• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Refused To Let Keiji Inafune To Complete Mega Man Legends 3

EvilNando

Neo Member
as much as I love mm inafune is just high by even "asking" this shit to capcom

If I were crapcom I would ban his ass asap

also

fuck you capcom

ARXIN said:
Sounds reasonable on Capcom's side. Inafune made a huge scene while leaving Capcom. Why would they care to work with him anymore after that?
Because its in their best interests to work with him, especially on Mega Man Legends 3 since their fanbase is already basically revolting against them.

Beth Cyra

Hellion said:
Maybe they'll bring it back for Vita.
Wait so bring a game they already don't believe will sell to a platform they would have to sink even more time and development in to get what would be considered good for the platform?

Amir0x

Banned
Man, Capcom went from being so amazing to being such fucking assholes in the quickest time I've ever seen. The blazing descent from their Viewtiful Joe-Okami-Resident Evil 4 days til now has been shocking

Beth Cyra

Amir0x said:
Man, Capcom went from being so amazing to being such fucking assholes in the quickest time I've ever seen. The blazing descent from their Viewtiful Joe-Okami-Resident Evil 4 days til now has been shocking
Hey Ami did you see the DmC gameplay footage?

If so were you actually won over because it seems like more then a few got hyped over it.

Blueblur1

Truly ridiculous. Such a shame. Capcom's gone from being my favorite developer to being an uncreative, money grubbing monster.

Zee-Row

Banned
Capcom should of been straight with the fans and just said that they weren't going to continue MML3 because Inafune left. Instead they blamed us for not releasing it.

cmoyano

Banned
imma go to capcoms website, facebook, emails and rage and clal them liars as they said lied to us like lil bitches...am nerd raging now and nobody will stop me

Riposte

cmoyano said:
imma go to capcoms website, facebook, emails and rage and clal them liars as they said lied to us like lil bitches...am nerd raging now and nobody will stop me

Don't forget to sign a petition.

Busaiku said:
I am crying.
Ekoxt.jpg

Don't seem too broken up about it to me.

cj_iwakura

Uh, this isn't really a 'Capcom are evil' move. It'd be like if Atlus let Cozy Okada make Persona 3 after leaving Atlus. (Which,let's face it, might have been badass, but not entirely wise.)

PokéKong

Well there's reason he can't start production on HyperGuy Chronicles Third.

Honestly, this just makes me all the more glad he's free from them, and excited for his future, making the BlazBlue to MegaMan's Guilty Gear.

rvy

Banned
Capcom should have refused to let Inafune outsource Dead Rising 2.
Capcom should have refused to fund Dark Void.
Capcom should have refused to let Mikami and Kamiya go.
Capcom should have refused to let GRIN develop Bionic Commando.
Capcom should have refused to outsource Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City to Slantsix and DmC to Ninja theory.
Capcom should have refused to let Backbone anywhere nears their ips.

That's what Capcom should have refused, and I'm pretty sure a lot of it was approved by Inafune himself.

So, they can both go fuck themselves, IMO.

Hate to play devil's advocate here, but I have to agree with the other's siding with Capcom here. It'd of reflected poorly on them from a business-perspective to have a key figure who publicly slammed their ethics, management and other qualities and proceeded to walk out suddenly pick up a project they recently canned and finish it for them while being in a position to call out Capcom on their prior ineptitude, all with no guarantee it'd make a return.

Though of course, all of this could have just been avoided if Capcom didn't axe ML3 in the first place or didn't handle the whole fiasco as hilariously bad as they did.

EDIT: Edited to make myself more clear, though I'm probably unintentionally parroting what other's have already said in this thread.

I really hope that the new Dead Rising and Ultimate MvC3 will be the very last things I'll buy from Capcom.

I really don't want to fund a company with my money that shoots down several of their own IPs and dry-milking the other ones.

rvy said:
Capcom should have refused to outsource Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City to Slantsix and DmC to Ninja theory.

That's what Capcom should have refused, and I'm pretty sure a lot of it was approved by Inafune himself.

Damn right.

Calcaneus

cmoyano said:
I hope you use better spelling when you do it.

qq more

rvy said:

Wait... Dead Rising 2 was outsourced? Didn't know about this. Then again, I never really follow the games much.

robor

Bitter tears and broken dreams? Those words are not only exclusive to fans. Many a great artists have shared the same turmoil, hell they probably feel it even more than any fan would.

cj_iwakura said:
Uh, this isn't really a 'Capcom are evil' move. It'd be like if Atlus let Cozy Okada make Persona 3 after leaving Atlus.

Err... it's not actually that weird for high-level staff to leave a company but then continue to work with them on a project as a freelancer afterwards. There are plenty of reasons Capcom could have for not going with it in this particular instance (which themselves are separate from the question of them canceling the game) but the idea itself is not actually unusual or innately unwise.

IrishNinja

Showmeyamoves said:

cmon dude boney's right there

charlequin said:
Err... it's not actually that weird for high-level staff to leave a company but then continue to work with them on a project as a freelancer afterwards. There are plenty of reasons Capcom could have for not going with it in this particular instance (which themselves are separate from the question of them canceling the game) but the idea itself is not actually unusual or innately unwise.

huh, first i've heard of this kind've agreement.

Showmeyamoves said:
Damn.

That reminds me, I should really replay Maverick Hunter X. Now that was a goddamn remake! Fully redone game, some changes in armor orders to psych out fans of the original, a 30 minute movie going into the back story of the X series and entirely playable scenario with another character that plays very differently. what a package! It's hard to believe this came out of the same company.

i'm starting to think crapcom is trolling these days.

they went from one of my absolute favorite publishers to some nightmare from mordor.

What the hell was wrong with Dead Rising 2? I think Blue Castle did a tremendous job on the game. I thought it was much better than the first. Capcom seemed to think so too, they bought the studio immediately after the release of the game.

Replicant

So now that the Crapcom bandwagon is almost full everyone wants to join in? Oh well, the more the merrier. Crapcom brought this upon themselves. Don't be too sad though, their next game(s) will still sell millions. In fact, I'm pretty sure even DmC will do just fine. Although if DmC become epic fail in sales that'd be one crow I'd happily swallow.

Riposte

Frankfurt said:
And yet, there are still Capcom apologists.

Just because people disagree with you doesn't mean they are apologists.

lol, why do I get the feeling I've made this post before?

IrishNinja said:
huh, first i've heard of this kind've agreement.

It's not as common in the game industry for designers/developers specifically (though it's still very common for composers and artists) but even then it's not unheard of -- Matsuno even got fired from Square-Enix and they still brought him back as a freelancer to work on Tactics Ogre PSP.

Top Bottom