• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cemu Thread: Emulating Wii U Games

Those screenshots are quite tasty.

Sure would be nice to kill the HUD completely.

[Definition]
titleIds = 00050000101C9300,00050000101C9400,00050000101C9500
name = "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Pro+ HUD"

[TextureRedefine] # Hearts
width = 48
height = 48
formats = 0x001,0x007
overwriteWidth = 49
overwriteHeight = 49

Put that in a graphics pack.

heringer

1. Playable, yes. I don't think there's anything that stops you from completing the game. The biggest issues (afaik) right now are:

-Random slowdowns, where the game drops below 1fps and gets stuck there. Fixed by holding + to open the menu (which does not slow down), then saving/reloading. Doesn't happen for everyone, and doesn't happen regularly, so if you're patient it's not the biggest deal.
-Framerate. Using cemuhook/gpufence option, a lot of people get fps between 20 and 30, which is somewhat the same as Wii U, even in 4K. However, it's spec dependent, so YMMV. I'm typically 25-30fps, which I have no issue with.
-Camera rune/thumbnail saving. Taking pictures with the slate does recognize what you're taking a picture of, but in the gallery the thumbnails are all blank (same with the load screen). Doesn't really affect gameplay as far as I'm aware, just a visual bug.
-Prerendered cutscenes. By default in cemu they won't play correctly, but they work if you use cemuhook, which is just a dll you stick in the cemu folder. Because of this they're not really an issue, but thought I'd mention it.

For me, the only issue that really bothers me is the random crashes, although those didn't appear in the last cemu version as often, so maybe they will be fixed soon. Fingers crossed.

2. For performance, cpu matters way more than gpu. Increased resolutions don't require much power either. Like I said before, YMMV depending on cpu, but if you have a decent intel cpu (or ryzen) at 3.5GHz+ you can see 20-30fps most of the time (with disablegpufence option enabled). In general it's a bit smoother on Wii U, but for the most part comparable to PC.

3. Yes, it looks much better on PC with graphics packs (and ppAA removed/forced AA). The visual difference is honestly completely worth all the trouble IMO.

Can we really say the game is already beatable on CEMU? I don't think anyone have gone through the game yet. Also, isn't there a lot of other visual bugs, like with lava?

tensuke

Can we really say the game is already beatable on CEMU? I don't think anyone have gone through the game yet. Also, isn't there a lot of other visual bugs, like with lava?

Well, beatable is kind of loose with this game, since very little is actually required to beat it. I believe I've seen posts of people that have completed the main quest and gotten the ending, although I admit I can't verify if they were true. Edit: Actually there's a guy that just made a post about beating it with screens, so "beatable" I'd say is accurate. Whether or not every single thing ingame can be done, idk.

ty_hot

Can I use the Switch Pro controller in CEMU?

What kind of performance can I expect from a i7 7700HQ (laptop), 16ram, 1050ti and SSD? I would like to play in 4k if possible, but no problem to play in full hd as well.

I remember older console shad ery shitty performance even on high end pcs, but I believe this is not the case (because the Wii U isn't a PS4 or XOne)...

The 16k + shader caches are probably a mix of various other games, by the way. People who've completed the game are only ending up with around a 9k cache. I would avoid using the large ones.

Are graphics packs not working for anybody else or am I doing something fundamentaly wrong?

I have a folder for the pack, which contains a single file with the short code for resolution (texture) override. CEMU finds it, I click the activate box.

The game stays at 720p. I have an AMD GPU - R9 290 for the record.

MUnited83

For you.

I can confirm that it is beatable. Maybe not the "true" ending, but you can go ahead and beat the final boss after getting out of the Plateau.

jediyoshi

The 16k + shader caches are probably a mix of various other games, by the way. People who've completed the game are only ending up with around a 9k cache. I would avoid using the large ones.

I'm not familiar with the reference, but transferable shader caches are self contained per game. So '59a32695.bin' for US BotW is only for that, and on boot, only that's compiled.

Are graphics packs not working for anybody else or am I doing something fundamentaly wrong?

I have a folder for the pack, which contains a single file with the short code for resolution (texture) override. CEMU finds it, I click the activate box.

The game stays at 720p. I have an AMD GPU - R9 290 for the record.

When the game is running and you check the graphic packs window, do you see next to it that it says 'Yes'? Also keep in mind it needs to be activated before you boot the game for it to activate.

I'm not familiar with the reference, but transferable shader caches are self contained per game. So '59a32695.bin' for US BotW is only for that, and on boot, only that's compiled.

When the game is running and you check the graphic packs window, do you see next to it that it says 'Yes'? Also keep in mind it needs to be activated before you boot the game for it to activate.

What if you change the file name of the shader cache to different titles? Does it keep building on the same file? That's what I assumed they meant.

Mifec

You managed to fix it? I saw your post on Reddit, I'm going to try it now.

Nah only worked once. Still froze when I tried to do it later.

He means this https://www.reddit.com/r/cemu/comments/63zny4/19k_shader_caches_might_be_bigger_than_necessary/

Grassy

Nah only worked once. Still froze when I tried to do it later.

Ahh ok. I managed to do the first two orbs, but it locked up when I tried to do the third one...I ended up swimming back to the shrine with the raft(just made it using all my stamina elixirs/food) and played for 4 hours straight with no other crashes.

Mifec

Is there anyway to get better responsiveness with the gamepad movement function. Because I'm seriously considering drinking myself to sleep with how turrible it is in dungeons that require it.

