• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker |OT| rrrrready for adventure!

Stencil

I remember bothering to draw Toad in the Miiverse during SM3DW to exclaim my want for a Captain Toad spinoff game.

I wonder if they made this game because of my post o_O

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I remember bothering to draw Toad in the Miiverse during SM3DW to exclaim my want for a Captain Toad spinoff game.

... maybe you should try going to the Metroid Fusion community and drawing a picture labeled Metroid Dread.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
does anyone know how long (like how many hours) the campaign/story mode is? Can't wait to pick this up tomorrow :) but I'm short on time so I'm hoping for finish it over the weekend.

I just ordered this from amazon because I didn't want to have to deal with the hassle of going to target and Walmart and hoping they have a copy on release day and right now I'm really regretting the decision. : (

AdanVC

So 40 minutes till release on the eShop? #HYPE2K14 #PrayForToad. Looking forward to read impressions from you guys getting it digital! I'm getting it retail tomorraww.

lt519

I am in love with the game cover. Physical games, please don't go away :(

You know I was just. Putting some covers back in my shelves and was noticing how Nintendo's were so clean and free of crap like I saw on my Destiny case: "Over 180 E3 Awards!" Such useless crap that ruins box art (not useless to sell, but it ruins the art)!

Anyway 35 minutes so I can kick this bad boy off and go to bed! I guess some more Peggle 2 until then. God damn that game is addicting. It's like crack.

Preordered it at Best Buy along with NES Remix. It snuck up on me so I didnt do it till today. After seeing their selection of other Wii U games I am surprised they would carry the smaller niche games. They better have it there tomorrow ha. I would have bought it digital if the damn box art wasn't so awesome.

AdanVC

Screenshots of the game would be much appreciated. Some reviews claim this is the smoothest, most Pixar-esque looking game on Wii U

hatchx

Banned
I was tempted to go digital so I could play it tonight, but this game screams physical copy. A lot of my friends want to borrow it, and I can sadly see myself trading it in down the line.

lt519

Looks like a 30 min download for me + install means I'm headed to bed. Have fun everyone, I'll be back to give my impressions tomorrow night!

batbeg

Woooo had $10 in credit from the Digital Deluxe Promotion, with 150 points left over, so will have another $5 after buying this. I'm going to be so sad when the DDP ends :(

11 minutes to download!

Redeemed my code from my preorder from Nintendo digital store, apparently my code came in immediately at 11pm central time and was registered to the console immediately. Though I would recommend starting your download manually through the eshop. Will start playing this after work tomorrow.

zroid

Banned
Ugh, the tracking status on my shipment is not updating... starting to think I'm not getting this tomorrow :(

I'll find out in the morning...

CzarTim

Game is fun but god damn I'd pay an extra 20 just to be able to use the Pro controller. Or at least let me turn off the motion control camera. The gamepad is the worst piece of shit controller I've ever used.

Hazu

Game is fun but god damn I'd pay an extra 20 just to be able to use the Pro controller. Or at least let me turn off the motion control camera. The gamepad is the worst piece of shit controller I've ever used.

Pro Controller Amiibo incoming to unlock this feature!

Could happen

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Dear fucking lord let me turn the goddamn tilt waggle camera off.

This is such a "well shit we put tilt waggle in the controller so we need to put it in the game. And let's make it mandatory so everyone has to use it even though it is awful and we know it" thing.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Every single time I push something on the touch screen the camera moves to where I don't want it. How could they possibly have not noticed how broken this is.

Its bad enough that I can't use my pro controller, but this is inexcusable.

Crema

I remember seeing quite a few posts on Miiverse asking for a similar thing, so perhaps it had some influence. Although you'd assume development started on this prior to the release of 3D World anyway.

To those who own it, are you seeing many similarities to Zack and Wiki? I've always wanted a sequel but this might have to fill that void.

batbeg

You can turn your headlamp on and off, lol.

I've tried the first 5 levels and am now trying out
the Super Mario 3D World levels :eek:

Nori Chan

You can turn your headlamp on and off, lol.

I've tried the first 5 levels and am now trying out
the Super Mario 3D World levels :eek:

i did the same lol i really wish the bonus objective was visible first. I ended up getting 400 coins thinking getting xx number of coins was the bonus objective lol

Vena

I think Toad is lagging the eShop lol. Huge lagg now on navigation after the hour rolled over and it became available. >.>

Top Bottom