• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CAPTIVATE 09 - Trailers/News/New Games on April 29

Phthisis

Scrubking said:
Capcom's PR is attrocious. It really is the worst I've ever seen. And I have no doubt that this Spyborgz hype will turn out to be another bust.

Capcom's PR is actually really good. Have you ever had to interface with Capcom's PR? Have you ever talked to Kramer or Tim or Seth? They're all quality dudes who work pretty damn hard.

That comment is incredibly rude of you, especially since you have one of Capcom's employees interfacing with everyone in this thread. No need to throw a tantrum about your console; maybe you could show some geniality and act like a normal human being to Kraig? You might learn something about Spyborgs that you didn't know before if you asked nicely.

Sadist

Cow Mengde said:
Oh, and ignore is too kind of a description if you ask me. Let's not forget that Capcom is giving us ports of Gamecube games that can already be played on the Wii as support.

Does this picture describe it better?

southparkindy2.jpg

Scrubking

beje said:
...because the only thing they had (aside MH3 which has a lot of chances to stay Japan only) was a 3 months old pre-pre-alpha of something completely uninteresting resembling a bad Pixar/Dreamworks film.

Also because they actually thought that annoucing their (horrible), Wii support, right after games like RE5, BC, DV and SF4 was a great idea.

Capcom's PR is actually really good. Have you ever had to interface with Capcom's PR? Have you ever talked to Kramer or Tim or Seth? They're all quality dudes who work pretty damn hard.

That comment is incredibly rude of you, especially since you have one of Capcom's employees interfacing with everyone in this thread. No need to throw a tantrum about your console; maybe you could show some geniality and act like a normal human being to Kraig? You might learn something about Spyborgs that you didn't know before if you asked nicely.

You look like you have some developer worship issues. You might want to get that checked out.

And yes. I interface with Capcom's PR everytime I visit the Unity forum and face a barrage of lies, double talk, spin, patronization and animosity from Svensson.

And before someone turns this into a Wii thing. Just go to the unity boards and see how people who want to talk about their RE5 DLC are treated.

Chinner

Banned
Phthisis said:

no but you see hte nintendo wii is the best thing ever and they dont talk to wii fans so its pretty bad

beje

Banned
Phthisis said:

IMHO, Capcom's PR about Dead Rising CTYD was pretty insulting to our intelligence, especially the blog-interview where they went all damage control and treated Wii owners as whiney bitches and told atrocious lies like the game using a brand new engine when it has the same control, feel, animations, physics and limitations of RE4. Still waiting an apologize for that one.

beje said:
treated Wii owners as whiney bitches

Honest question: Do people think that if a HUGE franchise was pulled from the PS3/360 and made Wii exclusive while giving the HD consoles get leftover garbage, the HD twins fans would actually sit down quietly and enjoy the shit they're given?

beje

Banned
Cow Mengde said:
Honest question: Do people think that if a HUGE franchise was pulled from the PS3/360 and made Wii exclusive while giving the HD consoles get leftover garbage, the HD twins fans would actually sit down quietly and enjoy the shit they're given?

You can have good support for everyone, you know, it's a matter of will and money but it's a shame half third parties lack the former.

I meant they treated us like whiney bitches in the sense that they implied we should be grateful that the oh-almighty-capcom decided to give us some outsourced leftovers with a laughable budget and that we had to buy it like mindless sheep instead of voicing we didn't want that bad excuse for a game.

It's a shame that fanboys that would swalow anything with Capcom branded over it bought it, as it deserved 0 sales.

Phthisis

Scrubking said:
You look like you have some developer worship issues. You might want to get that checked out.

Actually, I just happen to know them in real life. Y'know, the place where you treat people like people?

And yes. I interface with Capcom's PR everytime I visit the Unity forum and face a barrage of lies, double talk, spin, patronization and animosity from Svensson.

I meant professionally.

beje said:
I meant they treated us like whiney bitches in the sense that they implied we should be grateful that the oh-almighty-capcom decided to give us some outsourced leftovers with a laughable budget.

