• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain America: Civil War Trailer #1 Debut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

The last scene had that weird Benny Hill shit (Overcranking?), otherwise its looking good, not sure if its the proper way to introduce T'Challa but it makes sense that he is Tony's side. In fact, if the conflict is centered around Bucky its gonna be really hard for me to root for Team Cap. (Despite them having my favorite members).

T'Challa ain't got time for their bullshit.

The footage still felt early and the effects work I think will improve greatly. A great first peek though. Looking forward to Cap beating Tony's ass into the ground.

You know how T'challa do.

They sit around arguing and BP sneaks off and does the real work

- J - D -

I don't think its just that. I think that's just the impetus. Remember the packet and comments about vigilantes.

Yeah, that line about accountability from Thunderbolt Ross is assuring, but I'm not sure about the angle they're taking on part of Cap's motivation.

LosDaddie

Banned
This movie and BvS within a few months of each other?

What a time to be alive

aqtwhV4.jpg

Nailed it

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.
I was worried the action wouldn't be on par with winter soldier. Nice to see I might be wrong come release day.

Dat double team

DrStiles

#TeamCap

That Cap and Bucky double team was the best way to end that teaser. Can't wait to see what it looks like in the finished movie/future trailers. There's a lot of potential there, not that it doesn't already give me chills.

shem935

Banned
At least now when the hero team turns on each other mid film and starts to fight amongst themselves it wont be pointless filler.

Hexa

Black Panther kicked the shit out of Bucky

This surprised me tremendously. It looks like Cap, Hawkeye, Falcon, Wanda, and Bucky are going to be on one side and Stark, T'challa, and Black Widow are going to be on the other. T'challa being on the other side shows that his role is going to be very different in this compared to the comics, it means his character is going to be very different from the comics, and that just makes me overall much more interested in him. All I've seen of him in the comics is from like 2000-2010ish and I really didn't like that Black Panther so change is good and hopefully I'll get the hype for him.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Please, Blank Panther, be better than Luke Cage.

Looks like the "breakup" is more over Bucky's fate than the comic's Registration. Makes sense, as there's way too much groundwork to build for "Registration of Powers" in the movie universe.

Also: I'd stand behind Cap and Bucky. Friend from his own time, at similar "ages" as they were then, and he spent years tortured and brainwashed by Hydra, and people want to take him out? Might as well kill Cap, Fury, Black Widow, Hawkeye for all being in SHIELD and not knowing about what was going on.

The Captain America movies are the best comic movies ever (and some of the best movies in recent history), I enjoy them so much and I never even used to like Chris Evans untill he played Cap, now he's one of my fave actors, he fits the role to a tee.

Iron Man used to also be awesome (the first movie is still one of the best comic movies ever made) but it's like the success of the series has gone to the creators (and to Downey Jnr's) head because the charm, wit, and originality seems to have flown out the window in those movies. I haven't seen the trailer for Civil War but I sincerely hope Iron Man doesn't ruin it with his usual scene stealing antics.

the action scenes looked pretty good and I like the premise of this movie better than any other marvel movie. In.

Hopefully someone important dies.

This was one of the best trailers Marvel has done imo.

The entire 2nd half is just epic. Also glad to see Bucky plays such a large role in the film

Sou Da

Cinematography seems a lot better than most MCU stuff and I liked the track in this trailer also I lost at this comment

Who the fuck took a can of Raid to this trailer

No ants, no spiders, whats the point

RyanW

This surprised me tremendously. It looks like Cap, Hawkeye, Falcon, Wanda, and Bucky are going to be on one side and Stark, T'challa, and Black Widow are going to be on the other. T'challa being on the other side shows that his role is going to be very different in this compared to the comics, it means his character is going to be very different from the comics, and that just makes me overall much more interested in him. All I've seen of him in the comics is from like 2000-2010ish and I really didn't like that Black Panther so change is good and hopefully I'll get the hype for him.

Don't forget we still have Ant-Man and Spider Man

jackdoe

Trailer looks great. Hopefully, every character outside of Cap, Bucky, Falcon, Black Widow, and Iron Man are essentially cameos that show up for the setpiece fights.

They are probably saving the Spidey reveal for when the marketing for Batman v Superman ramps up. Something to steal the thunder, even though the release dates are far enough apart to not make much of a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom