• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Carrie Fisher Dies at 60

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodnight our sweet princess. There is one less star burning bright in our galaxy today; but, forever it will shine on from one far, far, away.

My heart is broken for Debbie, Billie, and Gary.

I've been fortunate enough to get close to many in the Lucasfilm family and I feel for my friends that have to go back to work in the coming days on her final performance. They have a heavy burden on their shoulders.

Thank you Carrie for contributing to the best childhood a young boy could ever have.

Joeytj

Banned
Honestly, I have mixed feelings about a possible Leia CGI in Episode IX.

I don't want a Tarkin-esque Carrie Fisher for more than a second or two because they might botch it up too much.

But, on the other hand, I want a epic end to Leia in Star Wars, much more than what we saw in Episode VII. I hope that we get a good story for Leia in Episode VIII
(although the rumors aren't good).

As awe inspiring as I found Princess Leia to be as a little girl, it turned out to be nothing in comparison to the perpetual jaw-dropping amazement at the glory of Carrie Fisher I've experienced as an adult. Her bravery, her wit, her honesty, her incredible intelligence - she was an absolute inspiration. My love and thoughts are with her family and friends. A small part of me was optimistically hoping she'd be on Ellen in a year with Gary telling anecdotes about the whole incident. Thank you for everything, darling Carrie. You will be desperately, desperately missed.

MDAlbBd.jpg

o7

Nafai1123

Banned
I'm imagining a scene at the end where Luke and Leia are in X-wings flying next to each other and they look lovingly at one another while splitting off in different directions Paul Walker style and it's making me choke up a bit.

I'm imagining a scene at the end where Luke and Leia are in X-wings flying next to each other and they look lovingly at one another while splitting off in different directions Paul Walker style and it's making me choke up a bit.

I'll be honest, I thought that stuff was terrible in F&F. I don't know what the right thing to do in Star Wars is, but I don't want a fourth wall breaking scene like that, that's for sure.

Boke1879

FUCK this is still hitting me hard. I know it's been said plenty of times, but she is an Icon. Obviously Leia is, but Carrie made herself one outside of the movies. Just being who she was. She'll be remembered for so long after this.

She's ingrained in the hearts of millions.

Angelina

Banned
Harrison Ford said this
"Carrie was one-of-a-kind…brilliant, original. Funny and emotionally fearless," he told Us. "She lived her life, bravely...My thoughts are with her daughter Billie, her mother Debbie, her brother Todd, and her many friends. We will all miss her

Guess star wars celebration next year will suck :(

Nah. It'll be a celebration. And if it's not, every single Star Wars fan there will be doing her a disservice. Her, and themselves.

Celebration needs to be the biggest, goofiest, most irreverent wake for Princess Leia there will ever be. And people need to laugh til their tear-stained cheeks hurt.

Boke1879

Nah. It'll be a celebration. And if it's not, every single Star Wars fan there will be doing her a disservice. Her, and themselves.

Celebration needs to be the biggest, goofiest, most irreverent wake for Princess Leia there will ever be. And people need to laugh til their tear-stained cheeks hurt.

This. It needs to be a celebration. Carrie wouldn't have it any other way imo. Laugh, cry, jump for joy etc. But make it be an experience that everyone will remember and will want to remember for the rest of their lives.

Toxi

Banned

Posts like this are why I'm glad you're back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom