• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CAPTIVATE 09 - Trailers/News/New Games on April 29

Guled

beje said:
yet again you fail to see my point with that last example. Requesting better support =/= requesting games from other platforms. I give up on reasoning and leave this discussion as finished from my part. You can really keep your narrow-minded arguments about wii owners wanting 360 games in their system for yourself. Good night, going to bed.
its not about wii getting 360 games, but people complaining about companies making games for their system

Chemo

Volcynika said:
Nice, your retort to what I said with

"Last time they did that, no one bought the game. Capcom is perfectly capable of doing what they need to do to be successful."

Is a piss-poor argument.

"Last time they made a good game for ____, it didn't sell!"
It's actually a pretty spot-on argument. You can hate it all you want, but companies do not manufacture games when they think that they're going to be massive financial failures.

Outside of a few judgmental missteps like Z&W, though Capcom knows what they're doing... far more than you or I do... and apparently they have zero intention of going balls to the wall with Wii development. They obviously prefer the HD machines for one reason or another. This is something you and beje and everyone on this whiner raft are going to have to deal with, and being a dick to me isn't going to dry any eyes.

Volcynika

Chemo said:
It's actually a pretty spot-on argument. You can hate it all you want, but companies do not manufacture games when they think that they're going to be massive financial failures.

Outside of a few judgmental missteps like Z&W, though Capcom knows what they're doing... far more than you or I do... and apparently they have zero intention of going balls to the wall with Wii development. They obviously prefer the HD machines for one reason or another. This is something you and beje and everyone on this whiner raft are going to have to deal with, and being a dick to me isn't going to dry any eyes.

:lol

Saying I'm on the "whiner raft" when I made one simple comment. Bravo.

"I think they should step up their Wii game"

"WHINER!"

Fantastical

Death Prophet
RiZ III said:
Can't wait to see Lost Planet 2 :D
Me too. Probably what I'm most excited to see. The co-op sounds awesome and they really don't need to change the multiplayer much to please me. I loved it in the first.

Chairhome

Capcom_unity's twitter says that CAPTIVATE '09 has started. Won't be very much info unless it leaks, since there will be embargos on most of the info until the 29th. tu4ar.com has a countdown clock that ends on the 27th, though. 99% sure it will be MvC2.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Eteric Rice said:
That's beside the point. Some people don't want to buy another system.

Why not?

There's a difference between "I want <game x> but not enough to buy the system, this sucks :("--I have sympathy for that person--and "I want <a> and <b> and <c> and <d> and <e> and <f> and <g> and <h> and <i> and <j> and <k> and <l> and <m> but not enough to buy the system!"

I've seen some people, who want RE5, Mirror's Edge, Dead Space, Bionic Commando, Street Fighter, Tales, FFXIII, Lost Planet, Dead Rising, BioShock, yadda yadda yadda... and I'm thinking--what's the point at which a system becomes a good buy for you?

Like I said, all the sympathy in the world for someone who really doesn't have a use for a console but wants a game or two on it. No sympathy at all for people who want the whole library of another system but would rather complain than buy it.

I think Capcom should step up their Wii game, but I'm very happy because I've played all the Capcom titles I wanted to play this gen on systems they have stepped up their game on. Same goes for Square Enix. Same goes for Konami. Same goes for literally every publisher--I buy systems based on games, not games based on systems.

Scrubking

pakkit said:
It's as if the Wii whiners forgot we're getting Monster Hunter Tri.

Why do people always insist on bringing up MH3 when Wii gamers point out Capcom's horrible Wii output? It's like they want us to believe that one game makes up for all of the AAA games the Wii didn't get and won't get (7 or 8? I lost count). It doesn't. It doesn't even begin to make up for it.

pakkit

Banned
Scrubking said:
Why do people always insist on bringing up MH3 when Wii gamers point out Capcom's horrible Wii output? It's like they want us to believe that one game makes up for all of the AAA games the Wii didn't get and won't get (7 or 8? I lost count). It doesn't. It doesn't even begin to make up for it.
Zack & Wiki

RE: UC and DC, even though they aren't my cup of tea

Okami, rebuilt for the Wii

Megaman 9

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, a Wii exclusive fighting game (if you don't import, you have only yourself to blame)

and then we have Spyborgs, a game we know very little about (other than that they're rebuilding it after its poor showing, which is proof-positive that this isn't some shovelware P.O.S.).

I admit that Capcom's output on the HD consoles is beyond their output on the Wii platform, but I wouldn't dismiss Capcom's output on the console as "shitty." They've proven that they can build great experiences on the Wii platform.

Septimus

Just having one console isn't as viable as it was last gen. Any serious (Wii) gamer needs at least one other console to complement it.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Scrubking said:
Why do they need to make up for anything?

I think you're also ignoring the fact that they're still one of the only third parties giving any level of serious support to the system.

If you keep trashing the only developers who even bother with your favorite platform you're not going to get anywhere.

I mean, would you prefer if Capcom just entirely ignored the system instead? The way you talk about them it really seems you would.

Askia47

I wonder what new games they are announcing. I know they will announce MvC2, but I interested in the other stuff planned.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I really want to see LP2 because I'm getting into mohun and it looks like it is cool...

pakkit

Banned
Septimus said:
Just having one console isn't as viable as it was last gen. Any serious (Wii) gamer needs at least one other console to complement it.
Why'd you add the word Wii? :lol

I agree with you, I'm just poor and can't afford more than one console.

Sadist

Nirolak said:
Why do they need to make up for anything?

I think you're also ignoring the fact that they're still one of the only third parties giving any level of serious support to the system.

If you keep trashing the only developers who even bother with your favorite platform you're not going to get anywhere.

I mean, would you prefer if Capcom just entirely ignored the system instead? The way you talk about them it really seems you would.
Some Wii owners (one of them would be me) are a bit concerned about the recent output on the Wii. RE 4 Wii, Z&W, RE UC and Okami are fine. We Love Golf is quite nice as well. Compare those to Neopetz, Moto GP 08 Wii and Dead Rising CTYD. Notice the fall in quality, which isn't like Capcom at all. Ik know there is RE DC and maybe MH Tri (Not officialy announced for a western release) will hit the console, but you become a bit weary after those last three games and for a good reason. Have faith in Spyborgs though.

Linkified

I presume viewtiful joe is still owned by capcom if so I'd kill for them to announce a viewtiful joe episodic series for pc/360/ps3.

I would literally die with joy. :D

Dascu

Linkified said:
I presume viewtiful joe is still owned by capcom if so I'd kill for them to announce a viewtiful joe episodic series for pc/360/ps3.

No Platinum Games, no buy.

Linkified said:

Don't count on seeing a new version of any of Clover's games anytime soon

1UP: Regarding the former Clover Studio's properties -- Viewtiful Joe, God Hand, Okami -- what will you do with them?

KI: At this time, we have no plans of making sequels to any of those properties. I can't say we won't, for certain, but it's not very likely or appealing. If we had no other properties to depend on for making new games, we might be desperate enough to create sequels to those titles, but that's not the case. We have a lot of titles that we want to make and other sequels that are waiting to be made. So, there's no interest at the moment.

1UP: But Capcom owns the rights to Clover Studios' intellectual properties, right?

KI: Yes. But, we're just not interested in them.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3171986

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
JDSN said:
I guess this means the Spyborgs video represents the final art from the game. Doesnt look like there was that much revamping going on.
Shiggy posted this up in the other thread:

1905106_557x304.jpg

It's not say, a complete change from non-photorealistic to photorealistic, but I'd still say it's a fairly large change.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Scrubking said:
Why do people always insist on bringing up MH3 when Wii gamers point out Capcom's horrible Wii output?

Name one third-party that has better Wii output than Capcom.

Just one.

A single, solitary company.

ZealousD

Dascu said:

I guess if we included games produced by outside developers, than Sega is arguable, now that you mention it. But even then, lots of the stuff Sega is pushing out is crap, like Nights or Sonic and the Black Night.

The point that I'm trying to make is that Capcom is treating the system better than almost anybody in the industry, and so people bitching about Capcom's input into the system really need to point their anger towards other companies.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
ZealousD said:
Name one third-party that has better Wii output than Capcom.

Just one.

A single, solitary company.

In terms of support the last year, year and a half? Sega, maybe EA.

ZealousD

schuelma said:
Sega, maybe EA.

I've already conceded Sega, but EA certainly not. The vast majority of EA's games on the system are sports games, the kind of games that if they weren't on the system it almost wouldn't even be relevant. After that, it's kids games, licensed games, lazy ports, and Boom Blox.

schuelma

ZealousD said:
I've already conceded Sega, but EA certainly not. The vast majority of EA's games on the system are sports games, the kind of games that if they weren't on the system it almost wouldn't even be relevant. After that, it's kids games, licensed games, lazy ports, and Boom Blox.

I guess it depends on your preference, but for me Tiger Woods and Grand Slam Tennis is more appealing than anything Capcom's put out on Wii in a long long time. I think sports games should certainly count if they are done very well.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Dascu said:
I'd argue they're pretty even so far honestly:

Capcom:
-Monster Hunter 3 (Unreleased)
-Tatsunoko vs. Capcom
-Zack & Wiki
-Spyborgs (Unreleased)
-Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
-Resident Evil: Dark Side Chronicles (Unreleased)
-Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
-Mega Man 9
-Okami
-We Love Golf!
-Sengoku Basara 2 (Devil Kings 2)
-RE0/RE1 Wii Ports
-Dead Rising: Chop Til You Drop
-Neopets Puzzle Adventure

Sega:
-MadWorld
-The Conduit (Unreleased)
-House of the Dead: Overkill
-Sonic and the Secret Rings
-Sonic and the Black Knight
-Mario & Sonic At The Olympics
-Mario & Sonic At The Winter Olympics (Unreleased)
-House of the Dead 2/3 Ports
-Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz
-Bleach: Shattered Blade
-Virtua Tennis 2009
-Various Movie Licensed Games

schuelma

Nirolak said:
I'd argue they're pretty even so far honestly:

If we're talking about software readily available in regions other than Japan, I don't see how you can include TvC.

ZealousD

schuelma said:
I guess it depends on your preference, but for me Tiger Woods and Grand Slam Tennis is more appealing than anything Capcom's put out on Wii in a long long time. I think sports games should certainly count if they are done very well.

Those games aren't out yet, so who knows how good they actually are.

Even if you think EA's output on the Wii is good, you still have to concede it's nothing compared to what they're doing on the HD systems. They're so much bigger than Capcom that we shouldn't even be discussing whether or not their output is better or not.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
schuelma said:
If we're talking about software readily available in regions other than Japan, I don't see how you can include TvC.
Well, technically ZealousD didn't specify that and MadWorld isn't available in Japan so we could argue for removing that as well based on a worldwide perspective.

Top Bottom