I understand exactly what you mean. My original question wasn't aimed at you, more like just adding to what you were saying. They call Wii owners a bunch of whiney bitches, and I sure as hell don't think the HD owners will shut up if Capcom suddenly pulled all their support and gave them trash.

Very interested in more LP2 and DR2. Dark Void seems to be the albino in the litter so to speak but the announcement of Brear Mcrearys involvement; even if it's limited to something as simple as the music makes me a little more interested in the game.

eso76

Strider 2d remake and 3d sequel by the team that did DMC4 would be perfect.
Just don't focus too much on huge moveslists and combos, rather on acrobatics and unique settings. I understand that keeping hiryu's 'climb everywhere' ability will cause a few problems for camera and controls, but capcom can do it..

Also, is the team behind dark void the same who did crimson skies or did i just misunderstand ? the trailers left me underwhelmed, but if so i'm definately interested.

Phthisis said:

Dude, we have nothing against the PR people at Capcom. I don't know these people personally, and they probably are damn swell people. Does that change the fact that they repeatedly insult us? They are the ones who go out of their way to piss people off; spouting lies, hurling insults, and generally treating us like garbage. But hey, you know what, they're swell people, so lets clam up so they can insult us some more, because, dammit, they are swell people.

Hell, in some ways, I do feel bad for Kraig. Now, I haven't seen him insult the Wii audience, but boy he's probably going to hear an ear full once Craptivate 09 is over for Wii fans. I mean, the guy's surrounded on all sides, and all he can do to shield himself is with a year old game hoping nobody would notice all the other big name new games being revealed for other systems. It's sad. I don't think the PR folks deserve to be hated, but since they're representatives from Capcom, they're going to have to hold off a bunch of angry people.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Dark FaZe said:
Very interested in more LP2 and DR2. Dark Void seems to be the albino in the litter so to speak but the announcement of Brear Mcrearys involvement; even if it's limited to something as simple as the music makes me a little more interested in the game.
Dark Void has a lot of Crimson Skies influences, believe it or not. It is definitely on my radar.

DMeisterJ

Banned
aerts1js said:
Monster Hunter Portable 3?

Nooooooooo... Wish for DMC Portable or RE portable. RE is on every console except for PSP this gen. fuck a MH PSP announcement which we already know is coming.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
aerts1js said:
Monster Hunter Portable 3?

Yes, they're going to announced MHP3 in its weakest market 2-3 months before the console version arrives in Japan.

aerts1js

Yes, they're going to announced MHP3 in its weakest market 2-3 months before the console version arrives in Japan.

Capcom has dumber things in the past.....*cough* resident evil 4 ps2 announcement *cough*

Nemesis_

I think a lot of people are lumping most of Svensson's moronic actions with the rest of Capcom's PR team, who are quite frankly fantastic. The team at Capcom Europe in particular are friendly and almost always help you out and don't bullshit and/or lie.

The Unity boards have lost a lot of respect for me about how they're treating the RE5 DLC issues. Locking topics and not even letting someone else respond - it's ridiculous. I know my respect isn't heaps, but I am sure that there's a lot of people who agree with me.

Snow is awesome though. ^_^

Regarding CAPTIVATE - What do Capcom actually have coming out this year? Bionic Commando + Dark Void? (and maybe Darkside?) Doesn't seem like a huge line up or overly amazing one either. Perhaps I'm just a little spoiled with RE5 and Street Fighter coming within a month of each other. :D

wsippel

Banned
Phthisis said:
You know, I absolutely believe this is true. I don't think those guys are assholes or that they do a bad job. And most importantly: They have to deal with shit they haven't caused. It's not their fault that Capcoms Wii support is nothing to write home about, but they have to deal with the outcry. And I'm sorry for them. Thing is: They could try to be more honest, or simply say nothing at all about it. But if Capcom truely has nothing in the pipeline for those people whining, they should just go ahead and say it. Not mention Resident Evil Chronicles as a counter argument, because that's obviously not what the people bitching on the Unity board and everywhere else want. It's not like they didn't know about these games - they just don't want them. They want something else. And they want to know if there's any reason to still wait for Capcom to deliver, because they actually care - or else they'd simply go elsewhere and ignore Capcom. If Capcom doesn't want to be ignored, they should do something, or simply accept it if fans give up and leave. And mentioning PS2 ports or rail shooters won't help, even if those games are great for what they are. It'll make things worse. Capcom already became some sort if joke in the industry. "It's not a PS2 port" and "it's not a rail shooter" are features these days. Stuff other developers mention to make fun of Capcom.

I, personally, stopped caring a while ago, at least when it comes to Wii games. I'm still interested in Spyborgs, because I believe Bionic is a capable developer and deserves my attention. But other than that, I'll look for my gaming fix elsewhere. If Capcom announces something worthwhile, I'll be there day one. But I don't expect anything anymore in that regard, and I won't listen to anything Capcom's PR guys say about their Wii support until they actually show something.

This entire thread is a train wreck.

Anyway, Capcom are killing it this gen, and long may it continue. Can't wait to see what they have in store for us.

Guled

beje said:
You can have good support for everyone, you know, it's a matter of will and money but it's a shame half third parties lack the former.

I meant they treated us like whiney bitches in the sense that they implied we should be grateful that the oh-almighty-capcom decided to give us some outsourced leftovers with a laughable budget and that we had to buy it like mindless sheep instead of voicing we didn't want that bad excuse for a game.

It's a shame that fanboys that would swalow anything with Capcom branded over it bought it, as it deserved 0 sales.
stop whining and get a 360, its only 200$

Eteric Rice

Cow Mengde said:
Dude, we have nothing against the PR people at Capcom. I don't know these people personally, and they probably are damn swell people. Does that change the fact that they repeatedly insult us? They are the ones who go out of their way to piss people off; spouting lies, hurling insults, and generally treating us like garbage. But hey, you know what, they're swell people, so lets clam up so they can insult us some more, because, dammit, they are swell people.

Hell, in some ways, I do feel bad for Kraig. Now, I haven't seen him insult the Wii audience, but boy he's probably going to hear an ear full once Craptivate 09 is over for Wii fans. I mean, the guy's surrounded on all sides, and all he can do to shield himself is with a year old game hoping nobody would notice all the other big name new games being revealed for other systems. It's sad. I don't think the PR folks deserve to be hated, but since they're representatives from Capcom, they're going to have to hold off a bunch of angry people.

This. There's really no rebuttal that they could use to fend off Wii owners at this point. They should pretty much just say that they don't have anything that we want at the moment. That's all they have to say, and the anger would probably dissapear (mostly).

Guled said:

That's beside the point. Some people don't want to buy another system.

Eteric Rice said:
They should pretty much just say that they don't have anything that we want at the moment. That's all they have to say, and the anger would probably dissapear (mostly).

You know this anger you speak of would not go anywhere if they said that.

plus, most of you have PC's already, and KB/M is just as good as the wiimote.

Chemo

beje said:
Of course you should be grateful. They could give you nothing, and instead they've given you the fantastic Zack & Wiki and the (in my opinion) underrated Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles. You are also getting The Darkside Chronicles, which looks fucking rad. You also have what many people feel is the superior version of RE4 (I disagree, I feel that the GameCube version is the best, but that's for a different thread).

If you want these other Capcom games, you are going to need to pick up a PS3 or a 360. That's just how it is.

Eteric Rice

velvet_nitemare said:
You know this anger you speak of would not go anywhere if they said that.

plus, most of you have PC's already, and KB/M is just as good as the wiimote.

A lot of it likely would. They need to stop hyping shit like Spyborgs and RE:DSC. At least be honest and say, "Yeah, we have a thing or two, but don't get overly excited."

Most of the backlash came because of the "Wii owners are going to be very happy" bullshit.

Chemo said:
Of course you should be grateful. They could give you nothing, and instead they've given you the fantastic Zack & Wiki and the (in my opinion) underrated Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles. You are also getting The Darkside Chronicles, which looks fucking rad. You also have what many people feel is the superior version of RE4 (I disagree, I feel that the GameCube version is the best, but that's for a different thread).

If you want these other Capcom games, you are going to need to pick up a PS3 or a 360. That's just how it is.

Most wouldn't be complaining if the Wii were getting games that were half as good looking. You can defend with MH3, RE Rail games, etc. But you're always going to be trying to convince people that this is good in comparison to RE5, Dark Void, Bionic Command, LP2, DR2, etc.

There really isn't a comparison.

Zenith

Banned
Phthisis said:

Not really, it's fairly normal. Some good stuff mixed in with some insulting. Typical PR of any company really. Dev worship issues indeed.

beje

Banned
Guled said:

I already have a pretty capable PC that leaves the Xbox360 in diapers, where I can play like 90% of the interesting 360 games at half price point, thank you.

beje said:
I already have a pretty capable PC that leaves the Xbox360 in diapers, where I can play like 90% of the interesting 360 games at half price point, thank you.

*high fives beje*

I also have an 8800GS that I spent only 90 dollars on and it spanks the 360 upside the ass.

Guled

Eteric Rice said:
if they are not going to buy the system that has the games they want then they need to stop whining
beje said:
So why are you crying over the support for wii if you can still play all the great games they put out

beje

Banned
Guled said:
So why are you crying over the support for wii if you can still play all the great games they put out
Because I also like to see support for my main gaming platform, and by support I don't mean RE5, SF4 and DR2 ports (in fact, I'm not even slightiest interested in them) but just high quality original (as in not last gen remakes) games, something they have failed to deliver since Z&W

Volcynika said:
I own a PS3 and a gaming PC and still think they should step up their Wii game.

There's a difference between that and what's been going on in this thread. I own all 3 consoles, and think it'd be cool if Capcom did something good on the Wii, they're one of my fave devs and Lord knows they are more capable that most other devs, but since they choose not to, so be it. Buy the Capcom games you like for the platforms you have.

Last i checked, no one is claiming KB/M is inferior to the Wiimote, unlike the exaggerated unplayability of dual analog games.

Guled

beje said:
Because I also like to see support for my main gaming platform, and by support I don't mean RE5 and DR2 ports (in fact, I'm not even slightiest interested in them) but just high quality original (as in not last gen remakes) games, something they have failed to deliver since Z&W
this is were you an I differ, I don't pick a console and beg developers to make games for it. A console is just a tool used to play games, so I only buy the ones that has the games I want to buy since I am a fan of video games and not the console manufactures.

Phthisis

Guled said:
this is were you an I differ, I don't pick a console and beg developers to make games for it. A console is just a tool used to play games, so I only buy the ones that has the games I want to buy since I am a fan of video games and not the console manufactures.

But most of GAF doesn't do this for some bizarre inexplicable reason.

"A console is an investment!"

Stop. No, it's not. It's a machine used to play games.

Guled said:

Wii owners aren't begging Capcom for anything. They're telling them to give us something good, or get out. We don't want your support. We don't want to pretend we care for Spyborgs or Dark Side Chronicles or Gamecube ports with no improvements. I think some would be happy if those games were canceled. Capcom's only using the Wii fanbase for tests and ports of unwanted games.

beje

Banned
Guled said:
hmm that's in fact the same main reason I chose the Wii and I really don't know where do you base your post to attack me as a manufacturer fanboy as I was a PS2 user last gen. If I had to "survive" with one of the HD twins or just the PC I would be pretty much screwed and bored. My point is that I have right and voice to complain when a company fails to deliver quality games, especially when they are capable. "Go buy another system" is not a valid argument as I have plenty of other games to enjoy.

Guled

beje said:
hmm that's in fact the same main reason I chose the Wii and I really don't know where do you base your post to attack me as a manufacturer fanboy as I was a PS2 user last gen. If I had to "survive" with one of the HD twins or just the PC I would be pretty much screwed and bored. My point is that I have right and voice to complain when a company fails to deliver quality games, especially when they are capable. "Go buy another system" is not a valid argument as I have plenty of other games to enjoy.

