• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Carrie Fisher Dies at 60

Status
Not open for further replies.
They wouldn't be able to do anything like that till 9 as she filmed for multiple months on Episode 8 and has an active role in the film.

Seeing how she didn't die mid-production like Paul Walker but after the film had wrapped they aren't likely going to go back and rework the movie. Any sort of writing her out won't happen in 8 but would be in 9.

You don't think that depending on the circumstances, they may alter it?

Say, what if she dies in Ep 8? It's entirely possible they might find it inappropriate to film an on screen death so shortly after.

Of course not that I necessarily agree...

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I've felt sick to my stomach all day, the first celebrity death that's ever affected me like this.

It's my second time, after Nimoy last year. This one is... hurting me more, though. I know why -- the events of this year in my life. And her books, their ability to instill hope in me back in August when I needed it most.

We'll talk, man. We're all here for you. And me. Heh.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
i can't process this

i'm done

i'm actually done

Miracle

At least now she has become more powerful then we can possibly imagine. Also, found this quote on Reddit by her:

no matter how I go, I want it reported that I drowned in moonlight, strangled by my own bra.
- Carrie Fisher

So shall it be! XD

jb1234

It's my second time, after Nimoy last year. This one is... hurting me more, though. I know why -- the events of this year in my life. And her books, their ability to instill hope in me back in August when I needed it most.

We'll talk, man. We're all here for you. And me. Heh.

A lot of it is her well-publicized battles with her mental health, something I deeply relate to. She became a beacon, that no matter how bad it gets, she's still fighting and she's still here. And now she's not.

If she does pass away in the trilogy, I think that should be what makes Kylo turn. I want Leia's legacy to really inspire great change and to make the galaxy a better place.

kaiju

I'm sure I'm not alone in saying this, but Leia was my first on-screen crush.

R.I.P. Carrie Fisher

carrie-fisher-07.jpg

SpaceWolf

Banned
If she does pass away in the trilogy, I think that should be what makes Kylo turn. I want Leia's legacy to really inspire great change and to make the galaxy a better place.

I really wouldn't want this. Kylo has made his choice. I don't want another re-tread of Darth Vader's character arc.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
A lot of it is her well-publicized battles with her mental health, something I deeply relate to. She became a beacon, that no matter how bad it gets, she's still fighting and she's still here. And now she's not.

I know, my friend.

We have to be that beacon now.

Maximus P

I was just watching the big bang theory episode with her and Earl Jones in when a friend texted me about this. :-(

This is terrible.

R.I.P Carrie

Linkyn

She's one with the force now.

I went to see Rogue One tonight. Phones off during the movie and found out as the credits were rolling, just after
seeing young Leia talk about hope on-screen
. Pretty surreal

Speevy

Banned
I really wouldn't want this. Kylo has made his choice. I don't want another re-tread of Darth Vader's character arc.

Maybe Snoke has the base where she is destroyed, but instead of demoralizing everyone, it galvanizes rebellions elsewhere, or brings secret Jedi out of hiding.

Jumeira

Banned
RIP Carrie, awful news, I'm just miserable ATM. Holy shit this just makes the rest of my week really difficult, my condolences go to her loving family.

Jhoan

Wow! She had a massive line every day at New York Comic Con! Lines went on well past the time that the area closed at. She was wearing black sunglasses and signed a bunch of my coworkers' shirts. It's crazy that she was just on Colbert last month and looked in good spirits with her Boston Terrier. 2016 has lost some big celebrities.

Flare

Man this year has been absolutely depressing setting these stars I grew up with pass away. I hope that she can rest now in peace.

Cheebo

Banned
If Leia doesn't, will they have to make reshoots/re writes to kill the character of on VIII?

Why would they have to change it? Production has wrapped. That is an issue for 9 not 8. Williams has already started work on the Episode VIII score, the movie is already being edited. It's already in the post-production phase.

They didn't change The Dark Knight to kill off the Joker after Ledger died, they just didn't use him in the next one (the original plan was to bring Joker back).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom