• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Catherine: Full Body Announced for the PS4 and PS Vita

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Atlus has announced that a remake of Catherine will be released for the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita, called Catherine: Full Body, the official website of which has been launched.

The game will be developed by Atlus’ new internal development team, Studio Zero, which had previously announced the fantasy RPG Project Re Fantasy: A Fool’s Journey Begins.

A Niconico live stream for the game will take place on December 22, 2017 at 7:30 PM JST (2:30 AM PST / 5:30 AM EST).

Source: https://personacentral.com/catherine-full-body-announced-ps4-ps-vita/

First edit:
- Third girl is named "Rin" and is voiced by Aya Hirano. Vincent meets her at the Stray Sheep, where she is the pianist.
-There is an all-new endings (more than one), a new episode of the story, animated scenes and a new "sexy event."
-ATLUS also confirmed that the game will feature online support and the ability to cross-save between PS4 and Vita
-A wide level of difficulty options is also available, alongside other adjustments. There are also new gimmicks and modes such as being able to link together a wide variety of blocks.
-According to Atlus, Rin's involvement in the story will cause a split between Catherine and Katherine. Rin is described as gentle, docile and straightforward. She appears to lack in social etiquette, but she supports Vincent through his nightmares by presenting to him new sense of values.
-The reason they went with "Full Body" is due to its relation to full-bodied wine. It's Catherine with more content (or depth), like a full-bodied wine. It also sounded more erotic.
-Catherine: Full Body will have an online battle mode, Famitsu reports. Inspired by the competitive scene overseas. Atlus states that they noticed the competitive Catherine scene, which is what lead them to developing online features for the remaster.
-Development of the game is currently at 50% complete. No price or release date yet.

Edit again
Scans: https://www.facebook.com/ThePhanSite/posts/400119323778226

Raimond

I doubt it's a full on remake like SOTC or FF VII, but I am hoping for a remaster with added storyline and more connection to Persona series.

I doubt it's a full on remake like SOTC or FF VII, but I am hoping for a remaster with added storyline and more connection to Persona series.

Atlus is master of making their customers double dipping so I'm sure they will add something.
Especially if t gets new subtitle.

Not Drake

It has third girl, lots of new content with additional endings, new mechanics and modes. Call it whatever you want, because it is all semantics. What matters is that it seems to be a pretty substantial release compared to OG Catherine.

I'll grab it if it gets released in the west for the Vita. Otherwise I'll hold for massive discounts with PS4 version.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Remake? I thought it is just remaster original game...

Says that is a remake. I am just as curious.

It has third girl, lots of new content with additional endings, new mechanics and modes. Call it whatever you want, because it is all semantics. What matters is that it seems to be a pretty substantial release compared to OG Catherine.

I'll grab it if it gets released in the west for the Vita. Otherwise I'll hold for massive discounts with PS4 version.

So it will be Catherine, Katherine and Qatherine?!

To all the people who are looking forward to this, I'm happy for you. Four years into this generation of new consoles it would be nice to see more new IP's, and less of the remakes and re-issues.

Dunki

No PC and no SWITCH.
Seems like Atlus dislikes money.

Or maybe this game was already in development before the switch FAD started.....

Anyway. I never played this game but always were interested in the story part. So my question. Do i have to play these puzzles and if how difficult are they on the easiest difficulty? I really suck at these kind of games.......

Not Drake

No PC and no SWITCH.
Seems like Atlus dislikes money.

Odd comment. There's not a single publicly owned company that would "dislike" money. It seems to me that the decision to go PS4+Vita is dictated by limited resources. The game probably runs on the same Atlus' internal engine that Persona 5 and Persona Dancing All Night use. Releasing Ps4 and Vita versions while possibly working on adapting the engine to other platforms before releasing it there looks like a smart business decision. I can see them releasing the game in Japan first and then expand to other platforms with the localisation announcement. Tecmo-Koei style. I will probably triple-dip for a Switch version, too.

On top of that, claiming there's some "money hating" plot in corporate Japan is just silly.

nowhat

Or maybe this game was already in development before the switch FAD started.....
Other theory I've seen is that the game would be made with the Persona 5 engine.

Whatever the reason, this is a buy for me. I almost completed the game on a 360 but never got to the very end (got distracted by some other game and into the backlog she goes), I'll gladly give it another go. Especially with new content.

BANGS

Banned
eh... every time there's a vita version of a game, the ps4 version seems like "the port" and not vis versa...

Hoping this one goes the other way...

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
One thing I wanted out of the original was more content. The game is enjoyable to explore, but you're also limited to so many certain outcomes. As long as they add content then I don't see a problem with rebuying it.

wipeout364

What has atlas made this generation for games other than persona 5? They seem like they have no output other than firing out PS3 content. I may be wrong and I say this as a fan of their games but I don’t remember much output this gen.

Drain You

Due note that this was the Japanese announcement. Still a chance for more platforms when they make a western announcement as has been the case in the past.

Z3M0G

Will buy on Vita... I only got half way through on PS3, I regret trading that away... it was pretty great.

SoraNoKuni

Odd comment. There's not a single publicly owned company that would "dislike" money. It seems to me that the decision to go PS4+Vita is dictated by limited resources. The game probably runs on the same Atlus' internal engine that Persona 5 and Persona Dancing All Night use. Releasing Ps4 and Vita versions while possibly working on adapting the engine to other platforms before releasing it there looks like a smart business decision. I can see them releasing the game in Japan first and then expand to other platforms with the localisation announcement. Tecmo-Koei style. I will probably triple-dip for a Switch version, too.

On top of that, claiming there's some "money hating" plot in corporate Japan is just silly.
I was being sarcastic about their platform decision, sure it makes some sense in a technological view BUT I was hoping Sega's acquisition would push them to advance to the multi platform era, S-E, KT, SEGA, and many more Japanese devs (especially the smaller ones) release their games on multiple platforms I can't see why atlus doesn't since their games print money nowadays.

Atlus always made weird decisions in their platform selection IMO(SMT..).

X-Factor

This game plays like Q-Bert, which is not a good thing.
The story is also not very good at all compared to Atlus' better work.

I would have liked to see a Persona 3 or Persona 4 port or remaster for PS4 instead.

Also it would be far more interesting if the multiplayer mode used the actual character models (Vincent, Catherine, Katherine) instead of the incredibly
dull and boring looking sheep.

Unknown?

Hmm could they be using this to test the engine for a P5 Crimson like they used Catherine to test the engine for P5? Makes sense since the Persona director is on this project. Also makes the choice of PS4/Vita more obvious because those are the only platforms P5 Crimson would come to.

Narasaki

This game plays like Q-Bert, which is not a good thing.
The story is also not very good at all compared to Atlus' better work.

I would have liked to see a Persona 3 or Persona 4 port or remaster for PS4 instead.

Also it would be far more interesting if the multiplayer mode used the actual character models (Vincent, Catherine, Katherine) instead of the incredibly
dull and boring looking sheep.

of course there had to be someone on neogaf who would dislike the fun and fresh gameplay of Catherine. Isn't the goty of this place something like the witcher 3 or stuff like that? so predictable. And Persona 2 was the last interesting persona game.

The story of Catherine had promise but the execution was totally anime cliches, wich is such a waste but hey, at least it's not god of war or some fantasy power stuff

Soriku

Hmm could they be using this to test the engine for a P5 Crimson like they used Catherine to test the engine for P5? Makes sense since the Persona director is on this project. Also makes the choice of PS4/Vita more obvious because those are the only platforms P5 Crimson would come to.

???

Why would they need to test the engine for the same game they already made, just with more content? P5 -> P5 Crimson (assuming they make one) wouldn't remotely be the same situation as Catherine -> P5.

Hell this game is probably using the P5 engine.

This is just a stopgap until they get more experience/staff to properly develop their fantasy game.

Unknown?

???

Why would they need to test the engine for the same game they already made, just with more content? P5 -> P5 Crimson (assuming they make one) wouldn't remotely be the same situation as Catherine -> P5.

Hell this game is probably using the P5 engine.

This is just a stopgap until they get more experience/staff to properly develop their fantasy game.
I’ve read that it is using their P5 engine. It’s just a theory but because they are putting their engine on Vita and it has possibly been upgraded since then.

I'd grab this again, I have the Pizza Box CE. This game was pretty intense as the puzzles got more difficult, it had a lot of style and originality to it.

Vlaphor

Hells to the yes. I bought the special edition for both Ps3 and 360, and then bought it again digitally on PS3 for $10....so yes, I will buy this game again.

PS4 for sure, Vita potentially

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Holly shit!!! Did not expect that and I'm crazy excited for this. Also another game that was on 360 is not coming out on Xbox one just like NieR.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
As a Vita owner this brings me great joy! Might buy a second Vita just because!

RedFox85

This is easily my favorite game from last gen, it has so much style and a great story - the gameplay is no slouch either. I've played through Catherine like 3 times now but honestly this is day one full price PS4 for me, I love this game so bring it on I say.

Hmmm I actually busted out my PS3 to play this in 2017. Wasnt it free on PSN this year?

I did like it a lot. But some of the later puzzles were damn hard.

jaydogg691

Wanted to jump in to the 360 version to play on XBO, but wasn’t sure of the quality of the anime cutscenes due to it being on DVD.

This is good news and the extra content is nice.

Top Bottom