• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom wants to keep working with Ninja Theory, lock them down

Fantasmo

I don't care about modern TMNT and was simply making a comparison to the older shows. I just don't see it as embarrassing, or maybe I don't care what others think about what I play?
Businesses are about making money and DMC5 vs DMC was a judgement call. DMC5 wouldn't have done DMC4 sales and neither will DMC. They wanted to revamp Dante instead of forgetting him. Let's see what happens.

There's people who still love the old Star Wars. And guess what? You can still buy the old Star Wars even though Disney now owns it. Same thing with all versions of TMNT and GI Joe and Transformers and Thunder Cats and everything else. Let the new generation have their place and let the market decide.
Are there people who...don't love the old Star Wars? I don't think I want to know those people, if they exist.

This is not a "new generation" vs. "old generation" thing. It's a "shit" vs. "quality" one. Just like Star Wars was.

Why would I waste more time and money on a game that not only sets off all my bad game alarms, but also had a less than enjoyable demo?

I gave Ninja Theory a chance with Heavenly Sword, I was willing to wait until watching a handful of videos of Enslaved before I wrote it off, but I'm not giving them any more chances.

Cool. I get that and respect it.

What I don't get, is why people feel the need to constantly shit on something they supposedly have no interest in? (not you particularly)

I get that fans are disappointing with the direction the series is seemingly taking but it seems pointless to keep being mad over it. Let's say Pokemon went in a direction, I hated or something. I;d be pissed for like a few months and if it didn;t improve I'd probably stop caring about it.I wouldn't be in every thread saying fuck this shit yo.

People have the right to hate. I just never understand why you would waste your time constantly doing so. Seems boring to me. And yet every Ninja Theory thread has been the same.

With so many talented studios out there I don't understand how can NT still have the support of big publishers.

Just keep them the fuck away from Megaman. And Monster Hunter. And Onimusha...you know what, give them some new project to keep them entertained and don't let them touch in anything else.

They must be pretty easy to work with or something.....

or cheap.

NT would actually be a decent fit for Onimusha.

I've said this before and was called a crazy person.

Businesses are about making money and DMC5 vs DMC was a judgement call. DMC5 wouldn't have done DMC4 sales and neither will DMC. They wanted to revamp Dante instead of forgetting him. Let's see what happens.

I am fully aware of the situation, I was simply commenting on why you thought Uncle Dante was embarrassing. that's it

abadguy

Banned
Are there people who...don't love the old Star Wars? I don't think I want to know those people, if they exist.

This is not a "new generation" vs. "old generation" thing. It's a "shit" vs. "quality" one. Just like Star Wars was.

Pretty much. I actually think Disney will do a better job than Lucas. I don't have the same faith in Ninja Theory, given their track record.

Dahbomb

I ain't even lying. There isn't as much of a focus on high level combat in Onimusha, as long as they get the Issen system right the game play is pretty much taken care of. They can go all out on their art style and presentation. Plus after what Capcom did with DoD... I think Onimusha is pretty much ripe for a reboot now anyway.

jett

D-Member
Onimusha is better off dead. Now there's a series with truly embarrassing cutscenes.

Haven't watched them. Are you implying the old ones are not funny or clever?

I haven't watched the old show in 20 years so I wouldn't be able to tell you if it is or not. :p But the new show is good in a way that elevates it above the usual saturday morning affair.

Carbonox

Onimusha is better off dead. Now there's a series with truly embarrassing cutscenes.

I haven't watched the old show in 20 years so I wouldn't be able to tell you if it is or not. :p But the new show is good in a way that elevates it above the usual saturday morning affair.

wat.

The series had some alright ones. Loved the opening to Onimusha 3.

I ain't even lying. There isn't as much of a focus on high level combat in Onimusha, as long as they get the Issen system right the game play is pretty much taken care of. They can go all out on their art style and presentation. Plus after what Capcom did with DoD... I think Onimusha is pretty much ripe for a reboot now anyway.

I understand what NT is doing with DmC (even though I don't agree with it), but Onimusha is one of the few Capcom games that is Japanese and is part of what is left of Capcom's identity and former glory.

I'd sooner quit video games as a whole right now than to see NT even go near this.

Give megaman to wayforward. We get MM11 and MMX9 that are wonderful.

IT'S SO EASY.

