• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cemu (Wii U Emulator) introduces customizable graphics (increased internal res&more)

What's the specs required for this beast? I'm not too worried about ripping and playing my games until the emulator develops a bit more, but I'm highly curious. I have a custom built ddr4 PC with an i5 6750 or whatever came out a year or so ago running at 4.2ghz with a GTX 770 (the oldest part in the PC).

Your video card is a bit old, but you have a good processor making you actually have one of the better setups than the rest of us. Emulators are different than what is typically recommended for gaming rigs. I have a Ivy bridge i7-3770k oc'd to 5 ghz and a 1070. It's likely that you would run as good or better than me simply because of how good your processor is and how dependent emulators are in straight brute forcing computations. For instance in XCX I can maintain 30 fps, until I hit battle, at that time the amount of computing power required is more than my CPU can reliably get through quick enough to sustain that framerate. My GPU on the other hand is basically at idle the whole time.

To put it a different way if typical PC gaming is 80% GPU and 20% CPU, emulators are 80% CPU and 20% GPU. Maybe 70/30, but really the point is that your CPU matters in running emulators smoothly.

inner-G

Banned
Been messing with this a bit today.

My monitor is 1440p, but I'm running the 4K texture packs on MK8. Forced 2x SSAA and 16x AF thru nVidia control panel

Looks great!

Took a quick gameplay clip: https://youtu.be/aQt09Tjls7o

(Video looks a little chuggier than it does in motion. Don't know if that's due to Shadowplay or the variable refresh rate - my monitor has g-sync)

Top Bottom