if you have plenty of other games to enjoy go play them instead of bitching on the internet about capcom's wii support. Its not you that I'm really attacking but the whole mentality that companies should be forced to make games for the system you own. fanboys should not get to pick what console a game gets made on, people who spend years making the game and investing millions of dollars should. That kind of thinking is what ruins a thread like this. If a company is making games on a system you don't own either buy the system or stfu. how would you feel if every SMG thread was filled with people bitching about why its not being made for gamecube

Chemo

Volcynika said:
I own a PS3 and a gaming PC and still think they should step up their Wii game.
Last time they did that, no one bought the game. Capcom is perfectly capable of doing what they need to do to be successful.

beje said:
Because I also like to see support for my main gaming platform, and by support I don't mean RE5 and DR2 ports (in fact, I'm not even slightiest interested in them) but just high quality original (as in not last gen remakes) games, something they have failed to deliver since Z&W
All I can say is too bad. This kind of mentality is middle school lunch room shit... you should have picked "main gaming platforms" more carefully if you're that busted up about Capcom (which I don't actually think you are, since you clearly state that you aren't interested in many of their titles).

Cow Mengde said:
Wii owners aren't begging Capcom for anything. They're telling them to give us something good, or get out. We don't want your support. We don't want to pretend we care for Spyborgs or Dark Side Chronicles or Gamecube ports with no improvements. I think some would be happy if those games were canceled. Capcom's only using the Wii fanbase for tests and ports of unwanted games.
It's not their fault you aren't into Darkside Chronicles. It is Wii owners' faults, however, that Zack & Wiki sold like shit, and you'll have no one to blame but your fellow Wii owners if Monster Hunter 3 bombs out too.

Capcom is a business, and it clearly makes better business sense to them to put out ports and light gun shooters on the Wii than it is for them to move their major mainline franchises onto it, or else they would have made the transition by now.

beje said:
It absolutely is, if you are complaining about wanting to play Capcom games. The lion's share of their titles are on the PlayStation 3 and the Xbox 360. If you want to play those games, you will need to play them on one of those machines, or on your gaming PC. Capcom has no obligations to you or other Wii owners whatsoever, and getting an inflated sense of entitlement about it doesn't do anything but make you look fanboyish.

Volcynika

Chemo said:
Last time they did that, no one bought the game. Capcom is perfectly capable of doing what they need to do to be successful.

If you really expected Zak and Wiki to sell well no matter what platform it was on, you'd be crazier than most people.

beje

Banned
Guled said:
if you have plenty of other games to enjoy go play them instead of bitching on the internet about capcom's wii support. Its not you that I'm really attacking but the whole mentality that companies should be forced to make games for the system you own. fanboys should not get to pick what console a game gets made on, people who spend years making the game and investing millions of dollars should. That kind of thinking is what ruins a thread like this. If a company is making games on a system you don't own either buy the system or stfu. how would you feel if every SMG thread was filled with people bitching about why its not being made for gamecube
yet again you fail to see my point with that last example. Requesting better support =/= requesting games from other platforms. I give up on reasoning and leave this discussion as finished from my part. You can really keep your narrow-minded arguments about wii owners wanting 360 games in their system for yourself. Good night, going to bed.

Threi

notag
*ignores pointless discussion in thread*

damn I hope they announce MvC3 (which runs on the TvC engine)

do it Capcom.

DO IT.

Chemo

Volcynika said:
If you really expected Zak and Wiki to sell well no matter what platform it was on, you'd be crazier than most people.
Nice, turn my level-headed assessment of fanboy bullshit around into me being a crazy person because I clearly said I expected it to blow up on another platform. Excellent job.

Volcynika

Chemo said:
Nice, turn my level-headed assessment of fanboy bullshit around into me being a crazy person because I clearly said I expected it to blow up on another platform. Excellent job.

Nice, your retort to what I said with

"Last time they did that, no one bought the game. Capcom is perfectly capable of doing what they need to do to be successful."

Is a piss-poor argument.

"Last time they made a good game for ____, it didn't sell!"

I said to step up their Wii game, and that's what you responded with. So instead, to be successful, they just don't need to put too much effort into the games they're developing instead of just stopping Wii development altogether? I'd think it would be more logical just to not pour resources into something like that if you don't expect much on the return.

Top Bottom