• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom preparing multiple Switch version software after success of SF2

boiled goose

good with gravy
Re7 should have been there at launch.

So.... Nintendo device owners will buy 3rd-party games, contrary to all the discussion on GAF to the contrary? I'm sorry, this comment confuses me for how it flies in the face of the forum's conventional wisdom.

I wouldn't call misinformed generalizations "wisdom".

CTLance

You'll get Monster Hunter Pinball and you'll like it!

But seriously, I half expect the outcome of this test to thoroughly annoy me. Just like the test itself.

C... can we get that cheapo hitherto japan-only MHXX uprez at least? Please, Capcom? Even if it's the ultimate cash grab, it's still Monster Hunter. I don't expect you fuckers to barf up a switch optimised genuine MonHan or MH Gaiden game while you're busy with MH World, that's OK, but please at least let me have some of those warmed up table scraps.

Gestault

I know a lot of these low-bar initial releases for new platforms are about what dev teams are available on short order, but man, I really hate when a publisher basically uses a trashy release to judge whether more substantial releases are worth it.

It's one thing when that's the practicalities behind the scenes, but when communications spell it out to buyers? Yuck.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
So.... Nintendo device owners will buy 3rd-party games, contrary to all the discussion on GAF to the contrary? I'm sorry, this comment confuses me for how it flies in the face of the forum's conventional wisdom.

Not "Nintendo device owners". Switch owners.

bman94

I'm sorry lol, but 450K seems like a crazy low number to be like "this did great! Let's put more games on here!"

But Switch should be able to run a ton of capcom games. Pretty much any resident evil up to Revelations 2, any of the Street Fighters up to V (still crazy how good they got SFIV running on the 3DS), Megaman Legacy collections, the Disney collections, Marvel Vs. Capcom games...the list goes on.

Funny how they have multiple projects but none of them are MH, which would be the most logical.

I'll take Outbreak File 3 and Revelations 3 though.

Ghost Trick 2 would be cool.

And HD Collection of DGS.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
So, in spite of being told that 3rd-party games aren't bought on Nintendo consoles, Switch has caused a sudden and immediate change of heart? Again, I'm confused.

It would appear that way given how much better Switch games are selling versus Wii U games. Even first party games are selling better. Hope that cleared up some of your confusion.

So for successful 3rd party games so far we have
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Bomberman R
USF2
Snake Pass
Legs City Undercover

Better than the Wii U situation so far at least

Neoxon

I'm sorry lol, but 450K seems like a crazy low number to be like "this did great! Let's put more games on here!"

But Switch should be able to run a ton of capcom games. Pretty much any resident evil up to Revelations 2, any of the Street Fighters up to V (still crazy how good they got SFIV running on the 3DS), Megaman Legacy collections, the Disney collections, Marvel Vs. Capcom games...the list goes on.
The game probably didn't cost that much to make, so Capcom likely profited easily.

As for other games to port, I'd be down for MvCI & UMvC3 on the Switch (since SFV is out of the question). Maybe even give Third Strike & either Alpha 2 or 3 (they'd probably go with 3) the USFII treatment.

Lizardus

Funny how they have multiple projects but none of them are MH, which would be the most logical.

I'll take Outbreak File 3 and Revelations 3 though.

Ghost Trick 2 would be cool.

And HD Collection of DGS.

I don't know about you but if Capcom doesn't want to give me XX, I am importing it. Hell, I bought another 3DS with CFW on it JUST so I can convert my Generations save to MHX save for the save transfer.

450K for a touched up port of a game that was selling for $3, in 5 weeks on a platform that had a sub-4 million install base?

That's "crazy low"? The people running Capcom are stupid, but they knew what they were launching.

I don't know about you but if Capcom doesn't want to give me XX, I am importing it. Hell, I bought another 3DS with CFW on it JUST so I can convert my Generations save to MHX save for the save transfer.

I don't plan to give Capcom any money regarding MH anymore. I will get World when all the DLC is out and I can find it used for $20.

Fuck the way they treat their fanbases.

Top Bottom