• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom wants to keep working with Ninja Theory, lock them down

Valnen

Again. DMC is one of my favorite series of all time. DMC1 is my favorite game of all time, but no man. You cannot compare Datne to Mario.

Yes I can, because either character is instantly recognizable and instantly brings back great gaming memories.

Beth Cyra

Hey if NT are cool with it then hopefully it works out for both of them.

Can't say I will ever pay for anything they touch, but if Capcom likes working with them then good on em, they most have done something right.

Just please Capcom, if you do keep working with them and you ever do something with X, just keep it away from them. I would prefer to actually support X in the future.

Wasn't there a thread here recently about why Capcom gets so much hate?

Tee hee. I feel bad for DMC fans. A good friend of mine loves that series with all her heart and was just shattered when they revealed the new one.

Axiom

I never really played DMC so I'm not qualified to say why they're such a terrible fit, but I did like Enslaved a whole lot, so I'd say it's a good move from Capcom.

But granted I'd have also said picking up GRIN was a good idea before the 'rebooted' Bionic Commando came out.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Still waiting on that Ninja Theory Ghost 'n Goblins reboot.

Shitty paint job =/

vktSql.jpg

Shinta

Banned
I think it would be a good match up for Capcom if they could lock them down. Capcom has had horrible luck this gen trying to outsource projects to western studios. They finally found one that is actually pretty good. No, they're not perfect, I'm not even a huge fan of their previous games honestly, but they're miles ahead of most of the available western devs Capcom has partnered with so far.

If nothing else, the art design, and environmental work on DMC looks fantastic. If the game wasn't called DMC, it would probably be received a lot better, and it's already being received mostly positively in reviews so far.

I'd say it's worth a shot collaborating on another game. Not necessarily DMC, but something else. And Ninja Theory seems to have no problem collaborating effectively with Japanese publishers, like Sony and Namco.

nbthedude

Man, I like Ninja Theory's previous games and I also generally like Capcom's offerings.

It feels like heaven here.

Same. I liked Devil May Cry 4 alot but I felt like I had my fill. Capcom is notorious for going back to the same well over and over again. The only reason I am buying DmC is because of Ninja Theory's involvement. Enslaved was one of my favorite console games this generation.

Sucks that Steam seems to offer no real preorder bonus.

The intro to Onimusha 3 is why I bought the game. I am not even joking.

The problem was that I thought I was going to be playing a Ninja Gaiden game but instead I got an Onimusha game... without even a jump button. So the whole sequence of him jumping around and killing demons in a ninja suit was a farce.

Better start packing it up son.

Wow.

Top Bottom