I'd rather Wayforward work on a new MegaMan game than having them work on an established series. They'd have a lot more freedom to experiment outside of the classic or X formula.

Personally I think a Bad Box-Art MegaMan game could be cool.

Dahbomb

The intro to Onimusha 3 is why I bought the game. I am not even joking.

The problem was that I thought I was going to be playing a Ninja Gaiden game but instead I got an Onimusha game... without even a jump button. So the whole sequence of him jumping around and killing demons in a ninja suit was a farce.

I'd sooner quit video games as a whole right now than to see NT even go near this.
Better start packing it up son.

You know, call me crazy, I would love to see NT's take on Resident Evil, let them reboot the franchise and maybe they could make it relevant again.

jett

D-Member
You know, call me crazy, I would love to see NT's take on Resident Evil, let them reboot the franchise and maybe they could make it relevant again.

At this point anyone could reboot that series and shit out something better than RE6.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Granted, Capcom made every technical system in Onimusha ridiculously easy to get a handle on in DoD. NT would probably make that shit even more op than it already was, considering shit like demon dodging and the parry in DmC... :/

Fantasmo

DMC is not even out yet, jeez, wait until it comes out. Wait, nevermind. DMC wasn't stale to you and that's that. You wanted lots more old Dante whereas I feel like he was starting to smell like rotten milk and Capcom agrees.

i never played Enslaved, but Heavenly Sword was awful. laggy controls, performance issues (mostly screen tearing), combat too basic, too short.

Midou

It's not DMC5 made by Capcom Japan, therefore they won't like it. Some people just refuse to give this game any credit because they hate what it represents.

Honestly, that part doesn't really bother me. I have little faith in Capcom anymore anyways. I'm not actually that against it, demo was fine and stuff, but NT's track record is what bothers me. I've put a couple hours into their games but got bored pretty fast. A sort of, all flash no substance. Recent capcom comments about anyone being able to be like the 'hardcore combo videos' also implies they are aiming for flash over substance. DMC was one of the few action game series that had both for me.

I know reviews have been good, and I will get the game on steam down the line, but I just don't see this as the game that completely changes my mind about Ninja Theory. Everything about the plot and atmosphere seem odd to me. The gameplay works sometimes, but seems to have weird ways to abuse the systems even on harder difficulties. Hopefully the final game is quite a bit different from the demo then, but the distance between their releases is somewhat short, so I can't imagine a ton of change.

First they are going ruin Onimusha and they bring back the goddamn Dino Crisis from the grave and ruin that too.

Oh and yeah, they are making Megaman Legends 3 now too.

Teknoman

Worse for who? You? I read about the changes and as a 33 year old with slightly slower reflexes they actually sound somewhat appealing. And the environments and changes look somewhat fresh.

Let me reassure you if they thought they could get away with DMC 5 they would, I have no doubt in my mind. None!

You dont really need tip top shape reflexes to play Devil May Cry.

Capcom, please don't give the Dino Crisis franchise to Ninja Theory - the third game was so fucking good and the franchise went out in such a blaze of glory. It would break my heart to see those hacks get their grubby mitts on the IP and ruin it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The advantage of a January release date tends to be that you become the only notable retail game on the market for the month.

Except Nirolak, no one wants Donte Must Cry: FUCK YOUmC.

if heavenly sword and enslaved were "quality products", i don't know what's considered a bad game these days

either the management at capcom is delusional, or they think they can change people's opinions with poor pr pieces intead of actual games. whatever it is, this doesn't end well for capcom

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I'd rather have them go back to Sony and make Heavenly Sword 2. At least that's something I want!

Also, the Demo wasn't that good. The framerate during the boss battle was horrible.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So Resident Evil Reboot for Ninja Theory?

My name is Chris!... Leon... Barry!

Bullets are nowhere to found, you run away from Zombies

Special ability inside of you that destroys Zombies when your health is really low

rEsIdEnt eViL
"Fuck You" (Whoops already taken) "Suck My Dick"

sleepykyo

You're viewing this game under the assumption that everyone feels the same way you do about it.

If that's the case, then this game will do much better than you think it will.

Congratulations. Seems third time was the charm (not counting Kung Fu Chaos) for NT.

Hellion

d552172b48.png

DMC died after 3.

Top Bottom