• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2017 Week 4 |OT| "We were in a nickel. But with injuries, we didn’t have a dime."

jfkgoblue

Salty folks about the blue field lol. They've been using it for years, decades, before they were ever a good team. NCAA doesn't say anything about it, in fact there are no rules in the NCAA as to what color your field has to be(there is a rule in the NFL though).
Doesn't mean it's any less bad. Like I will not watch a Boise home game bad.

Karl2177

Salty folks about the blue field lol. They've been using it for years, decades, before they were ever a good team. NCAA doesn't say anything about it, in fact there are no rules in the NCAA as to what color your field has to be(there is a rule in the NFL though).

I vaguely remember the NCAA putting out a rule recently, but it excludes the teams that already have a colored field.

Dishwalla

Banned
There is no rule, and there never has been.

Also whatever, sorry it hurts you so much. I have been to BSU games myself and its some of the most fun you can have at a football game. Boise State fans are extremely passionate, and fierce in their support for the team.

Rvaan

Banned
Rece Davis went on Rich Eisen's radio show and said Tom Rinaldi did a pub crawl for a feature at ESPN. Now I wanna see drunk Tom Rinaldi.

There is no rule, and there never has been.

Also whatever, sorry it hurts you so much. I have been to BSU games myself and its some of the most fun you can have at a football game. Boise State fans are extremely passionate, and fierce in their support for the team.

There really is a defense force for everything!

cdyhybrid

One of our starting corners broke his foot and is out six weeks. The guy who will probably take over for him has been playing a ton and has looked good though, so hopefully we can keep things together.

Backup RB is out with a concussion as well. Gaskin about to get 20+ carries, and maybe we can finally unleash Salvon Ahmed.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Virginia looked good against a poor looking Boise team.

Maybe the PAC12 after dark will be fun, Arizona schools tend to be good for some crazy.

Dishwalla

Banned
There really is a defense force for everything!

Blue field is great and y'all being this salty makes me laugh. Like, you wish your team had a gimmick this good. Boise State is an extremely small market and things like the smurf turf get them national attention, good for them.

Corsick

If Arizona, UCLA and Arizona State gave a single damn about football, they'd fire their coaches right now. This is hard to watch, again.

Probably a great choice if they want to go 9-3 and occasionally be in the run for a conference title.

wait a second............9-3 you say.....

11097420.jpg

Corsick

Probably a great choice if they want to go 9-3 and occasionally be in the run for a conference title.

Nebraska needs a transformative younger coach, I will NEVER understand this odd desire to hire failed retreads. Miles lost the fire to be a top tier coach and even if he never was, coaching at a place that doesn't have a distinct talent advantage over most schools would be a disaster. He'd have to survive on pure coaching acumen and effort, and he doesn't really possess much of the former IMO. Nebraska should hire an up and coming Group of Five coach. Known commodities won't go there because they'd already be at a USC/Florida/Ohio State etc. This isn't the early to mid 90s anymore, and Nebraska only sporadically recruits good talent now, like their past class. Even then, you have a very real glass ceiling if you can't coach that talent up sooner or later.

cdyhybrid

If Nebraska wants to win titles they probably need to buy cheap on a rising star coordinator/G5 HC and keep him happy enough to stick around once the program pops. They're not going to attract a Saban/Meyer type. Maybe Chip Kelly? If he's even interested, that is.

Kevtones

Kind of a weakass fumble call. Then they throw an iffy 15 yarder against Zona on top of it.

Blah.

Oh Shit Brendan Schooler's brother plays for Zona? And he's pretty good? Family is great.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Just got to the game. Still feels kind of like a toss up to me. Hope we pull it off, a 3-0 start would be big for us.

Top Bottom