcom plis.

petran79

Banned
I consider the success of SF Turbo Remix HD far greater than this.

Launched on the very competitive fighting game environment of PS3, with Europe getting delayed stock yet it sold 250000 the first month. Though that game was more unique for its time.

Neiteio

They can also add the Origins Collection with 0 and Remake.

Capcom plis.
For the sake of thematic cohesion, I'd rather they group them by type. So action game collections, old-school collections, etc.

- Origins Collection (RE1 + Zero): $20

- Revelations Collection (RER + RER2): $40

- War on Horror Collection (RE4, RE5, RE6): $60

So $120 for the whole lot. Would buy in a heartbeat to have those classics lining my Home Menu.

Floex

No more Resi for Christ sake. Well, sure it's easy money but let's see some other oldies. I mean how hard can it be to put the Powerstone collection on Switch?

For the sake of thematic cohesion, I'd rather they group them by type. So action game collections, old-school collections, etc.

So $120 for the whole lot. Would buy in a heartbeat to have those classics lining my Home Menu.

There's no way 0 and Remake go on sale for 20. 30 at least.

In any case I would buy them all as long as they are good ports.

No more Resi for Christ sake. Well, sure it's easy money but let's see some other oldies. I mean how hard can it be to put the Powerstone collection on Switch?

It's not about hard, but things that sell. I'd like VJ etc. but realistically RE is what they gonna port.

I consider the success of SF Turbo Remix HD far greater than this.

Launched on the very competitive fighting game environment of PS3, with Europe getting delayed
It was released 2008 and I think besides VF5 there wasn't that much going on actually. And the competitive scene played on X360.

Neoxon

I'm not sure if I'd describe RE6 as a classic. Even for RE5, calling it a classic is a bit of a stretch.

I want to see RE5 since it was always that game Nintendo fans wanted on Wii after RE4 but we would never see on it. :p

Okami would finally give Nintendo fans a proper version that's fully polished and possibly the definitive version due to portability and touch-screen/gyro? painting.

USF4 would also be sweet and give Nintendo fans the complete package after only having the Super edition on 3DS, as outstanding of a feat that was and still is.

And Dead Rising 1 (forget the sequels) and Lost Planet 1 and 2, that'd be so cool.

That's my wishlist since folks are making theirs. :p

Cartho

Just fricking port MH XX to the west. Jesus christ guys it wouldn't even be that difficult. All of this bollocks about it distracting people from MH World is just that - bollocks. They're different games on different platforms, one of which is a handheld.

Just makes you want to walk into Capcom HQ and slap their executives round the face / shake them hard while yelling at them to wake up and smell the coffee. It's another example of a Japanese company being hopelessly out of touch with the modern games industry, up there with Nintendo in their approach to voice chat / online infrastructure.

Aside from the possibility of the many Resident Evil ports...,

I expect Capcom to bring Monster Hunter Frontier Z over to the Switch. It's on PC, X360, PS3, WiiU, PS4, and I'm probably even forgetting some platforms.

We get a new Ace Attorney game almost every year, so I don't think it would be weird to expect one for Switch in 2018. Haven't played Spirit of Justice yet, so I don't know how that would work with the story. (They can always make another spin-off or re-release.)

What are the chances on Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 and/or Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite coming to the Switch? The first one is on PS3/X360/PS4/X1, so they should be able to handle it. The other is built in Unreal Engine 4, which supports Switch. They'll probably have to downgrade graphical effects tho.

How about Dragon's Dogma? >.>

And last but not least, honestly I think Capcom is relying too much on old properties. What's the last brand-new IP we've seen from them?
Deep Down lol
Remember Me or so? I think the Switch is more suited for trying new things than PS4/X1 because of its audience and the many unique features it has (portability, local multiplayer for up to 8 players, HD Rumble, touchscreen, etc). People don't necessarily expect big AAA projects on there if it's a bit experimental. The risk should be much lower. What are they waiting for!?

Just fricking port MH XX to the west. Jesus christ guys it wouldn't even be that difficult. All of this bollocks about it distracting people from MH World is just that - bollocks. They're different games on different platforms, one of which is a handheld.

Just makes you want to walk into Capcom HQ and slap their executives round the face / shake them hard while yelling at them to wake up and smell the coffee. It's another example of a Japanese company being hopelessly out of touch with the modern games industry, up there with Nintendo in their approach to voice chat / online infrastructure.

I will never not be pissed off at them for skipping this in the west.

Top Bottom