• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker |OT| rrrrready for adventure!

I wasn't a fan of the Galaxy Toad Brigade, but was completely won over by the Cap' in 3D World. So I'll definitely get this as well! ..when it releases here in Europe.

Could someone please link me to the white polkadot wallpaper used in the first post? It's the same one used on the SM3DW cover, correct?

kubus

Could someone please link me to the white polkadot wallpaper used in the first post? It's the same one used on the SM3DW cover, correct?
I grabbed it from the official Captain Toad website, which uses the pattern in a yellow tint, and then made it white. I'm about to head to bed right now (EU here), so I'll upload it tomorrow for you, provided someone else hasn't already linked you one by then :).

ChrisD

Haven't seen a single ad for this anywhere. I was still under the assumption it comes out next year, even in the US. (Pokemon ORAS, on the other hand, that I see commercials and ads for daily.)

Looks cool. Probably going to wait it out for $30. Really liked the puzzles in 3D World, but a game with nothing but I'd probably overplay and burn myself out on in a week. :p

The Lamp

Game looks cool from the Giant Bomb quick look but there's no way I'd pay $40 for it with the amount of content it has.

I'm okay with paying $32 for a game that works, looks good, and has unlockable, polished content.

Hopefully it won't disappoint by being insanely short but at least it'll be a fun ride!

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
Got my shipping confirmation for this, NES Remix and Ultimate NES Remix! This weekend shall be dedicated to Nintendo again!

Hugstable

Banned
I'm okay with paying $32 for a game that works, looks good, and has unlockable, polished content.

Hopefully it won't disappoint by being insanely short but at least it'll be a fun ride!

If it lasts at least 7 hours or so for me, I'll be happy as I really enjoyed the Captain Toad levels in 3D world, and thr puzzles look pretty great.

bart64

Banned

Agreed, it's quality over quantity. Would rather have five hours of pure bliss from one of the best teams in the industry versus twenty hours of questioning whether I'm really having fun. Plus, I put a lot of value on trying something new.

bobawesome

That's fair, since it's your money. I just wish it was a $15-20 downloadable game since apparently the three books can be blasted through quite easily. Some of the unlockable content seems sorta questionable, too.
It doesn't seem too fun to control a slow character like Toad and Toadette through 3D World levels.

cantona222

I am in love with the game cover. Physical games, please don't go away :(

captain-toad-wiiujpg-9a7160.jpg

They are probably still experimenting and that's why Smash had it. We'll probably (hopefully) get something definite Early Next Year, but who knows.

Surprised that Amazon decided to ship this game to me early and got it today. Too bad I didn't have much time to play it tonight since I have to go to work early tomorrow.

Hazu

Can't wait to get the game tomorrow!

Is there extra stuff to do after completing all 70 levels? Hopefully the game isn't too easy.

Can't wait to get the game tomorrow!

Are there extra stuff to do after completing all 70 levels? Hopefully the game isn't too easy.
3 Diamonds, A secret objective that only shows after first completion, and time trials if you beat all other objectives

I want this game so bad. I love Toad. I love the puzzle style of these games after playing it in 3D World. Have to wait until January, ugh. Thought it was world wide in December. A day before my birthday no less though!

Blues1990

It will be available next week here! Hoping I can squeeze it in with my Smash backlog!

I'm putting SSB4 & MK8 on the side for this bad boy, as nothing stops this adventure train.

Code:
[IMG]http://86bb71d19d3bcb79effc-d9e6924a0395cb1b5b9f03b7640d26eb.r91.cf1.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/captain-toad-treasure-tracker-train-level-gameplay-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]

alf717

Fucking Amazon screwed up my pre-order so i'll have to wait till Tuesday to get this but anyways, very excited!

Best Buy I think is doing some funny stuff with my recent order. Both Captain Toad and NES Remix shipped on the 3rd but according to UPS only a label was printed. I ordered both the same night in the same order and one is being sent UPS ground from Georgia and the other from Ohio next day air. I live in PA. After my issue with my Smash bundle I should have learned but I'm still waiting to see what UPS shows tomorrow. Really hope they don't botched this one up.

Top Bottom