Eirulan

Hi,
this probably has been asked, so apologies in advance, but I am not sure about this:
Is it correct that I do not need to set the disableGPUfence in gameprofiles if I use cemuhook.dll?

Mifec

Oh wow, someone found multiple ways in which to make shader caches less convenient and they want out of their way to do it. What a mess.

Yeah, I've been playing with a 9k one today, went through the whole map from 70 to 112 shrines and maybe got like 300 extra shaders from it.

jediyoshi

Heads up, Cemu straight up crashes on game boot for me in the new major Windows update (Creators Update).

I'm having severe sound issues/glitches in BOTW, what could possibly be the reason..?

Same reason performance isn't great, It's still extremely early.

Mergesort

Heads up, Cemu straight up crashes on game boot for me in the new major Windows update (Creators Update).

Same reason performance isn't great, It's still extremely early.

Uh Oh shit, I just updated today. Thank the universe, it's just the laptop. Fuck MS, there is always at least on thing breaking whenever they update stuff.

jediyoshi

Uh Oh shit, I just updated today. Thank the universe, it's just the laptop. Fuck MS, there is always at least on thing breaking whenever they update stuff.

Looking further into it, it just seemed to be an Nvidia driver issue on my end fixed by reverting to an older version

Mifec

Looking further into it, it just seemed to be an Nvidia driver issue on my end fixed by reverting to an older version

Worked fine for me when I installed the drivers so prolly just some hiccup for you, glad it's not the creators update haha.
A while back someone said someone was working on a weapon durability mod. Anything ever come of that?

Nothing yet from what I know, I just use a save editor to get stuff.

I activate the pack with the checkbox on the left, but there is nothing in the "Active" column. No idea why. The pack is of course activated before I even load the game.

Do you have any idea why it's not activating? Thanks a lot

Vuze

1.7.4 is out public now btw. Has it already been a week? Time flies 😳
http://cemu.info/#download

I activate the pack with the checkbox on the left, but there is nothing in the "Active" column. No idea why. The pack is of course activated before I even load the game.

Do you have any idea why it's not activating? Thanks a lot
Are you sure the pack contains the TID matching your region of the game?

Neo_Geo

Banned
this i someones RAM usage with 19.7k shaders, game running with 4k graphics pack, AA removal and high res shadows all enabled. it looks like it works just fine on a computer with 8GB

How is is the game running for that particular user? Looks like quite a bit of virtual RAM being utilized due to only having 8GB.

KainXVIII

Getting 11-12 fps in BOTW on i5-3570@4.2GHz and GTX 970 in opening plateau with 4k downscaling. With speedhack framerate improves greatly (shows as 21-22, but feels like 30, maybe with frameskip).
PS - some glitchy light halo from campfires and other light sources is normal?

ARrc.png

jediyoshi

Getting 11-12 fps in BOTW on i5-3570@4.2GHz and GTX 970 in opening plateau with 4k downscaling. With speedhack framerate improves greatly (shows as 21-22, but feels like 30, maybe with frameskip).

ARrc.png

Looks like an issue that'd pop up with a graphic pack that's trying to adjust something like DOF or shadows. Are you only using a 4k graphic pack?

Marcelus

ARrc.png

use 4K graphic pack from github. I has this problem too but with github pack is gone.

https://slashiee.github.io/cemu_graphic_packs/

Hello All,

is some trick how use reshade with cemu+BOTW? Without Reshade i have 25_30 FPS in exteriors and stable 30 in interiors but with reshade I have only 20 FPS everywhere only with FXAA and lift gamma gain. When I turned OFF efects in Reshade still is only 20 FPS.

KainXVIII

Looks like an issue that'd pop up with a graphic pack that's trying to adjust something like DOF or shadows. Are you only using a 4k graphic pack?

Yeah, i downloaded fresh graphic pack, 4k or 1440p gives same result..Maybe i need to delete all graphics pack folders and install it once again.

jediyoshi

Yeah, i downloaded fresh graphic pack, 4k or 1440p gives same result..

But can you check that it's only affecting the game's resolution? The structure is very basic, if it's only affecting 720p -> 4k, it will only have this underneath the definition.

[TextureRedefine]
width = 1280
height = 720
overwriteWidth = 3840
overwriteHeight = 2160

Those bugs are more linked to when something like 640x360 or 720x720 textures are being modified.

edit: graphic packs are purely text files, nothing about them you'd need to reinstall.

KainXVIII

But can you check that it's only affecting the game's resolution? The structure is very basic, if it's only affecting 720p -> 4k, it will only have this underneath the definition.

[TextureRedefine]
width = 1280
height = 720
overwriteWidth = 3840
overwriteHeight = 2160

Those bugs are more linked to when something like 640x360 or 720x720 textures are being modified.

edit: graphic packs are purely text files, nothing about them you'd need to reinstall.

Maybe some text files from older pack conflicts with new one. After deleting and reinstalling all works fine by now =)

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Anyone else getting 10+fps drop with Reshade? It looks a lot nicer with the turned up vibrance, but not at that performance cost. If need be I'll force vibrance up through my drivers, but I'd rather do Reshade.

Marcelus

Anyone else getting 10+fps drop with Reshade? It looks a lot nicer with the turned up vibrance, but not at that performance cost. If need be I'll force vibrance up through my drivers, but I'd rather do Reshade.

I have only 20 FPS with Reshade

Top Bottom