• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CAPTIVATE 09 - Trailers/News/New Games on April 29

Teknoman

SolidSnakex said:
That would be a surprise since Inafune said that making RPG's isn't even something they need to consider because of the lack of sales outside of Japan.
:lol well that just knocked out my dream.

Captain N

Final Fight HD would be wicked sweet. After they do that..a brand new Final Fight on next gen systems.

metroidEvil for the DS? Resident Evil that would play like Castlevania on the DS. Do it.

MarkusRJR

The only thing I want from Capcom is something that has the same effort (and comparable budget?) as their 360/PS3 efforts. Dead Rising: CTYD is a massive disappointment, as were Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles and their other Wii releases. The only game they've developed for the Wii that looks to have actual effort put into it was Zack and Wiki (I wouldn't consider Okami or RE4 great Wii efforts (although they're still good games), as they're just ports of last gen games with a new control scheme)... although Monster Hunter 3 may possibly be added to that once it's released.

CapKraig said:
Nice to hear that -- it is not at all what you are expecting. >:)

Let's hope it doesn't look like a cartoon game for 6yr olds and that someone at Capcom has some damned sense to change that horrible name. First Zak and Wiki, now Spyborgs?

Dascu

I'm expecting:
- New action game for the PS3/360/PC (probably Strider by the DMC team)
- Something "small-scale" for the Wii (Zack&Wiki 2? Megaman? Localization of TatsuCap?)
- Some downloadable stuff (MvsC2 and/or a new original/HD remix game)

What I definitely don't expect:
- Something BIG for the Wii
- Breath of Fire 6 (unless maaaaaybe on the DS or PSP. I wouldn't expect it to be announced here anyway)

CapKraig

happyfunball said:
Let's hope it doesn't look like a cartoon game for 6yr olds and that someone at Capcom has some damned sense to change that horrible name. First Zak and Wiki, now Spyborgs?

It's all in the context.

boontje

CapKraig said:
You know Spyborgs is exclusive-Wii, right?

Did you miss the whole outcry after the "Wii owners will be very happy" comment from one of your collegues only to be followed by the announcement of another outsourced rail shooter?

Chinner

Banned
Dead Rising 2 is going to OWN. Still, the mention of the motorcycle has perked my interest. Is it going to this new guys gimmick, just like how Frank had his camera?

Dascu

boontje said:
Did you miss the whole outcry after the "Wii owners will be very happy" comment from one of your collegues only to be followed by the announcement of another outsourced rail shooter?
Though it's not the RE4Wii-ish game a lot of people were hoping for, myself included, DarkSide Chronicles does look pretty good. It's solid support from Capcom.

Personally, I'd like a Devil May Cry Wii game, or even Strider Wii. Doubt either of them would ever happen though.

Sadist

Dascu said:
Though it's not the RE4Wii-ish game a lot of people were hoping for, myself included, DarkSide Chronicles does look pretty good. It's solid support from Capcom.

Personally, I'd like a Devil May Cry Wii game, or even Strider Wii. Doubt either of them would ever happen though.
Oh man, I would love a Devil May Cry for Wii. Finishers with the Wiimote, gunslinging with IR. I just hope Spyborgs won't dissapoint, because the devteam behind is actually good.

boontje

Dascu said:

Lets not forget the full context here. Capcom released Dead Rising on Wii, which was far from a quality effort, and at the same time released both Street Fighter IV and Resident Evil 5 on the HD platforms. On top of that they announced sequals to both Dead Rising and Lost Planet for the HD platforms as well. Within that context any sane person will not discribe an announcement to be something that will make Wii owners very happy unless it's something huge. And some onrails spinoff doesn't even come close to that magnitude.

