• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CASTLEVANIA: NOCTURNE premieres September 28th on Netflix. Trailer 7/27/23

Draugoth

Gold Member
New series focusing on Richter Belmont origin story feat. vampires in the French Revolution. The gory and gothic adventures of the Castlevania franchise continue with an exciting new setting and their highest stakes yet. A gripping story of love and loss, Nocturne marks an evolution to the original fan-favorite Castlevania Netflix Series. Featuring a never before seen origin story of Richter Belmont (gaming icon, and one of the Franchise’s most beloved characters).Led by showrunner Kevin Kolde and Creator/Writer Clive Bradley. Produced by Project 51 Productions with production services provided by Powerhouse Animation

CASTLEVANIA: NOCTURNE premieres September 28th, only on Netflix.

F1-CiE1XsAM7wbB

Last edited:

Yoshi97

I honestly didn't even think the first two seasons were particularly good, whole thing felt like it was written by an edgy teenager or something. Will give this one a chance since it has a different director though.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I remember I tried to watch the second series and it was just awful so dropped it. I'm assuming it didn't get any better and this is just anouther inevitable letdown.

The Fuzz damn you!

Gold Member
I honestly didn't even think the first two seasons were particularly good, whole thing felt like it was written by an edgy teenager or something. Will give this one a chance since it has a different director though.
“You’re not the boss of me, Dad!” is kind of Alucard’s whole thing.

JimboJones

Personally, it was Alucard having a three way with a creepy brother and sister.

Vampires, like pirates, are sexually ambiguous. I get it. That just felt shoe-horned in and like it was pretty tacky filler crap.
I think it was mostly season 3 they went a bit overboard with the sex scenes, didn't ruin it for me or anything but not my cuppa tea either, thankfully it was toned down again in season 4.
Looking to this regardless 😄

Last edited:

Fbh

Wait, people didn't like seasons 3-4 of Castlevania? Any reason in particular? I thought the whole series was excellent.

I thought S3 was slow and boring, it builds towards an underwhelming climax and the Alucard storyline was terrible.
S4 was better but had too many storylines and not enough time to properly develop all of them in a satisfying manner.

Also Trevor and Sypha almost start feeling like filler characters, it's like the writers kept them around because it was expected for them to be there, but they didn't really have anything interesting for them to do until the final episode.
I also liked the internal dynamic between Alucard, Trevor and Sypha but, again, after S2 the 3 of them aren't together until the final episode.

Madflavor

Wait, people didn't like seasons 3-4 of Castlevania? Any reason in particular? I thought the whole series was excellent.

As far as I know, all 4 seasons of Castlevania are generally well liked. Season 3 gets some criticism for feeling like a filler Season, but it was clear that they were setting up a lot of plotlines to be fulfilled and paid off in the next couple seasons. Problem is instead of the planned 5 seasons, they had 4, which is why elements of Season 4 felt rushed, especially with Hector and Isaac's storylines. But they did a great job with the action, and wrapping everything up in a neat bow. Trevor vs Death was pretty amazing.

kondorBonk

I wasn't expecting this to return but I'm stoked. I enjoyed the series the whole way through and Richter has my favorite castlevania games to adapt. I do think It's kinda funny that they would be skipping Simon Belmont but maybe he can get a flash back or movie one day. It does feel like a property you could see easily adapt to live action so his character may be "off limits" for some other project.

All that really matters is the half baked lineage re-imagining from Lord of Shadows/Mirror of Fate can be forgotten to time. God, what a cliche embarrassment.

Last edited:

Minsc

Gold Member
Arcane > This >>>> Cyberpunk.

Cyberpunk had like 1 or maybe 2 great episodes and pacing that said don't give a fuck about this show.

2 things definitely don't work in shows for me:

1 - Cyberpunk's skip forward. Introduce a fun setting and characters in the first two episodes then advance the story so fast that hardly anyone / anything is recognizable in the third episode. This show suffers from many things, primarily trying to shove what should be 3 or 4 seasons of story in to 3 or 4 episodes.

2 - Shows that constantly throw side stories instead of advancing the main plot - like Demon Slayer. You get your side stories in Season 1, after that, I don't give a fuck about anyone new and their sappy-ass stories.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I see 2 women besides Ricter.... one with dredlocks.
This is going to be their show... Isn't it?!
You...do know that Maria is one of the two playable main characters in Rondo of Blood and is actually better than Richter during gameplay right? Right?

manzo

Netflix + american writers = suddenly everyone’s non-white and/or gay.

Actually, a black Dracula would make this automatically awesome and actually watchable. Seasons 1 and 2 were awful.

Last edited:

The Skull

Looks incredible. The previous series was excellent in it's handling of characters and I look forward to what seems to be a more personal story for Richter and how he is developed, same as with Trevor. I hear it's supposed to be covering Rondo/SOTN so it'll be interesting to see how close they stick to the games.

Top Bottom