Dascu

boontje said:
Lets not forget the full context here. Capcom released Dead Rising on Wii, which was far from a quality effort, and at the same time released both Street Fighter IV and Resident Evil 5 on the HD platforms. On top of that they announced sequals to both Dead Rising and Lost Planet for the HD platforms as well. Within that context any sane person will not discribe an announcement to be something that will make Wii owners very happy unless it's something huge. And some onrails spinoff doesn't even come close to that magnitude.
Definitely. But one should keep in mind that "very happy" in the PR sense of the word is definitely not the same as "very happy" in the Neogaf Wii gamer sense of the word. I'd love for some 3rd party support on the Wii on the same level as that for the HD platforms, but honestly, I have little hope for it now.

boontje

Dascu said:
Definitely. But one should keep in mind that "very happy" in the PR sense of the word is definitely not the same as "very happy" in the Neogaf Wii gamer sense of the word. I'd love for some 3rd party support on the Wii on the same level as that for the HD platforms, but honestly, I have little hope for it now.

Given the backlash I don't think it worked out well from a PR standpoint either.

Anyway, I am a bit surprised to see CapKraig react to Cow Mengde by pointing towards Spyborgs, almost like he is completely unaware of the reputation Capcom currently has among Wii owners.

Sadist

boontje said:
Anyway, I am a bit surprised to see CapKraig react to Cow Mengde by pointing towards Spyborgs, almost like he is completely unaware of the reputation Capcom currently has among Wii owners.
Well, Capcom thinks they are okay with the Wii audience now. Exactly, thinks.

wRATH2x

Banned
Capgod are going to deliver motherfuckers!!!

Please localize Edgeworth, reveal DMC5 and GS5, and announce some new games(Strider, MvC3 etc.).

beje

Banned
Sadist said:
Well, Capcom thinks they are okay with the Wii audience now. Exactly, thinks.
Most informed Wii owners feel pissed over by Capcom indeed, especially after the whole "we know you want high profile games and you started petitions and campaigns for them showing interest so here you have this quick crappy and cheaply made RE4 mod and a bunch of last gen direct ports with 0% improvement of games that most of you already have and even can play in the Wii"

wsippel

Banned
Teknoman said:
Since when did they start reworking Spyborgs?
Bionic replaced the Art Director in March 2008 if I remember correctly. Early 2008 would be my guess. The new Art Director is a former Ratchet & Clank Lead Artist (Lloyd Murphy), so adjust your expectations accordingly.

Sadist

beje said:
Most informed Wii owners feel pissed over by Capcom indeed, especially after the whole "we know you want high profile games and you started petitions and campaigns for them showing interest so here you have this quick crappy and cheaply made RE4 mod and a bunch of last gen direct ports with 0% improvement of games that most of you already have and even can play in the Wii"
To be really honest, Capcom isn't even that bad. But recent releases (Neopetzzz, Dead Rising CTYD and MotoGP Wii) are not of the quality which Capcom normally pushes on consoles. Especialy when you compare it to the PS3/360/PC output, but even their former Wii output is leagues better. Games like RE 4 Wii Edition, RE UC, Zack & Wiki and Okami are quality products on Wii. (Two out of four are ports, but quality ports nonetheless) Their quality should not slip. The reaction to Spyborgs was a sign of this, because the public outcry was huge. Its only a Capcom USA published product, but they got the signal.

Wii owners just feel that Capcom ignores them. Sure, Spyborgs, RE Darkside Chronicles and Monster Hunter 3 could turn out into great games. But still, Wii owners feel underwhelmed when other consoles get an good Dead Rising follow up, the next Lost Planet and more.

Scrubking

boontje said:

Capcom's PR is attrocious. It really is the worst I've ever seen. And I have no doubt that this Spyborgz hype will turn out to be another bust.

It's solid support from Capcom.
No.

boontje

Sadist said:
To be really honest, Capcom isn't even that bad. But recent releases (Neopetzzz, Dead Rising CTYD and MotoGP Wii) are not of the quality which Capcom normally pushes on consoles. Especialy when you compare it to the PS3/360/PC output, but even their former Wii output is leagues better. Games like RE 4 Wii Edition, RE UC, Zack & Wiki and Okami are quality products on Wii. (Two out of four are ports, but quality ports nonetheless) Their quality should not slip. The reaction to Spyborgs was a sign of this, because the public outcry was huge. Its only a Capcom USA published product, but they got the signal.

Wii owners just feel that Capcom ignores them. Sure, Spyborgs, RE Darkside Chronicles and Monster Hunter 3 could turn out into great games. But still, Wii owners feel underwhelmed when other consoles get an good Dead Rising follow up, the next Lost Planet and more.

This is exactly why it is so worrisome, the quality should improve over time, not diminish. And unless they show something big at Captivate there isn’t any signal the situation is currently improving. Actually I expect a shitload of complaints again if they don’t deliver anything for Wii but once again have one or more major announcements for the HD platforms.

Teknoman

abstract alien said:
Surprised no one has mentioned RE(2)make. Have we finally lost hope?

Pretty much...unless they do a full on U turn and head in the other direction concerning Wii stuff. Kinda hope Monster Hunter tri is a signal of that, because it looks amazing.

Sadist

boontje said:
This is exactly why it is so worrisome, the quality should improve over time, not diminish. And unless they show something big at Captivate there isn’t any signal the situation is currently improving. Actually I expect a shitload of complaints again if they don’t deliver anything for Wii but once again have one or more major announcements for the HD platforms.
To be fair, their only announcement last year at Captivate was Spyborgs and it went trough the shitstorm machine.

beje

Banned
Sadist said:
To be fair, their only announcement last year at Captivate was Spyborgs and it went trough the shitstorm machine.

...because the only thing they had (aside MH3 which has a lot of chances to stay Japan only) was a 3 months old pre-pre-alpha of something completely uninteresting resembling a bad Pixar/Dreamworks film.

CapKraig said:
You know Spyborgs is exclusive-Wii, right?

Megaton!!!

All over my face!!!

EXXXXXXXIIIICCCCCCTTTTEEEEEEE!!!!

Wait, wrong thread.

You know the fact that Capcom has to rely on a game unveiled a year ago as hype for the Wii; while the other consoles are getting brand new games should tell you a lot.

Oh, and ignore is too kind of a description if you ask me. Let's not forget that Capcom is giving us ports of Gamecube games that can already be played on the Wii as support.

Capcom's PR is attrocious. It really is the worst I've ever seen. And I have no doubt that this Spyborgz hype will turn out to be another bust.

I seriously laughed for like 3 minutes when I realize CapKraig was actually someone from Capcom. I mean, really, he's either that unaware, or seriously expects Wii owners to be excited over an OLD game while new games for other consoles everywhere.

As a Wii fan, I actually look forward to the outcry and hatred that'll eventually spawn from this. I don't know why. Probably because this will be more fun than any Capcom game that'll ever be made for the Wii.

Rlan

They've specified in the Giant Bombcast Capcom episode that they have several Digital download games in the plans. 2008 had Capcom release Rocketmen, and then a steady monthly release with Commando 3, 1942 Joint Strike, Bionic Commando Rearmed, Megaman 9, Age Of Booty, Street Fighter II HD Remix and the much delayed Flock, which was meant to be released in December but got delayed till last week.

All of those titles, with the exception of Mega Man 9, were released the year before. It appears that Capcom are probably taking on a much shorter cycle between announcement and release this year, like a lot of other companies are doing. Frustrates me to hell, but what can you do.

Backbone seem pretty busy with Hudson stuff at the moment, so it will be interesting to see what comes out of them in terms of backlog. Outside of the Marvel Vs Capcom 2 rumor (GOD DAMN IT I NEED A FIGHTPAD OR TWO RIGHT NOW) we've had no inkling of what they're up to.

radcliff

Hopefully they announce Virtual Console Arcade support. I think this could be the announcement that would not surprise anyone.

JDSN

Banned
Spyborgs is still gonna look bad isnt it? :lol

boontje said:

Well if theres anything that characterizes Capcom when it comes to the Wii is their deliberate unawareness.

Shiggy said:

Hope not, aside from Dog and Ninja girl everything looks bad.

radcliff said:
Hopefully they announce Virtual Console Arcade support. I think this could be the announcement that would not surprise anyone.

Alien Vs Predator!!!!

Wait, that would be too good for Wii.

Top Bottom